Best of PRIDE FC, coming to Spike.

http://urdirt.com/2009/08/07/dana-white-announces-best-of-pride-fc-coming-this-january-to-spike-tv/

“Things didn’t work out with PRIDE the way we planned,” White explained about the promotion Zuffa acquired from DSE in 2007. ”So we put together a TV show called “The best of PRIDE” and it will air in January on Spike. So all the old great PRIDE fights that happened will all the stars who are UFC guys now you will be able to see it.”

I know this is semi-old news, but is anyone else proud that Dana made a good decision? I'm pumped for this man.

Awesome as long as they're not edited like on Fox Sports

Dana White announces “Best of PRIDE FC” coming this January to Spike TV

Published on: 7th August, 2009

pride-never-die
Dana White announces "Best of PRIDE FC" coming this January to Spike TV  | read this item

pride-never-die

Remember the chants of “PRIDE Never die!” well they are correct, the promotion that made many of us (including myself) hardcore fans of the sport will return to Spike TV this January according to UFC president Dana White.

White confirmed the show will be titled “Best of PRIDE” during the UFC 101: Declaration “Q&A” session today.

Photo: Fightlinker.com

Photo: Fightlinker.com

“Things didn’t work out with PRIDE the way we planned,” White explained about the promotion Zuffa acquired from DSE in 2007. ”So we put together a TV show called “The best of PRIDE” and it will air in January on Spike. So all the old great PRIDE fights that happened will all the stars who are UFC guys now you will be able to see it.”

While this is not promotion that White promised us and never intended on delivering, it’s a start. PRIDE FC had some of the best fights most new casual fans (TuFF NooBz) have never seen.

PRIDE FC had a mystique to a lot of long time fans that the UFC still has not matched to this day in the hearts of many fans. From Royce Gracie vs Kazushi Sakuraba’s legendary “Iron man” match to the yearly Grand Prix tournaments there was a lot of things that PRIDE did that separated it from the UFC.

While the UFC has given no solid indication that they intend on promoting in Japan again this show could be used to gauge interest in the Japanese promotion and used to build brand recognition.

On a side note, I am pretty sure we will not see too many of Fedor Emelianenko’s fights air on Spike in January.

A little late to the party huh?

never heard of it.

^^^The date on the article is Aug 7th

mcpeepants232003 - 
grachuss - He's only using it to hype guys that are in the UFC. We aren't going to see Gomi highlights.

why they show fights of people no longer in the Ufc on Unleashed.

I think what he means is we wont see guys that are star in other orgs.

On unleashed they show former UFC guys but none of them are stars now.  Not that I can think Of anyway.

Obviously we will not see Fredo, Gomi etc. on this show.

so will it only show fights from guys that are currently with the UFC or have been? it may mean no fedor.

AOmonsta - so will it only show fights from guys that are currently with the UFC or have been? it may mean no fedor.

"So all the old great PRIDE fights that happened with all the stars who are UFC guys now you will be able to see it.”  Quote from article above.

Did anybody even read this article?

Mad Xyientist - never heard of it.

You keep forgetting that MMA didn't start with season 1 of TUF!!!!

It will be like Dana White's '100 Greatest UFC Fights', with all the Fedors, Gomis, Aronas and Hansens editted out (except for the matches they lose).

Squatdog - It will be like Dana White's '100 Greatest UFC Fights', with all the Fedors, Gomis, Aronas and Hansens editted out (except for the matches they lose).

Yes, as much as I defend Dana White this was upsetting. That UFC Greatest 100 was a crock of shit.