Best Outdoor Herbal Strain (Northern California)?

We recently passed Proposition 64 in California which allows someone to grow up to 6 "marijuana" plants at their residence for recreational purposes.  Local jurisdictions have the ability to ban outdoor cultivation, but, to my surprise, my city just officially OK'd it today (recreational, not commercial).  I'm only planning on growing two plants because that's all my wife will allow.  I know, I apologize for being beta in this regard, but I'll take what I can get.  I think I would like to grow one killer indica and one killer sativa but I would also consider a hybrid if it is dank enough.

So I ask you, the OG, to recommend some strains that will knock my socks off.  I am experienced and can handle high THC strains; in fact, they are preferred. 

I'm at the same latitude as Santa Rosa, CA, for what it's worth.  I also live in a residential neighborhood on a half acre so something that won't stink up the neighborhood too bad would be appreciated

Grow in 50 gallon containers so your trees end up huge. 

I have to keep everything contained in a 12' long 6' wide and approx. 6' tall fenced area so I might have to dig a couple of large holes and plant them in the ground.  This will be my first time so it's gonna be interesting.   

GDP and it's offspring do well outdoor up here

Durban Poison is one that I've been considering.  And some kind of purple indica too.  There are so many strains out there.   Never heard of White Buffalo, I'm sure it's good!

Right now GDP is near the top of my list for the indica. Good to hear it does well in this area.  

The internets say that GDP is pretty skunky smelling, is that true?

JerseyCityMMA -

I'm in Napa...just planted white buffalo and chemdawg#4 

Chem4 is a great choice. Blue Dream too.

I personally love platinum girl scout cookies.

Not crazy expensive and its the perfect density. Breaks up nicely and I'm not much for the fluffy indicas....hate how leafy they are.

I grab it whenever they have it - $45 for 5 grams

By the way, if anyone in Norcal would give me a clone or some seeds that would be perfectly legal in our state, FYI, heh heh.  

I can't buy you a blue name but I would definitely vote you up.   

Zonion -

I have to keep everything contained in a 12' long 6' wide and approx. 6' tall fenced area so I might have to dig a couple of large holes and plant them in the ground.  This will be my first time so it's gonna be interesting.   

If you don't grow in large containers, make sure you dig deep/wide enough and use high quality soil. You want to provide the best environment so that you can grow a nice big healthy root system.

Zonion -

By the way, if anyone in Norcal would give me a clone or some seeds that would be perfectly legal in our state, FYI, heh heh.  

Just go somewhere cheap to get a medical prescription. They can be had for like $40-50. Then you can buy clones from a dispensary. Or just get them off craigslist.

I'm not going the medical route.  I've waited this long for legalization so I can either wait until next January or I'll hopefully find someone who'll give me some seeds or a clone. I've heard that being on the medical marijuana list can prohibit someone from purchasing a firearm.   Not sure if that's true but I'd just rather not do it. 

Outdoor will always have an earthy taste so I always found getting something with a strong distinct taste helps. Like for Sativa I used to do a Super Sour Diesel or chemdawg, Indica I loved doing King Louie or bubba kush outdoor. Always got good results off of blue dream outdoors.

If I had to pick two right now I'd do a lambs bread for Sativa and an OG or Girlscout cookies for an indica based hybrid

in

That's all your wife will allow, can you stay up part your bedtime to take care of them?

JerseyCityMMA -
Zonion -

I'd gladly hook you up with clones. What city you in?

Shit dude, that would be awesome.   Let's be clear - I would drive to wherever you are to pick up a clone.   I'm East of Sacramento by about an hour.