Best place to train in Denver??????

Hello. Im moving to Denver and am looking to train as a hobby (not become a pro). I have been training off and on for a while and mostly enjoy gyms that are laid back but offer grappling and striking. Also, I prefer not to wear a Gi, but that wont stop me from going to a school.

I'll be living in LoDo. Any convenient or particularly good MMA gyms that anyone could recommend. I know that Marquardt trains in Aurora, but besides using google am not sure if anything else is good.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thankya

I train at www.mmapf.com

10,000 square feet, a full gym, ring, cage, 16 heavybags, boxing, BJJ, MT, Karate, wrestling, MMA, Self Defense...

It is off of Arapahoe rd and Jordan. Probably a 15-20 minute drive from you.

Lot's of great places though if you want to try other places too.

Nate's school is High Altitude MA

Zingano BJJ is North of you

Sven Bean has ROF training Facility

Amal Easton has a few schools in the metro  area

Funny thing is, I know Zingano BJJ, built their cage couple of years ago.

What's up bro?

Thanks for the info. I'll look into all of those schools.

3d is in denver?

3d is in denver?

The TrainWreck - 3d is in denver?

3D is in Denver. Also a good school. I have been friends of Sensei Thatch for years.

Also Grapplers Edge (Can't forget them or Chad K will kick my ass) great school on Colfax near downtown.

Dojosensei - Funny thing is, I know Zingano BJJ, built their cage couple of years ago.

What's up bro?

Zingano is a very nice guy. You can't help but like him. I have never seen their cage but if you built it I know it rocks : )

Wow, Premier looks awesome. Has a fitness room and a bunch of state of the art equipment. When I get out there, I'll have to drive down there and see how much time it will take in after-work traffic. Looks like a bit of a hike, but it might be worth it.

Again, thanks for the info everyone.

cool really mellow place to train - www.transdenver.com just a few guys tho

most convenient to your location is probably grappler's edge but their hours are difficult.. ring of fire mma inside innerstrength is a good place, nate's gym is cool on havana but driving from lodo would suck, easton has a school at 3rd and broadway that would be convenient too. PM me if you want to know more about Tran's

atop mt masuvious, duh

T's KO Fight Club(Grudge Training Center)

http://www.tskofightclub.com/ 

Wheat Ridge Co. doesn't look to far from the city.

Shane Carwin trains there.

I would say Inner Strength, 3D trains out of there and Ring of Fire is there also. The atmosphere is real kick back to.

anyone train at Gumm's school? i'm way on the other side of town.

Gumm's place is good. I was there a long time ago when Dave was there. Friendly place, and Brad is a nice guy.

I'm at High Altitude right now, and I really like it. They have a variety of classes every day, including personal training, kickboxing, gi/no-gi BJJ, MMA, and a new takedown class. We've also got a fair number of fighters there, like C. Allen, B. Schaub, C. Donovan, etc.

One cool thing about Denver is that we have a pretty tight gym community. A good chunk of the schools have guys that have trained elsewhere or still do regularly. For instance, at HA we're essentially "sister schools" with BJJ Boulder and Grudge/T's along with Jackson's in NM. We have guys from all 3 dropping in on random days, and vice versa. 

Domingo - Gumm's place is good. I was there a long time ago when Dave was there. Friendly place, and Brad is a nice guy.

I'm at High Altitude right now, and I really like it. They have a variety of classes every day, including personal training, kickboxing, gi/no-gi BJJ, MMA, and a new takedown class. We've also got a fair number of fighters there, like C. Allen, B. Schaub, C. Donovan, etc.

One cool thing about Denver is that we have a pretty tight gym community. A good chunk of the schools have guys that have trained elsewhere or still do regularly. For instance, at HA we're essentially "sister schools" with BJJ Boulder and Grudge/T's along with Jackson's in NM. We have guys from all 3 dropping in on random days, and vice versa. 
This is a true statement.

I have trained with a bunch of guys from other schools. I try not to rep my school to much because I respect the other gyms, but business is business : )

Domingo- I used to train with Art Fernandez  a lot when he was still in Denver. I'm not sure how long you have been with HA. Art was a great guy.

i train out of gumms, been there about two years. but you really can't go wrong with any of the gym mentioned so far.

kimohapa - I would say Inner Strength, 3D trains out of there and Ring of Fire is there also. The atmosphere is real kick back to.

I emailed these guys and they told me the monthly rate for gym and MMA is $125/month. That is better than doing what I used to do and pay $40/month gym and $100/month MMA and having 2 separate locations.

Im leaning toward this spot because its close to my new apartment and has everything I need for indoor fitness.

You all gave some good ideas. Much appreciated.

gummbjj.com

colorado bjj

easton

grudge

t's

high altitude

theres a million gyms in denver. most of them are good places to train. id say these are the best