best places to train in chicago

hey guys,

just wanted to know any good places to train in chicago...mma, bjj, box, muay thai, wrestling etc.

cheers.

Illinois Shotokan Karate Club (ISKC)

I signed up at NewBreed Academy in Evanston, IL a couple months ago. Its BJJ/MMA. The people are super cool, no ego in there, and the instruction is really good. You also get access to the boxing gym that NewBreed rents with, so you can train boxing with a real boxing trainer and bjj/mma with bjj/mma guys. I'd definitely recommend the place. Only 80$ if you're a student too.

thanks for that guys... any one else train anywhere else???

the ISKC thing was a joke :) don't train there! lol

There is Carlson Gracie Jr. in the city, as well as Dino Costeas (Andrei Arlovski's BJJ coach), Pete Letsos who just opened up Rio JJ academy, Jay Valko who recently opened up his own BJJ school, Gracie Barra... you have many choices. Hopefully someone who trains at one of the schools can post more info.

You won't regret walking into Dino Costeas'

ttt, does carlson gracie jnr live in chicago?, i will have to check out him and dino for sure.

any box/mt that anyone knows of?

again thanks guys.

Hey lessQQmorePewPew:

Is this place you speak of across from the Butera on Lawrence Ave? I was wondering about the place.

It's a TKD place that offers MMA. Hmmmmm... curious about this place myself.

ttt

www.forcetoro.com

Dan

ttt

Where do you live at?

Chicago's a big city with some sprawl, and it isn't easy getting around.

"Chicago's a big city with some sprawl, and it isn't easy getting around."

The you can get around pretty easily with the trains and what not.

ttt

All of those BJJ schools mentioned above are very good. Andre Madiz also teaches Muay Thai at the Carlson Gracie Jr. school. And yes Junior lives in Chicago.

Thanks,
Colin

seek out somone named wayne gregory.

and his protoge Dan Lamping.

belive me, its worth it.

joe mac

Valko BJJ

It is in River North:

Symmetry Center
401 W. Ontario Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60610

4th Floor...great environment, ego free, great instruction and training partners.

Joe-

who are those guys?

Chicago Fitness Center on 3131 N. Licoln Ave in Chicago (home of Shidokan and sometimes Shonie Carter) much more MMA style training now than there used to be. Exceptional stand-up teaching

Multiplex on 1235 N Lasalle St, Chicago (Carlson Cracie Jr)BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing.

Gracie Barra on 4900 N Lincoln. Mainly BJJ.

POW! 950 W. Washington (Dino Costeas BJJ Coach for Orlovski) MMA, BJJ, Muat Thai

Degeberg Academy on 4717 N. Lincooln and 3596 Milwaukee not really hardcore mma, but pretty decent training facility

POW looks to be the closest to where you are going to be.

Hope this helps.

Chicago Fitness Center on 3131 N. Licoln Ave in Chicago (home of Shidokan and sometimes Shonie Carter) much more MMA style training now than there used to be. Exceptional stand-up teaching

Multiplex on 1235 N Lasalle St, Chicago (Carlson Cracie Jr)BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing.

Gracie Barra on 4900 N Lincoln. Mainly BJJ.

POW! 950 W. Washington (Dino Costeas BJJ Coach for Orlovski) MMA, BJJ, Muat Thai

Degeberg Academy on 4717 N. Lincooln and 3596 Milwaukee not really hardcore mma, but pretty decent training facility

POW looks to be the closest to where you are going to be.

Hope this helps.