Best Protein Powders (For Me)?

Sorry, I know this question is on here all the time, but I've been using no xplode before my workout and a cup of syntha 6 after it. I also take syntha 6 before bed on my off days, but I feel like it's making me fat and a personal trainer friend of mine said people usually steer away from syntha 6 and muscle milk because it can build fat.

I've also read no xplode shuts down some important liver enzymes used in digestion, so I'll stop taking that. My question is what should I start using instead and when should I take it? I'm kind of a noob, just learning everything on my own, but what supplements do you guys take and when do you take them?

Appreciate it

Protein shake after work out.

Also on off days whenever.

MUSCLE MARINADE!

GNC AMP 60

You're way over-thinking this -- the difference between various whey protein blends is pretty marginal. Most of the claims made to differentiate various products are just marketing and not backed by any real research.

Just buy whatever whey isolate/concentrate blend you can get in bulk for cheap that's palatable (I get like 6lbs at Costco for around $32). Or you could go with a whey/casein blend. Or just drink milk (if you need the calories/carbs).

Optimum Nutrition right here Phone Post

I use http://nowfoods.com/Products/ProductsbyCategory/Category/080754.htm?cat=Sports%20Nutrition

Its pricey, but its the cheapest of all certified organic whey proteins on the market. 

I also sometimes use Biochem's natural unflavored whey isolate. http://www.biochem-fitness.com/pages/powders_main.html#ultlonatural

Eat lots of fish and turkey Phone Post

Onikage - Sorry, I know this question is on here all the time, but I've been using no xplode before my workout and a cup of syntha 6 after it. I also take syntha 6 before bed on my off days, but I feel like it's making me fat and a personal trainer friend of mine said people usually steer away from syntha 6 and muscle milk because it can build fat.

I've also read no xplode shuts down some important liver enzymes used in digestion, so I'll stop taking that. My question is what should I start using instead and when should I take it? I'm kind of a noob, just learning everything on my own, but what supplements do you guys take and when do you take them?

Appreciate it

Well, if you read the instructions for the products you're using you'll see that Syntha 6 is not a post workout drink, its a foundation drink. Cell Mass is BSN's post workout drink.

Just a thought.

Thanks a ton for the info guys

I bought some ON whey, which I suppose I should take after workouts, but I'm not sure what the optimal time to take it on off days. Is it better in the morning or before bed? Ive heard arguments for both.

I'm currently using Labrada lean 8. Best tasting stuff I've ever used.

i recently found out about True Protein and their isolated protein has worked wonders for me. you can basically create your protein from scratch, flavoring, natural sweeteners etc. cheap and delicious as well!

Onikage - Thanks a ton for the info guys

I bought some ON whey, which I suppose I should take after workouts, but I'm not sure what the optimal time to take it on off days. Is it better in the morning or before bed? Ive heard arguments for both.

You're over thinking this. Take it whenever you need a low calorie protein rich meal but it's inconvenient to eat whole food.

is it better to have a low cal/protein rich meal in the morning or before bed on off days?

Whey in the morning, caesin at night is the basic guideline Phone Post

I used trueprotein.com and so did a buddy of mine the following day from his computer. The product was good but my buddy and I both had our bank accts drained within a day. There explanation was it hadn't happened before. I nor YOU should use this website for ordering. Phone Post