Best representative for each individual martial art, in MMA TODAY

My picks

Boxing: - Petr Yan
He covers up well, slips punches well, and can hit you from every and any angle. I don’t think it’s even close that he is the best boxer in the UFC atm

Kickboxing: - Alex Pereira
MW & LHW champion in Glory kickboxing. 3-0 against Izzy. Has massive KO power in his punches and kicks

Karate: - Stephen Thompson
Like this was even a tough choice to make. There’s no one quite like Stephen thompson. He moves quick and hits you with weird strikes from weird angles that confuse his opponents

Wrestling: - Bo Nickal
Hopefully it’s not too early to select him as the best example for wrestling. He has massive potential, more than any wrestler we’ve ever seen coming into the UFC. Undefeated and has effortlessly taken down his opponents thus far

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: - Charles Oliveria
Other than Islam his opponents are terrified to go to the ground with him. They’re petrified once he gets their back. His grappling transitions are wicked fast and he can get a choke on you so fast. Not to mention, he has the most submission wins in UFC
history

Sambo: Islam Makhachev
Like this was even a touch choice to make. Khabib would have been the easy answer as well if this were a few years ago, but today it’s his protege, Islam. His takedowns are strong, he uses the fence very well to take guys down, and unless your name is Alexander Volkanovski you don’t get back up

For Muay Thai & Judo someone smarter than me will have to take this lose two for me

3 Likes

3 Likes

RareYearlyAntelope-size_restricted

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Who da fuck is Bo Nickel troll?

1 Like

Another hidden profile. Great

1 Like

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

1 Like

That makes for 20 users now. Congrats

Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

Thanks! I didn’t realize this was an available option on UG. Essential to all forums.

1 Like

Ahh yes. The ignore function is the best thing on this site. It weeds out the trolls and shit posts that plague this once great site

1 Like

Rodtang for MT

1 Like

Troll is upset when his trolling gets pointed out. :joy:

2 Likes

You should of just said UFC not MMA lol

2 Likes

What are your picks then Barry

1 Like

Pico should be at least considered for Wrestling or Boxing. He’s gotten a lot better with his stand up since he’s mixed in his wrestling.

I will openly admit I’ve only seen Aaron’s last 2 fights and obviously his last fight ended in unfortunate fashion

I don’t know too much about him but I know the hardcore fans talk very highly of him

2 Likes

According to Chael, the Nurmagomedov group pays tribute to Sambo, but they are not a great example of it in mma competition. I wouldn’t know myself, but Chael knows everything.

I’d be curious to hear other opinions on good examples of Sambo in mma.