Best route to take on truck purchase

I currently drive an 05 nissan titan. Its got 130,000 miles and is mechanically good. Ive replaced just about every major part that could break within the last 3 years. Bearing, shocks, radiator, bushings, whole brake setup + some. 

Problem is now after years of Indiana weather its starting to look like shit. Its also paid off and has a lot of sentimental value to me. 

I'm currently looking at a 2012 ford f150 fx4. Its got 63k miles and is loaded. Sunroof, lift with tires and all the things I'd want, but not overdone. They're asking $28,000 (Ill post pics) 

Here's my options. 

Sell the titan and get the truck. 

Trade in the titan and get the truck.

Wait a year and get another truck, but keep the titan. 

Trick my wife into letting me keep my truck and get a new one. 

What's the best move here. Having a back up /work vehicle is always nice. But so is money

That sounds really high for a 2012, honestly.

Why not wait until there's a 0% financing offer from a dealer and get a new one that will be under warranty and probably some kind of free oil changes/tire rotation.

If you zoom you can where the paint is even peeling. $4800 for a new paint job

ptper - That sounds really high for a 2012, honestly.

Why not wait until there's a 0% financing offer from a dealer and get a new one that will be under warranty and probably some kind of free oil changes/tire rotation.

After looking into pricing base model ones with same mileage are 25,000 but no way would I pay over 25,000 for this truck. They also pay all sales tax

Keep driving the Titan until repairs are no longer reasonable.

best route would be to type chevy or gmc dealership into the google maps app on your phone and take follow their directions on how to get there

Aaron Becker - 

best route would be to type chevy or gmc dealership into the google maps app on your phone and take follow their directions on how to get there

yep

Silverado

Aaron Becker - 

There’s around 10k in incentives on crew cab LT Silverados right now.

2016 F150 4x4 on ebay buy it now $28K:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/F-150-SuperCrew-XLT-4X4/282897885435?hash=item41de0728fb:g:s-gAAOSwIWxatbpU&vxp=mtr

I’m not positive, isn’t that Titan the truck of the year for ‘05?  Sounds like a great automobile. Do you enjoy your great turning radius? The comfort and ride you’ve been enjoying for all these years?  Did you get multiple quotes on paintjobs? 

Im just asking because I love the Nissan Titan trucks. Not just because I have one, well, yeah, probably because I have one. 

Aaron Becker -

Op didn't say he enjoys long walks .

Wait the year and keep the titan as a back up is probably what I'd be looking at.

fastnotch331 - 
Aaron Becker -

Also didn't mention that he wants his truck to have rust holes within 5 years.

2014 Silverado frame rust:

White347LX -
fastnotch331 - 
Aaron Becker -

Also didn't mention that he wants his truck to have rust holes within 5 years.

this isn't a 2014

You got the Nissan for the reliability.  Run that bad boy to the ground and enjoy not having a truck payment!  $500+ a month ain’t worth it basically for a newer looking truck

Financially speaking, it is almost always better to sell your current truck yourself.

Personally, (assuming you have good credit) I would find a truck you wanted. Then sell your truck and go buy the new one (putting the money you have as down payment).

ABCTT Dos -
Aaron Becker - 

There’s around 10k in incentives on crew cab LT Silverados right now.

My inner Amiri King would come out way to much and probably get me in trouble. I'm not very brand biased so I'm searching still for a truck that has all the aftermarket stuff properly done for a decent cost. This price range is at the higher end of my current budget. 

All honesty I've considered getting a cheap Macco paint job and fixing the cosmetics and letting the wheels fall off before jumping back into debt.