Best schools in Houston

Hi friends. I have a buddy moving to Houston. I know Draqulino has a GB there any other locations he should check out. He is going to live near where the Dynamo play. Phone Post 3.0

Kings21 -
Spunkchops -

Let's hear what this means....who is Mr. Mcreptile? 

That was who was running the Clinton page from the leak. No joke.

Horus2001 -
PrettyBoy - Hi friends. I have a buddy moving to Houston. I know Draqulino has a GB there any other locations he should check out. He is going to live near where the Dynamo play. Phone Post 3.0
If he is going to live near the stadium then he may want to reconsider drac's. It is down 45 in clear lake. That drive sucks and there is construction that creates jams. He can go to txmma.com and look there... Phone Post 3.0
Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Revolution Dojo if you're near the Katy area. Also Pablo Silva just opened an academy as well.

Josh Mancuso -

Revolution Dojo if you're near the Katy area. Also Pablo Silva just opened an academy as well.

Thank you Phone Post 3.0

PrettyBoy -
Josh Mancuso -

Thank you Phone Post 3.0
There is a Revolution gym at Houston ave and washington, that is muuch closer than Katy. From where he is living, he does not want to make that drive everyday. There is Urban Jungle in the Heights, on Yale (i think) just north of I10, the guy is a bb under Royce. Rilion Gracie is on Westheimer iirc. There is an Elite (Eric Williams) gym in Greenway Plaza. There are some other affiliates inside the loop too. Draculino is probably too far for him, unless he doesnt mind 45 min- 1 hour sitting in traffic every time. There are several large and awesome gyms farther out too if he does not mind a drive. Travis Tooke, Alvis solis, Elite, are just a few. Phone Post 3.0

Ulpiano malachias has a Gracie Barra there as well that is massive and has a ton if students Phone Post 3.0

I can personally vouch for Revolution Dojo and Professor Jeff Messina. Actively competing Blackbelt and amazing instructor. I have at my school all the time for seminars. Phone Post 3.0

Rilion Gracie's closest instructor, Romulo Reis, runs Rilion's academy in Houston. Do yourself a favor and visit the academy once before you decide to join anywhere.

Guys thank you so much for the info, greatly appreciated! Phone Post 3.0

If you're thinking about Gracie Barra Westchase you should really try rolling on their mats first. The mats in the kickboxing room are good (normal). But the mats in their main jits room are unlike anything I've ever rolled on. The amount of friction is insane. And there's a lot of lineage drama in the area as well.

Must - If you're thinking about Gracie Barra Westchase you should really try rolling on their mats first. The mats in the kickboxing room are good (normal). But the mats in their main jits room are unlike anything I've ever rolled on. The amount of friction is insane. And there's a lot of lineage drama in the area as well.
Please don't say "Jitz". Please? Phone Post 3.0

http://www.jiujitsuhouston.com/

Any other good schools or clubs inside the loop that i left out? WhT about Brazil 121 or something like that? just cheching all options. Phone Post 3.0

billydeewilliams - Any other good schools or clubs inside the loop that i left out? WhT about Brazil 121 or something like that? just cheching all options. Phone Post 3.0
Marcos is a good guy. Has two locations: the heights and meyerland. I know he has has the premier female bjj black belt, Hannette Staack, in for a few seminars. Phone Post 3.0

billydeewilliams - Any other good schools or clubs inside the loop that i left out? WhT about Brazil 121 or something like that? just cheching all options. Phone Post 3.0

it's called Brazil-021 :)

Marcos Cerquiera runs two locations out of Houston as said. He is one of Andre Terencio's black belts, and they both came out of Carlos Henrique's academy (francisco mansur black belt). Extremely old school in mentality, and an excellent instructor. We've had him out to chicago for a knee on belly seminar. It was an absolute clinic of details down to angles of the knee in relation to parts of the torso and how the opponent is reacting. I'm a geek for details so I did enjoy the level of detail he dove into.

brazil-021 houston has a very family friendly environment. they even have a family class where parents and their kids can train and learn together, which is a class I don't think I've seen at many other places. Marcos' strength is in his ability to connect with students of all ages and walks of life, and it's reflected in the diversity of his student body. The training has been intense, challenging, respectful and all around positive every time I've visited.

andre and hannette staack go down to houston I think once or twice a year for seminars

I moved to Houston about 6 months ago and I go to Revolution mainly at the Houston ave downtown location. I really like it. Their 0530 AM classes are a hidden gem. Houston traffic makes location a HUGE deciding factor. Phone Post 3.0

What about Paradigm?

JuDoK@ - What about Paradigm?
Paradigm is good too. Igor santos is a GFT coach and a good guy. They have a strong wrestling program for kids and teens. I don't know how much the wrestling intersects with the bjj but for kids the wrestling is top notch. Most of the guys that teach wrestling at paradigm are coaches at the private schools in the houston area. Phone Post 3.0

Wow a lot more options now than when i lived there in 2007. Glad the scene is blowing up. I trained at elite on westheimer with hai nguyen and eric williams. Great environment. Phone Post 3.0