Best Shinguard Brand?

What really matters is the instep. Do you know the type you like Jhay? For most people. No matter the brand, if you buy the wrong type for your feet you will hate it.

Top King without question everyone at my gym will never change back.

BruteDion -

What really matters is the instep. Do you know the type you like Jhay? For most people. No matter the brand, if you buy the wrong type for your feet you will hate it.

what do you mean?

these are what I've been leaning towards

http://www.muaythaistuff.com/top-king-shin-guards-pro-genuine-leather-white-trim-by-black.html

Jhay -
BruteDion -

what do you mean?

some shinguards have insteps on them. Its the little flap that covers your foot. There are different types. Google: instep on a foot. It will show you the area of the foot im talking about.

Some are long and some are short. Some also connect to the shin area of the guard differently.

I have big legs from my football and powerlifting days. So i require a larger made shinguard. The issue with that is that these are also normally ment for taller people. Im not a tall person as you know. So my shinguards size normally comes with a large instep because taller people also have longer feet most times.

If i buy a certain shinguard sometimes the instep will be so long that i cant even see my feet when I have them on. It almost looks like a boot.

So I only buy certain styles of Shinguards. Some some shinguards dont even have insteps.

Find out which do you prefer. No instep or instep. You can buy the best Shinguard on the market, but if your instep does not feel right with it then you will have trouble throwing kicks or using footwork.

Jhay -

http://www.muaythaistuff.com/top-king-shin-guards-pro-genuine-leather-white-trim-by-black.html

Thats not bad at all. See the flap that goes over the foot? That is a long instep. Since your tall and skinny this may work for you. For me, these are a no go.

I would not be able to bounce on my toes with good fluidity because the flap would keep getting in my way.

These are not the ones I have. But these show what I'm talking about how different in steps can be found on different guards

https://www.titleboxing.com/fairtex-neoprene-shin-instep-guards?gclid=CJLWgpyC-tECFYiNswodJooF9Q

This is the type I require. Having more of your foot exposed will let you move better around the mat. But your sacrificing protection of your foot.

I have Hayabusa and like them

BruteDion -
Jhay -
BruteDion -

what do you mean?

some shinguards have insteps on them. Its the little flap that covers your foot. There are different types. Google: instep on a foot. It will show you the area of the foot im talking about.

Some are long and some are short. Some also connect to the shin area of the guard differently.

I have big legs from my football and powerlifting days. So i require a larger made shinguard. The issue with that is that these are also normally ment for taller people. Im not a tall person as you know. So my shinguards size normally comes with a large instep because taller people also have longer feet most times.

If i buy a certain shinguard sometimes the instep will be so long that i cant even see my feet when I have them on. It almost looks like a boot.

So I only buy certain styles of Shinguards. Some some shinguards dont even have insteps.

Find out which do you prefer. No instep or instep. You can buy the best Shinguard on the market, but if your instep does not feel right with it then you will have trouble throwing kicks or using footwork.

Shit I didn't even know people used the kind with the foot flap. I have no problem with that, mine have that now.

BruteDion -
Jhay -

Thats not bad at all. See the flap that goes over the foot? That is a long instep. Since your tall and skinny this may work for you. For me, these are a no go.

I would not be able to bounce on my toes with good fluidity because the flap would keep getting in my way.

I think I'm gonna go with those, assuming shipping isn't too much since it's not local.

I think medium will be the right size too based on what I've read

Jhay -
BruteDion -
Jhay -

I think I'm gonna go with those, assuming shipping isn't too much since it's not local.

worse comes to worse im sure your gym would buy the pair off of you if you dont like em. Or some body will want a new pair.

First pair I ever bought had a huge flap and I could not do any thing nearly as good as I could have because I had zero bounce in my feet.

See how it works for you. Same priciple applys to boxing shoes. Depending on your style you need a different sole on the shoe.

BruteDion -
Jhay -
BruteDion -
Jhay -

worse comes to worse im sure your gym would buy the pair off of you if you dont like em. Or some body will want a new pair.

First pair I ever bought had a huge flap and I could not do any thing nearly as good as I could have because I had zero bounce in my feet.

See how it works for you. Same priciple applys to boxing shoes. Depending on your style you need a different sole on the shoe.

the shinguards i've been using for years have the flap so it's nothing new for me. Damn things are just starting to fall apart lol

What sort of sparring are you doing where you don't need foot protection?

OUTCOLD - What sort of sparring are you doing where you don't need foot protection?

ask brutedion

I like having foot protection lol, otherwise my feet would be smashed to pieces lol

I like my Twins just because they were the longest I could find and I'm 6'4 so appreciate the length (beep).  They've also got the strap that goes under your foot that some don't seem to have. 

Jhay -
OUTCOLD - What sort of sparring are you doing where you don't need foot protection?

ask brutedion

I like having foot protection lol, otherwise my feet would be smashed to pieces lol

Yeah not having instep protection kind of defeats the purpose.

OUTCOLD -
Jhay -

ask brutedion

Guys used Guards with no instep all the time. Most are ment for MMA sparring (or that they are sold as such). Why would they sell them if people didnt use them?

I never said I use them. Read my posts, I said I prefer a small instep because of my leg build. I would rather have more mobility even if it gives way to protection. Im nothing special. you can find video after video of using using the same kind.

BruteDion -
OUTCOLD -
Jhay -

ask brutedion

Guys used Guards with no instep all the time. Most are ment for MMA sparring (or that they are sold as such). Why would they sell them if people didnt use them?

I never said I use them. Read my posts, I said I prefer a small instep because of my leg build. I would rather have more mobility even if it gives way to protection. Im nothing special. you can find video after video of using using the same kind.

fight me bitch

BruteDion -
OUTCOLD -
Jhay -

ask brutedion

Saw a guy in thailand wearing instepless shins but that was because they had rotted off. Never seen anyone wear out side of that or in an mma gym, used to see a few TMA guys back in the day with them.