Best spider guard players?

Who are the best present day BJJ competitors that use spider guard? Where can I find tapes of their matches?

Pe De Pano

"Megaton Diaz" has the meanest spider-guard ive ever seen or felt.

Good question! I haven't seen any of the current top black-belts playing much spider guard. At least in the matches I've seen.

Pe de Pano does not really play spider. He sits-up, hugs the leg and plays from there. At the 2003 Pan-Ams he used the same sweep from this position against everybody.

Is the spider guard the same as the DelaRiva guard? Just curious.

No, De La Riva is hooking the leg from outside. Spider guard consists of sleeve control with feet in their biceps.

Tinguinha is a superb spider player.

Who is selling the Tinguinha spider guard dvds? Any new info on the release date?

Ryan Thatcher posted:
"Pe de Pano does not really play spider. He sits-up, hugs the leg and plays from there. At the 2003 Pan-Ams he used the same sweep from this position against everybody"

Is the sweeps he uses from this position similiar to the ones Sperry showed in Master Series 2??

Sush as standing up in base and taking locked knee with you, or diving head through legs while holding pants bringing opponent to face, or driving forward pressure on knee with shoulder etc...

I'm really looking foward to Tinguinhas spider guard dvd's. I've heard a lot about him and his spider guard.

tinguinha and roberto traven are both well known for their spider guards. renato barreto used a spider guard game combined with an upside down guard game that was unbelievable at times. gazzy parman also used the spider guard very well.

TTT

These tinguinha dvds sound interesting.

Also Dave Camarillo has a good spiderguard.

Almost every fight I have seen with Rodrijo Feijao
(Nova Uniao) he starts off with a spider guard sweep! Did it to Feitosa in Brasillero 2001! This guy does it everytime than runs away and claps his hands really hard and scary like! Holds foot in the bicep with one hand than the knee on the other side with other hand!L

I e-mailed Tinguinha about his upcoming DVD series. He said they were being edited and will e-mail me when they are ready. I'm not sure how long it will be, but I will post it on this forum.

Megaton has a good spider guard? First, I've hear of it. I think of him as a gread stand up player with a good judo background. He's got some awesome sweeps. I never thought of him as a spider guard guy.

I thought Pe de Pano was a good clsed guard player. I would say Margarida has a good open guard, Bj Penn has a good open guard and someone else does too but I can't think of him.

"Megaton has a good spider guard? First, I've hear of it. I think of him as a gread stand up player with a good judo background. He's got some awesome sweeps. I never thought of him as a spider guard guy. "

ask anyone who ever seen megaton compete. he is known to pull guard and use the spider guard exclusively. his throws are also very dangerous.

Tinguinha

NINO.