best takedown artist in MMA?

I have seen Wanderlei take people down---its a little unconventional, but he goes for the head and then they fall

Liddell is pretty good at it too!

Fedor is good, he has taken down everyone he as tried to, even a guy like Crocop, who stuffed Randleman and Coleman.

Coleman of course, only Crocop could stop his takedowns.

Filho is remarkable as well, strangely enough. He doesn't have a super deep bag of tricks, nor is he that explsoive, but the techniques he uses he performs well, and he is terribley strong and tenacious.

He took Ninja down easily, many times in their fight.

Hughes and Couture are probably on top

"Filho is remarkable as well, strangely enough."

What is so strange about it? Filho has been training judo since the age of 5 and took 3rd place in the Judo Junior World Championships.

He has the best takedowns of anyone at BTT.

What about Dan Severn? Frank Shamrock? Koschek and Stevenson are going to be up there soon too.

1 Fedor

2 Randy

3 TITO

Forgot about Koscheck although after that knee to the noggin who knows how his psyche would be.
You bread and butter is taking guys down but after that you know people are going to be looking to put there knees through your skull. Interested to see how he has advanced since then but his takedowns were almost perfect everytime

Coleman

"Judo stylists i would say

Yoshida

Nakamura

Karo"

Don't forget to put Fedor on that list.

Fedor

Randy

Matt

Arona

Hendo

"Judo stylists i would say

Yoshida

Nakamura

Karo"

Don't forget to put Fedor on that list.

molsonman

Agreed or should it be a separate Sambo stylist section. ;)

Georges St. Pierre should actually be on the list at 170.

GSP took down Matt Hughes easily early on in their fight.

GSP took down Karo repeatedly

GSP took down Frank Trigg easily on a counter to Trigg's takedown attempt.

GSP took down Sherk 3x, with his double leg being the most impressive shot seen in the UFC in a long time. Picture perfect.

GSP took down BJ Penn multiple times (not an easy feat) and slammed Penn on one occasion.

Very impressive wrestling from a guy who wasn't a wrestler.

Fedor and GSP in my book...Karo is great too, but I would put him 3rd behind these two

BM21

Karo lost the takedown battle to GSP.

155 is who? Sherk now that he is there? Wait and see I guess...Penn when he was there as well...Gomi for regularity?

170 is GSP or Hughes. We'll have to see who wins the takedown battle in the rematch.

185 is Filho or Lindland I suppose.

205 is Arona or Tito (Couture has retired).

205 plus is Fedor.

I forgot about Randleman...he's great at takedowns, but can't seem to stay out of subs

BM21

although the above are just arbitrary guesses...Henderson could probably stuff some of the people who took him down, but Hendo won the fight, right?

my vote goes to GSP

mva too

HeavyWeights...Coleman..Monson
LightHeavyweights...Rampage..Randleman..Tito..Couture
MiddleWeights...Lindland..Tanner
WelterWeights..Hughes..Gsp..Karo..All i can think of