Best way to get into shape?

I've always been slim so never had to worry about getting out of shapeuntil recently as I've been a lzy fucker.

I'm, about 6' and 150lbs (76kg) and I have developed a bit of a beergut.

I really want to get rid of the gut and develop my shoulders, chest and arms.

What's the best way for me to do this? Treadmill and benchpress? I have no idea about this at all.

Cheers,

Shotgun Mick

How can you have a beergut if you're 6' 150 lbs? Well, since you asked:Do you have $100? Get SCRAPPER'S MOD 1Have access to weights (or sandbags)? Get Wiggy's Singles and DoublesThat will get you started improving your general fitness level. Besides that, become more active and start improving what you eat.

If you've never work out just start and you'll see improvement within a month or two.

But once your body gets used to the work out then the real work begins.

I also recommend Scrappers Mod 1, and Wiggy's Singles and Doubles.

Check out:
www.trainforstrength.com
www.t-mag.com
and
www.workingclassfitness.com

Mod 1 @ www.trainforstrength.com

wrestling

Go lift weights down the gym,

Don't drink beer,

Do some sprints and cardio,

12months and you will be a new person.

150lbs (76kg)

150lbs ~ 68kg

76kg ~ 167.2lbs

Koing

"Don't drink beer,"

that's painful...

I'd agree with Adonis.  But I you got to be committed to gain weight and not be so bothereda bout being kind of 'fat' for a while until you cut.  Then you can be as lean as you want.

"Don't drink beer,"

that's painful...

lol that is alright.  I have managed for about 12months now or a bit shorter.

Koing

Thanks for the advice, I don't really care about fitness or strength, I just don't wanna look like a flabby bastard on the beach!

Cheers,

Shotgun Mick

mick,

try jogging around the town moor or something.

or you could get a book from here www.warriorforce.com

The town moor? I wanna get in shape not mugged!

Run faster, you should be fine then. Or just don't run near the Cowgate end.

I AM the town Moor.

"Don't drink beer"

That's just wrong.

You better be careful about giving that mean ass advice like that HK.

hehe

What about these protein drinks? Are these worth getting?

Real food is good for you. I'd only touch protein shakes if your pressed for time. I know that's a good part of the reason I use them.

You can get cheap protein powder that costs the same/less as canned tuna.

Don't drink beer

How do you guys drink that stuff? IMO it tastes like crap but I guess thats just me.

"Don't drink beer
How do you guys drink that stuff? IMO it tastes like crap but I guess thats just me "

Easy just ask about Beer over on the Judo Forum, those guys know a lot about it.

"Real food is good for you. I'd only touch protein shakes if your pressed for time. I know that's a good part of the reason I use them. "

Yeah I am pushed for time. I don't get a chance to eat after the gym due to work commitments. Think I should get some protein shake? Which would you recommend?

ShiroRyu - your tastes will change.