Best way to get rid of methyl mercury

My friend has mercury poisoning from eating too much tuna fish.  I was telling her to take NAC.  She is worried about mercury freeing up and redistributing to another place.  My friend is tired all the time and is becoming forgetful,  she also has heart problems now.  

I've heard of natural remedies like fiber,  garlic,  cilantro.  I mention colloidal silver because it binds to mercury but I don't know if that will actually help

I'm surprised I don't have this problem.  I ate tuna like it was going out of  I stopped eating tuna since I heard the news of my friend.

I know I will get a lot of rude comments but I'm hoping for one useful comment.

If shes eating enough fish to have excess mercury to the point of poisoning, she probably needs to slow down on how much fish shes eating.

Funny that, really.

She doesnt have mercury poisoning. If she did she wouldnt be around for you to come ask questions like that. She would be dead. Tell your dumbass friend to stop eating junk tuna fish from the dollar store. She would have to eat on average 4-6 cans a day for about 5-6 months straight. 

She is more likely to have an actual case if say she is eating nothing but fish and rice, weighs 100 lbs and literally does nothing but sits on her ass all day. If this is your friend then my suggestion is find a new friend. 

If it was a documented case of actual mercury poisoning and not some hypochondriac. Do you really think a doctor isnt going to have her hospitalized until she is in the clear? Your friend is more likely to have an allergy to something or be a complete lazy pos then a case of mercury poisoning.

1 Like

Beets?

I have done zero research on it, but from what I know Beets are a miracle food

I eat them almost daily

Beets and Garlic make me feel very healthy

baj54 -

She doesnt have mercury poisoning. If she did she wouldnt be around for you to come ask questions like that. She would be dead. Tell your dumbass friend to stop eating junk tuna fish from the dollar store. She would have to eat on average 4-6 cans a day for about 5-6 months straight. 

She is more likely to have an actual case if say she is eating nothing but fish and rice, weighs 100 lbs and literally does nothing but sits on her ass all day. If this is your friend then my suggestion is find a new friend. 

If it was a documented case of actual mercury poisoning and not some hypochondriac. Do you really think a doctor isnt going to have her hospitalized until she is in the clear? Your friend is more likely to have an allergy to something or be a complete lazy pos then a case of mercury poisoning.

Mic drop

Mad hatter disease bang 

Bucket list goals

1 Like

Yes, all foods now contain heavy metals-from pollution-lead, arsenic and mercury. There is a law in California called Prop 65 which acknowledges this and limits the “acceptable amount” per serving in dietary supplements and food.  Mercury is also in vaccines, ask your Dr for the “full excipient ingredient list” in vaccines and see for yourself. 

I doubt she has mercury poisoning. I was feeling like absolute shit for a period in my life too and went through the same thing even convinced my self it might be some heavy metal poisoning as well. 

She probably feels that way because she lives a typical american (or western) life and eats a standard american diet completely devoid of any nutrients. 

I bet if she just started eating healthy nutrient rich foods, cut out all the processed foods and started exercising daily, Maybe also having to eliminate any environmental stresses if there are any, she would feel normal again anywhere from a couple weeks to a year later depending how bad of shape her body is in.

She doesn't need to detox.

MrHallorannWhatsinRoom237 -

Yes, all foods now contain heavy metals-from pollution-lead, arsenic and mercury. There is a law in California called Prop 65 which acknowledges this and limits the “acceptable amount” per serving in dietary supplements and food.  Mercury is also in vaccines, ask your Dr for the “full excipient ingredient list” in vaccines and see for yourself. 

I hate you 

1 Like

Jayn200 -

I doubt she has mercury poisoning. I was feeling like absolute shit for a period in my life too and went through the same thing even convinced my self it might be some heavy metal poisoning as well. 

She probably feels that way because she lives a typical american (or western) life and eats a standard american diet completely devoid of any nutrients. 

I bet if she just started eating healthy nutrient rich foods, cut out all the processed foods and started exercising daily, Maybe also having to eliminate any environmental stresses if there are any, she would feel normal again anywhere from a couple weeks to a year later depending how bad of shape her body is in.

Almost every phantom illness in otherwise healthy people is some manifestation of depression. Cough fibromyalgia cough 

HillboFrateTrane -
Jayn200 -

Almost every phantom illness in otherwise healthy people is some manifestation of depression. Cough fibromyalgia cough 

It's not depression, it's modern western life. Completely devoid of any nutrients, completing lack in any exercise. Depression can be a symptom but not in everybody. Lots of people's bodies quit on them without any depression.

Maybe you're just healthy so you don't know.

HillboFrateTrane -
Jayn200 -

Almost every phantom illness in otherwise healthy people is some manifestation of depression. *Cough* fibromyalgia *cough* 

This is a massive problem in USA and Canada actually is this belief that if a doctor can't find a diagnosable illness then it must be a mental health issue. Which leads to doctors prescribing SSRIs and Benzos on mass. I don't know if the same thing happens in europe or not, i remember reading research that they dont prescribe those meds at anywhere near the same levels but that could be different now. 

But yeah that's the real problem with your statement. That whole attitude that if you can't find the problem it must be mental. A healthier approach to society would say if you can't find the issue then look to the diet and life and fix that first before prescribing drugs but hey that's not very american is it? 

Jayn200 -
HillboFrateTrane -
Jayn200 -

Almost every phantom illness in otherwise healthy people is some manifestation of depression. *Cough* fibromyalgia *cough* 

This is a massive problem in USA and Canada actually is this belief that if a doctor can't find a diagnosable illness then it must be a mental health issue. Which leads to doctors prescribing SSRIs and Benzos on mass. I don't know if the same thing happens in europe or not, i remember reading research that they dont prescribe those meds at anywhere near the same levels but that could be different now. 

But yeah that's the real problem with your statement. That whole attitude that if you can't find the problem it must be mental. A healthier approach to society would say if you can't find the issue then look to the diet and life and fix that first before prescribing drugs but hey that's not very american is it? 

What group of people in the past had this magical mythical diet you speak of? A vast majority of the foods we eat have been bred and developed in the last few hundred years and are far more nutritious than anything existing previously. People of the past were constantly malnourished and full of parasites. 

Take your hippy naturopathic bullshit elsewhere. You’re speaking in ideals that have never existed. 

2 Likes
HillboFrateTrane -
Jayn200 -
HillboFrateTrane -
Jayn200 -

What group of people in the past had this magical mythical diet you speak of? A vast majority of the foods we eat have been bred and developed in the last few hundred years and are far more nutritious than anything existing previously. People of the past were constantly malnourished and full of parasites. 

Take your hippy naturopathic bullshit elsewhere. You’re speaking in ideals that have never existed. 

Lol you're projecting. I didn't speak anything of the sort.

Are you really telling me a diet full of processed foods is compatible with a disease free healthy life?

Overwhelming amount of evidence to show that those who eat 1-2 lbs of veggies (5-10 servings as this gets translated to general public) a day live longer and have much less disease then those who eat standard american diet. Those are diagnosable diseases of course that have been identified. 

Is it really a stretch to believe that if someone is feeling unwell and not able to find the cause then following the same advice (scientifically valid) might help alleviate whatever it is they are suffering from? And to try this first before giving them a bunch of psychiatric drugs that are highly addictive. 

But hey whatever, go ahead and keep justifying to yourself that you're not leading yourself to an early grave by eating your shitty processed food alll day long and weighing 300+ lbs. I'm sure you're fine and all the data and statistics are just prejudice against fatasses like you. You're just depressed and that's why you feel like shit and that's why you need to take your cocktail of drugs while continuing to eat the same crap that got you into your current state to begin with.

Calling me a hippy is especially crazy considering what this thread is about and the fact I am telling OP that the answer isn't some naturopathic treatment and to try eating healthy and exercising. Yes eating healthy and exercising.... that's some fucking hippie shit right there... 

Jayn200 -
HillboFrateTrane -
Jayn200 -

It's not depression, it's modern western life. Completely devoid of any nutrients, completing lack in any exercise. Depression can be a symptom but not in everybody. Lots of people's bodies quit on them without any depression.

Maybe you're just healthy so you don't know.

Maybe he is healthy and hasnt decided to ingest 8 cans of tuna fish everyday for the last year. Who knows? I absolutely agree with you that most people eat like shit and then wonder why they feel like shit. There is no more of an appropriate saying then; "You are, what you eat". You are however only making assumptions as to why some doctors prescribe meds while not doing anything else. Its usually because most of those people generally need them. No amount of stress free, healthy eating, happy living will ever fix crazy. You can subdue it but crazy is as crazy does. There is no solution for it. Now take your hippie bullshit someplace else.

Tim Duncan - 

My friend has mercury poisoning from eating too much tuna fish.  I was telling her to take NAC.  She is worried about mercury freeing up and redistributing to another place.  My friend is tired all the time and is becoming forgetful,  she also has heart problems now.  

I've heard of natural remedies like fiber,  garlic,  cilantro.  I mention colloidal silver because it binds to mercury but I don't know if that will actually help

I'm surprised I don't have this problem.  I ate tuna like it was going out of  I stopped eating tuna since I heard the news of my friend.

Did she actually measure her mercury level or is that a presumptive diagnosis?

If so, what was her level?
If she didn't, this thread is pointless.

The Pendulum -

If shes eating enough fish to have excess mercury to the point of poisoning, she probably needs to slow down on how much fish shes eating.

Funny that, really.

She Stopped cold turkey,  why is this funny?

She Had a test and it came back elevated.  She was eating fresh tuna and big fish.  A lot of sushi.

Anyway I was hoping for a few good bits 9f advice and I got a few.

mataleo1 -
Tim Duncan - 

Did she actually measure her mercury level or is that a presumptive diagnosis?

If so, what was her level?
If she didn't, this thread is pointless.

This is the key point.

Was there ever a measure of mercury levels, or was the diagnosis based on reported symptoms?

Also, was the diagnosis done my an MD or some kind of naturopathic doctor?