Best website for a good deal on knife

Want to get a new folding knife for work. Anybody know any good websites to get a deal on a decent knife? 

https://www.bushkillblades.com/

1 Like

Bladehq has some very nice folders. I can't recommend one specifically as I do not use folding knives myself.

But if you see some stuff you like and have any questions about the various steel types and their applications, ask away.

Besides my hairy ass, we've got a number of people on here with solid knowledge of steels. And we've also got a ton of people knowledgeable on folders in general. 

1 Like

P749 - 

:)

1 Like

P749 -

This. 

What do you think of the knives from touch of modern.

Altofsky -

Bladehq has some very nice folders. I can't recommend one specifically as I do not use folding knives myself.

But if you see some stuff you like and have any questions about the various steel types and their applications, ask away.

Besides my hairy ass, we've got a number of people on here with solid knowledge of steels. And we've also got a ton of people knowledgeable on folders in general. 

I checked them out and they have some nice stuff. I'm looking for a harder steel. One of them I'm looking at says it has aus-8 steel but I have no idea if that's any good or not. 

TheHerps - 

What do you think of the knives from touch of modern.

I can't speak for their folders, but their fixed blades are no good. Pakistani made mislabeled crap. 

They wanted to list my stuff a couple of years ago. Very nice people, but they don't know much about knives specifically due to their offering such a wide range of products.

For example, they list a 'Damascus' knife as O2 tool steel... which is clearly isn't.

I'd definitely steer someone away from them and to a reputable knife-focused place like Bladehq.

I don't get any kickbacks for saying that either, just my personal opinion.

1 Like

MojoSoDope - 
Altofsky -

I checked them out and they have some nice stuff. I'm looking for a harder steel. One of them I'm looking at says it has aus-8 steel but I have no idea if that's any good or not. 

Aus 8 has high hardness, is very easy to sharpen, but does sometimes chip a little too easily.

It's not a crap Chinese steel or anything, but not high end either as far as golfers go. If you'll not be abusing the hell out of the edge, it's a practical choice.

Something like S30V is gonna be a lot harder and more durable. The drawback of steel like this though, is that it's not very easy to sharpen.

D2 has had a good run in recent years folder-wise. It's also reaches a high hardness, is tougher to sharpen than aus8, but carries a much 'toothier' edge which some people like.

Nitecrawler - 
P749 -

This. 

That^

Golfers?? Wtf. I meant to type folders lol. 

Altofsky -
MojoSoDope - 
Altofsky -

Aus 8 has high hardness, is very easy to sharpen, but does sometimes chip a little too easily.

It's not a crap Chinese steel or anything, but not high end either as far as golfers go. If you'll not be abusing the hell out of the edge, it's a practical choice.

Something like S30V is gonna be a lot harder and more durable. The drawback of steel like this though, is that it's not very easy to sharpen.

D2 has had a good run in recent years folder-wise. It's also reaches a high hardness, is tougher to sharpen than aus8, but carries a much 'toothier' edge which some people like.

Cru Wear is my favorite steel in a folder I've owned. K390 is close but less stain resistant.

If you Google the model of knife you like plus 'sprint run' you can find different combos of steel and handle materials to choose from sometimes. 

Altofsky -
MojoSoDope - 
Altofsky -

Some of them have numbers and letters as the blade material type. Does 14C28N mean anything to you?

Altofsky - 
MojoSoDope - 
Altofsky -

Do you have a Youtube page (if that's the right terminology)?

If so, you should do a video on proper knife sharpening techniques

Hell, do a video discussing the various types of metal - their pros & cons

You know...some edgeamecational stuff (see what I did there?)

I'm just riffing now but do a series of videos called "EdgeAmacation"

I normally carry a Kershaw leek but I need something a little more sturdy for some stuff. 

MojoSoDope -
Altofsky -
MojoSoDope - 
Altofsky -

Some of them have numbers and letters as the blade material type. Does 14C28N mean anything to you?

Sandvik 14C28N® is a martensitic stainless chromium steel with a chemistry optimized for high quality professional knife applications. The chemical composition provides a unique combination of properties including: Excellent edge performance. Very high hardness. Good corrosion resistance.

Alto, how much for a shiny bladed super thin edge fillet knife.  Faux Abilone or mother of pearl handle.

Blade Forums for secondary market

ebay