Better artist currently than Dave Grohl?

Is he an under appreciated rock god? Dude has put out some AMAZING work in his time and I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. Check out this live acoustic rendition of my hero

2 Likes

Devin Townsend is a under rated imo as well. Dudes a genius. VU for everlong. 

3 Likes

Dude seems to be an Einstein with music.

tonyromosbackspasm -

Is he an under appreciated rock god? Dude has put out some AMAZING work in his time and I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves. Check out this live acoustic rendition of my hero

Yes

1 Like

Trent Reznor > all. 

2 Likes

Always came off like a really humble and decent person, even when he was in Nirvana.

Incredible drummer but just pretty good at everything else. Not knocking the dude. He fully admits he's a mediocre singer and guitarist. He makes radio friendly pop-rock songs but he's been kicking ass at it for twenty something years. Can't argue with sucesss. 

I love Dave... but the last 5 FF albums have kinda just blended together. But he is awesome at everything adn seems like a great human being. Also EVERLONG is one of the greatest songs ever written.

1 Like

SpunQ -

That was easy

Nailed it.

Vrill -

Always came off like a really humble and decent person, even when he was in Nirvana.

Incredible drummer but just pretty good at everything else. Not knocking the dude. He fully admits he's a mediocre singer and guitarist. He makes radio friendly pop-rock songs but he's been kicking ass at it for twenty something years. Can't argue with sucesss. 

I disagree with “pop rock” but the radio friendly thing I hear people say as a dis I don’t get lol just appeals to a large audience which is ideal right?

if you take the greatest drummer of a generation and he happens to be a damn good front man and guitarist how can you knock the guy?

also foo fighters > nirvana

tonyromosbackspasm -
Vrill -

I disagree with “pop rock” but the radio friendly thing I hear people say as a dis I don’t get lol just appeals to a large audience which is ideal right?

if you take the greatest drummer of a generation and he happens to be a damn good front man and guitarist how can you knock the guy?

I didn't really mean pop rock as a dis. Most of their songs aren't really my cup of tea but everything has its place right. 

tonyromosbackspasm -
Vrill -

Nirvana > foo fighters, but that's a personal taste.

FF offers nothing special, but I like Dave G. 

Amazing to me he still has the passion and it's making good music this at his age and this far into his career. You rarely see that. Most bands burn out after about album #3. 

Say what you want about their type of music, they continue to produce hits.

I am not a Foo Fighters fan, but I do like some of their songs.

I think the thing with Dave is he is consistent. He seems like a guy that COULD have had totally fucked his life up and had every reason and chance to do so, but he maintain a steady output of work and still seems to be having fun with it.

He is what many rockstars would have been had they not gone of the rails with distractions, poor life and career choices and just continued to have fun and pump out music.

What separates him is as already stated, a lot of his music is radio friendly, which keeps him current and connected to the ever revolving door of young people. He hits that mark between the music that angry teens listen to when they age and transition from metal to classic rock. It's the same music that people listen to when they want to connect to the metal scene but don't want to dive into the deep end.

It is almost a genre in between genre's that catches a fuck ton of casual fans that like something else, but ALSO listen to this. Of course he still has die hard fans, but there are fans of a huge variety of music that will also somewhat like his stuff. That allows him to tour with almost anyone and can have songs in everybody's playlist.

Whether by intention or not, he got the "Advance to Go and Collect $200" and the system broke and he got stuck. He keeps collecting while everyone else keeps struggling to survive the game.

1 Like

Meh, Foo Fighters are very generic Dave Grohl is nothing special IMO. Brian Fallon, Chuck Ragan and Dustin Kensrue are all gods compared to Dave Grohl, but that's just my opinion

1 Like

I love the FooFighters and hunk Dave Grohl is incredible. Plus, Pat fuckin Smear is in the band!

I loved Nirvana but hated the foo fighters.

Just felt like a homo version with less interesting vocals to me

1 Like

hes a radio rocker and i have no songs of his on my phone or computer but he seems nice and i like the coffee video on YT. I think a lot of people like him cause his songs are easy to play if you play an instrument

By all accounts he is legit one of the nicest dudes ever. I'm sure he gets hounded every time he's in public, but i've yet to hear of a story where somebody had a bad encounter with him, which is pretty crazy for the 2nd richest drummer of all time. 

Foo Fighters are far superior to Nirvana.