Better athletes: Rugby Vs NFL

Watch both sports. This isn’t really a thread about which sport has the better athletes.

I just want to learn more about the NFL and maybe I can share some knowledge about rugby?

I wonder how many of those with Samoan heritage get posted from both sports?

1 Like

1 Like

Henry Tuilagi - 6'1 & 300lbs

1 Like

Attn MODS: Can you edit the title to say Rugby Vs NFL 

Thank you

Eben Etzebeth 6'8

Opeti Fonua - 6'6

1 Like

1 Like

Aaron Donald - 6'1 & 280lbs - USA

Depends how you define athlete.  Speed and power nfl wins hands down.  Endurance at least on the larger guys rugby gets the nod.  

BailmeOut -

Depends how you define athlete.  Speed and power nfl wins hands down.  Endurance at least on the larger guys rugby gets the nod.  

How did you come to that conclusion?

Rugby vs. N?

Netball?

George North - 6'4 & 250lbs - Wales/Cyrmu 

Squatdog -

Rugby vs. N?

Netball?

Meant to be NFL - it did say NFL, but this bloody app chopped some off.

Waiting on the Mods to do their job.

WALES -
BailmeOut -

Which part are you questioning?  Nfl has some Olympic level sprinters.  

The amount of stoppage and substitutes in Nfl lead me to believe worse endurance.  

BailmeOut -
WALES -
BailmeOut -

Which part are you questioning?  Nfl has some Olympic level sprinters.  

The amount of stoppage and substitutes in Nfl lead me to believe worse endurance.  

So does rugby.

Bryan Habana - 100m in 10.4s

Name one that is not american.  Not an nfl reject.

Bob hayes 64 olumpics.  10.06 100m. Nfl hall of fame.

Rugby demands more skills from each individual then the NFL, which is highly specialized. Both sports have freak athletes, rugby players having a higher level of fitness. Physically I wouldn’t say one is better then the other, pretty much mirror images. Football is more complicated and you need to remember more plays, formations, schemes, etc.

I played football for ten years and over 100 Rugby matches. 

1 Like

11. Lwazi Mvovo (RSA) - Personal best is 10.6 during his youth, although unknown how much he would run to this day.
10. Simon Zebo (IRE) - Personal best 32.43 km/h . Represents Ireland.
9. Jonah Lomu (NZL) - Personal best 33.33 km/h . Represented New Zealand until until 2001. RIP legend.
8. Taku Ngwenya (USA/ZIM) - Personal best 33.64 km/h. Represents USA.
7. Doug Howlett (NZL) - Personal best 33.71 km/h . Represented New Zealand until 2007.
6. Joe Rokocoko (NZL/FIJ) - Personal best 33.77 km/h . Represented New Zealand until 2010.
5. Seabelo Senatla (RSA) - Personal best 33.96 km/h . Represents South Africa in Rugby sevens.
4. Ugo Monye (ENG) - Personal best 34.32 km/h . Represented England until 2012.
3. Bryan Habana (RSA) - Being the South African I am, I was pretty surprised seeing that no one mentioned Bryan Habana. Personal best 34.62 km/h
2. Tonderai Chavhanga (RSA/ZIM) - Also known as the "flying Zimbabwean", Tonderai Chavhanga hands down is the fastest player in rugby union 15. Now, I don't want you guys to think that I am giving away all these spots to South Africans because I am from South Africa, but you couldn't argue with the statistics. Soz ¯_(?)_/¯. Personal best 35.05 km/h
1. Carlin Isles (USA) - With no doubt, Carlin Isles from USA takes the first spot. On his wikipedia page it says that he held the school record for running. He ran 35.54 km/h , which is his personal record.

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/fastest-player-in-the-nfl-tyreek-hill-super-bowl-54/1tcjjyc0e6kem1bhzc3xhoa7ae

Last year not personal best.  22mph is 35.4 kph