Better Chin: Mark Hunt or Tex Cobb

Who's got the better chin, Mark Hunt or Randall "Tex" Cobb?

Lest we forget... "Cobb's brutal, one-sided beating by heavyweight champ Larry Holmes over 15 rounds (Cobb was never off his feet) caused world-famous boxing announcer Howard Cosell to 'swear-off' boxing for the rest of his life."

Sure, Cobb could asborb massive amounts of punishment over long fights... but could he shake off a dead flush head kick with all the mustard on it from a 225lb K-1 level striker?

Cabbage used to be up there with Hunt before he got KOd by Tank.

anyone who can wear multiple crocop kicks and still keep coming has a fucken chin of rock!!!

David Tua or Ray Mercer

When asked about Cosell's quitting boxing commentary:
"Yeah, well I would have gone another 3 rounds if he would have quit Monday Night Football, too"

Tex Cobb

I'll be honest, David Tua and Ray Mercer have great chins, but I don't think anyone they ever were hit by can punch as hard as Crocop can kick.

Homer Simpson

cobb

Mark's brother Mike is said to have an even stronger chin.

lol

Hunt and Cobb both suffer from "The Homer Simpson Syndrome."

"When asked about Cosell's quitting boxing commentary: "Yeah, well I would have gone another 3 rounds if he would have quit Monday Night Football, too"

Yeah, Tex Cobb was hilarious on the Tonight Show talking about Cosell and his fight with Holmes.

Carson: It looked like he had a longer reach than you.
Cobb: It looked that way to you too, huh?

Of all the guys I would have expected to be punchy, Tex Cobb would be at the top of the list. Is he still all there or is he starting to show signs of punchiness? I don't think I've seen anything of him since the first Ace Ventura movie.

cobb

9-15-92 I saw Tex Cobb fight sonny barch in Ft. Lauderdale , Florida from 20 feet away. Originally a TKO for Cobb later overturned to NC because both fighters tested positive for coke. On a side note Mark Gastineua ( I cant spell it) appeared on the same card and was later investigated for bribing hin opponent. I also saw that same year (4-25-92) by chance Mickey Rourke live in Miami in 1 of his only 2 blemishs on his record fight to a draw with Francisco Harris.

SteveD - That's crazy. What type of fighter was Roark? From what I read, the guy is a legit badass. I picture him as a Roberto Duran type slugger.

Mickey Rourke was ridiculous as a boxer.

I saw footage of Rourke boxing, and all he did was jab.

Cobb.

George Chuvalo.

All.Fucking.Day.