better grappler, Saku or Yoshida?

in mma saku's got him beat. he subbed renzo and newton

"he subbed renzo and newton"

Winning by using a submission hold is not the same as winning by submission.

i think this fight would be pure stand up

For MMA its Sakuraba, however, with a jacket on Yoshida is light years ahead of Sak both standing and on the mat.

Baret Yoshida.

Without a doubt.

"For MMA its Sakuraba, however, with a jacket on Yoshida is light years ahead of Sak both standing and on the mat. "

humm must be a Judo troll...

more than likely Sakuraba would catch him in a ankel lock or a toe hold.

Yoshida's sprawl is not very good and he has yet to show he has great Newaza skills.

IMO if it was a grappling match it would be very boring Sakuraba submission skills are also very basic arm lock ,leg lock ,triangle etc.

Saku schooled Newton when they fought each other though...so lol@basic as a why of describing his submissions.

I meant no gi, no strikes, no points, just roll to the tap.

For this kind of grappling I think Saku is technically better, but Yoshida would have a size & strength advantage that would help, when Yoshida armlocked Frye he was looking 235 or so, Randleman is much smaller and probably not as good sub defense either. JMO.

I'm really want to see Royce/Yoshida part two, thats weird never even knew they fought again.

"Saku schooled Newton when they fought each other though...so lol@basic as a why of describing his submissions. "

Sothy what i mean by basic is both men are NO Rumina Sato when it comes to Grappling.

umm, Yoshida is a GOLD MEDALIST in the OLYMPICS in JUDO! Saku was a state (comparativley) champion in collegiate wrestling...Not quite Gold Medal status. Plus in Saku's fight with Royce Gracie didn't kick Saku in the nuts. I like Saku and hes my fav fighter of all time but Yoshida has accomplished more in the grappling world, is bigger, and stronger then Sakuraba. Yoshida will do better against honorable fighters, not blatant nut kickers like Royce. Royce should have been DQ'ed but Yoshi went on like the warrior he is. Also Yoshida will probably beat Royce AGAIN anyways in their third match that is bound to happen.

"umm, Yoshida is a GOLD MEDALIST in the OLYMPICS in "JUDO! "

WOW BIG FUCKING DEAL so what he won a Gold In the Olympics that dont mean shit in MMA and you know what Frank Shamrock would agree with me he has Kevin Jackson's arm on his Mantel.

You Judo Trolls really cling Hard to that Myth if you win in the Olympics=Great Fighter LOL

"Yoshida has accomplished more in the grappling world"

Judo yes but in all no Judo does not=all there is Yoshida has shown NOTHING as of yet of being called "A WORLD CLASS GRAPPLER"

"Also Yoshida will probably beat Royce "

Yoshida fight the sameway he fought in there last fight He will be Royce's Bitch again.

"Winning by using a submission hold is not the same as winning by submission."

I really don't understand this statement.

What has Yoshida ever shown in the way of submissions? Besides his few early fights, fights many think are suspect.

He is a gold medalist in Judo, that in no way makes him well versed in submissions.

He showed almost nothing as far as submissions go against either Silva or Royce the second time.

Grappling(gi and no-gi) rules = Yoshida
MMA = Yoshida
MMA + kick to the balls = Royce

"boy, you're a bright one. the guy says yoshida is a better grappler, and you have to find something negative to say."

But he is wrong, Armbreaker. Yoshida is NOT a better grappler. Better at Judo, maybe. One can definitely not say that he is a better grappler than Sakuraba.

ugh - i made it to the end of the thread, and now i don't give a flying fuck

hah

king of queers if you got nothing to add to the topic go back to that Troll cave on the Judo/sambo fourm.

How is Saku the better grappler Mark of the Wolf?

Yoshida has better takedowns. He got Silva down a lot easier than Saku did (or didn't, depending on the fight).

Sakuraba has better submissions.

Is Karelin or Rickson (to take another famous example of an argument on the UG) a better grappler?

Karelin has better takedowns and Rickson has better submissions.

IN MMA, Sakuraba is the better MMA grappler. That is what matters.

"How is Saku the better grappler Mark of the Wolf? "

How is Yoshida a better grappler??? saku broke (or dislocated) Renzo's Arm made Royler's arm into a Knot took Ryan To school on the mat.

2 out of three of those gracie's would school Yoshida on the mat let's not forget he also knee bared Carlos Newton and choked Jackson BTW would Kill Yoshida in the ring.

Besides his Judo wins What world class Fighter who is not over the Hill and was not a work has Yoshida beat?? what real Mat skills has he showed??? NONE AT ALL i just find it funny how all the Judo Trolls ride his Dick and he has proved nothing.

"Yoshida has better takedowns. He got Silva down "

WOW What the fuck does that prove (Resnick is starting to rub off on me) hell me or you could probley take Silva down does that mean we could beat him?? fuck no Trigg took Hughes down, Sherk took Hughes down takedowns dont deside the fight sorry this is not JUDO and tripping someone does not mean jack shit but they are on there back and you got to come up with another way of beating them.

some of you people are just sad.