better instructional ribeiro/garci

or garcia? Which no gi dvd do you recommend?

It depends on your personal preferences. Both are excellent. It'll come down to which one has a style that more suites you.

I'd say Garcia's is best for smaller, athletic men who want to play a lot of X-Guard and learn an advanced arm-drag game. I'm not saying it couldn't benefit anyone else, but at 6"5 I can't play the same game he does. I feel that Saulo's DVD is more applicable to anyone, because it deals more with general leverage principals.

I've watched and enjoyed both. However, I've gotten so much more from Saulo than Marcelo's. Saulo explains principles and the small details of scenarios that I find myself in more often than those presented in Marcelo's. I use Saulo's instructionals to clean up parts of my game that I'm having trouble with, such as standing guard passes etc. I tend to just watch Marcelo's with my jaw on the floor.

As most said it depends.  I also watch Marcelo with my jaw on the floor.  I pull off some of the moves but Saulo had a way bigger impact on my overall game.

I'd say Marcelo gave me a few moves but Saulo gave me more control and domination in whole positions....as well as new moves.  So I'd go there first.   I agree Saulo cleaned my game as well.

My best guard pass (gi and no gi) is from the Marcelo 1 set. Saulo's first set had the biggest influence on my overall game from all of the instructionals I've watched.

'Saulo's first set had the biggest influence on my overall game from all of the instructionals I've watched.'

I agree totally with Andre.