Betting my College Fund on Rory

Anyone giving BJ a chance here? What's the line gonna look like? Phone Post

I think with it being BJ the line might start out even or with BJ being a slight favorite.  If you get really lucky you might find  Rory at +175 or so.

Rory will be -170 BJ penn will be 130 Phone Post

At least when you lose all your money, your parents will still have another 8 years to save before you actually start college....

SO....that's cool and all.

j/k, I don't know you and I don't have an opinion on this fight, just wanted to be a jackass.

I cannot believe he turned down a fight with Josh Koscheck to fight Rory Macdonald instead. BJ must have seen something in the fight with Che Mills, or maybe in Kos fight With Hendricks. Either way the money is with fighting Kos and he loses to either guy. dumb.

don't bet it straight, do a 3-4 fight parlay and lay bigger $$ Phone Post

KZTT_CodyLarge - Ex 170 and 155 champ. Has only lost in the last couple years to top contenders in a weight class he's tiny in and twice to arguable the 2nd or 3rd highest ranked lw In the UFC, yeah no he has no chance....

Wtf is wrong with you people? Put bj penn in with anyone under 185 lbs in the UFC
And he can win. Phone Post
No disrespect to BJ at all. He is one of the GOAT and everyone knows it. But even if BJ is "motivated BJ", Rory is just as motuvated to kill a legend; HE CALLED HIM OUT. Phone Post

SpennyBenny -
KZTT_CodyLarge - Ex 170 and 155 champ. Has only lost in the last couple years to top contenders in a weight class he's tiny in and twice to arguable the 2nd or 3rd highest ranked lw In the UFC, yeah no he has no chance....

Wtf is wrong with you people? Put bj penn in with anyone under 185 lbs in the UFC
No disrespect to BJ at all. He is one of the GOAT and everyone knows it. But even if BJ is "motivated BJ", Rory is just as motuvated to kill a legend; HE CALLED HIM OUT. Phone Post
Bj sells fights, Rory is smart and is using BJ's name and legacy to help propel his own career. Bad part is it might be a mistake if Rory is thinking BJ is washed up or going to be a easy victory for him. Either way both are incredible fighters and it will be a exciting fight. Phone Post

AssassinsNATION -
SpennyBenny -

Bj sells fights, Rory is smart and is using BJ's name and legacy to help propel his own career. Bad part is it might be a mistake if Rory is thinking BJ is washed up or going to be a easy victory for him. Either way both are incredible fighters and it will be a exciting fight. Phone Post
Agreed, but Rory is the most mentally tough non-champion Ive ever seen. Phone Post

Royce Nelson - How did he fold? He should have won Phone Post
This. LOL at folding. He was fighting a former champion atthe age of 22. Phone Post

Penn 1st round KO!

I love watching BJ fight at 155. Not so much at 170. His only wins at 170 came against Hughes. When BJ fought Hughes the first time he was still in good shape. But pretty much every fight he has had above 155 that's gone passed the second he has gassed out. He could still be top three at 155 and probably top two if he went to 145. Phone Post

You've never spent time at a community college have u? Phone Post

Rory will be a large favorite - and he shouldn't be. I think this matchup favors Penn. People are selling Penn incredibly short.

We've never seen Rory vs. someone with good TDD, and Penn's is more than just "good". Also Rory has crisp striking and might score points with kicks, but I don't see him doing any damage in the standup. Penn might well box him up badly.

The obvious problem for Penn is cardio, but Rory is not going to push the pace of a Nick Diaz, and I think Rory will struggle for the TD *far* more than GSP. Rory's own cardio isn't really proven either. He gassed bad against Condit.

Penn is Penn. People forget, he almost steamrolled Fitch in the first round. Rory's sub D probably isn't as good as Fitch's. We could well see a repeat of Penn-Hughes here.

EighNullSects - I cannot believe he turned down a fight with Josh Koscheck to fight Rory Macdonald instead. BJ must have seen something in the fight with Che Mills, or maybe in Kos fight With Hendricks. Either way the money is with fighting Kos and he loses to either guy. dumb.

Totally disagree...Kos lost his last fight (and should have lost to Pierce), his stock is not high right now. Rory's hypetrain is absolutely insane. Beating Rory will make people go crazy for Penn again.

Plus IMO Kos is easily the tougher fight. Kos along with GSP has easily the best takedowns in the division. Plus he's much more dangerous on the feet than Rory, and has a very hard chin. Kos is a tougher fight than Rory, but Rory's the one with the huge hype right now. Rory is an easier fight and the win would blow people away. Penn made the smart choice.

People are assuming Rory has these incredible takedowns, but we've never actually seen his TDs tested. There's a lot of assuming going on about Rory. Rory is not GSP.