Biased Rogan strikes again

Rogans commentary during the JDS-Cain fight was beyond awful. He was highly disrespectful towards JDS when he said the whole "this is what happens when the real Cain shows up". As if JDS´ earlier win meant abolutely nothing. JDS was also injured that fight, but of course he made no mention of that.

Its pretty silly that he was acting like Cain is simply the better fighter and writing JDS off in the title picture. Fact of the matter is Cain threw everything he had at JDS but JDS ate it. I think theres a very good chance of JDS winning the rematch if he comes with a better gameplan and doesnt get thrown off his game by Cains early aggressiveness. He just needs that one punch, which is something Cain doesnt have.

I agree that Rogan was bias towards Cain. Cain was visibly tired by the third (late second). Our bodies aren't machines its expected. Regardless it was a great fight.
Rogan needs to learn to not favour. Phone Post

Op is a bitter dork Phone Post

JDS needs to come back strong, destroy his next opponent and get the rubber match with Cain for end of 2013. I also believe JDS could win by having a smarter opening round and avoiding Cains crazy onslaught.

Cain was by far the better fighter though, well done to him for now holding the strap twice, amazing fighter. Phone Post

specially when anik said jds could come back with a ko, and rogan said that won't happen, like he was 100% sure.

shorebreaker420 - Op is a bitter dork Phone Post

This. Phone Post

SonofJockstrap - 

Cain dominated that fight from bell to bell. Maybe he was surprised at this and was exclaiming like "This is what happens when the real Cain comes to fight."

After how he got starched the first fight, this fight he was a completely different animal. It's not like he verbally buried JDS, he heaped praise on both guys. JDS showed his cardio and ability to take a punch, and Cain showed his ability to absolutely control the fight. What else was there for him to say? JDS did nothing of note besides get off his back a lot, which Rogan noted.

This.

What else could Joe have really said ?

The Cain Velasquez that we've seen in EVERY other one of his fights except for the first JDS fight showed up last night and things were much different.

I mean it was absolutely impressive that JDS hung in there.. I'm a huge JDS fan and I wanted him to win.. but really Cain Velasquez's pure and utter dominance was and should have been the narrative of that fight.

From what I recall also, Joe did mention one or more times that Cain was looking exhausted himself.

As someone rooting for JDS, I didn't see a problem with the commentary.. though it still wasn't fun for me to hear and witness.

No he was clearly biased. I picked jds but I wasn't sprites but Rogan was so biased it saddened me. It wasn't that he said anything wrong he just over exaggerated everything. That was an ass whooping though.

He completely ignored some hard punches jds landed but would praise cains cage pressure. Idk it seems UFC really wants that Brazilian market or joe was excited. Phone Post

Hansumboy - Rogans commentary during the JDS-Cain fight was beyond awful. He was highly disrespectful towards JDS when he said the whole "this is what happens when the real Cain shows up". As if JDS´ earlier win meant abolutely nothing. JDS was also injured that fight, but of course he made no mention of that.

Its pretty silly that he was acting like Cain is simply the better fighter and writing JDS off in the title picture. Fact of the matter is Cain threw everything he had at JDS but JDS ate it. I think theres a very good chance of JDS winning the rematch if he comes with a better gameplan and doesnt get thrown off his game by Cains early aggressiveness. He just needs that one punch, which is something Cain doesnt have.

Seems like you read way to far into what hogan was saying.

Jds did next to next the first rounds. Joe was pointing that out. Phone Post

Surprised not sprites Phone Post

rogan is friendly with a lot of fighters and a fan just like us. im sure it's hard for him, in the heat of the moment, to not want to root for them.

dont' read into it like the UFC tells joe to put over one fighter for ad dollars or someshit.

Also what baffles me is how Cain has this "crazy cardio" BUT couldn't do the damage he did with that punch in the first round ever again thru the rest of the fight.

YES JDS has a GREAT chin, BUT the man was ready to go since that big right hand in the 1st. You're supposed to be this cardio king but couldn't finish a man who HAD HIS HANDS DOWN THE ENTIRE FIGHT AND WAS A ZOMBIE!?

Not discrediting Cain, but of course he looked good, I just think that he had a lot of his takedowns stuffed, couldn't hurt JDS anymore after that 1st round and just brawled his way thru.

I think Overeem is gonna stop Cain. Phone Post

You could it biased or you could say Rogan was just telling it like it is.

Cain came with the fire and JDS had nothing and Cain would win this 9/10 times.

caseharts -

No he was clearly biased. I picked jds but I wasn't sprites but Rogan was so biased it saddened me. It wasn't that he said anything wrong he just over exaggerated everything. That was an ass whooping though.

He completely ignored some hard punches jds landed but would praise cains cage pressure. Idk it seems UFC really wants that Brazilian market or joe was excited. Phone Post

Mexican market lol so many errors.

It was one sided but jds landed and had his moments as fleeting as they were and we're ignored. Phone Post

So you're upset because Rogan knew JDS would be exposed? Boo hoo, the dude lost and Rogan called it as it was.

He was in tunnel vision mode again. Joe is great for the most part but UFC need a third man in there to offer another perspective. I found him annoying last night

I think Jo was only caught up with the onslaught. He did say "no disrespect to their first fight" when he said it.

He tends to get caught up in the winning fighters side sometimes or the losers. But its no biggie, unless you're a month into the sport we all know how well jds did. Which was pretty good. He simply never recovered properly from the big punch in the 1st. Well at least til the end of round 3.

And they were both gassed by the 5th. How they kept that pace was amazing. Phone Post

CHILLITACO - 

I think Jo was only caught up with the onslaught. He did say "no disrespect to their first fight" when he said it.

He tends to get caught up in the winning fighters side sometimes or the losers. But its no biggie, unless you're a month into the sport we all know how well jds did. Which was pretty good. He simply never recovered properly from the big punch in the 1st. Well at least til the end of round 3.

And they were both gassed by the 5th. How they kept that pace was amazing. Phone Post

He did say "no disrespect", and he also adknowledge that Cain's gas tank was depleting on the fourth/five round. It's one of those things that a fav fighter get's beaten, and the whole world was against him that night.

I don't know why Zuffa doesn't have you guys as commentators. You're clearly the best option.....sarcasm

Stop complaining! Phone Post

Ryann Von Doom - 

Zuffa wants that Latino market so bad they did everything they could to help sway it. It's not hard to comprehend. 

Sway what?

so Rogans commentary was meant to sway people into believing Cain was winning but he really wasnt?

Rogan was calling the fight, Cain was beating his ass from bell to bell.