Biased Rogan strikes again

Fighters For Kids - 

I don't know why Zuffa doesn't have you guys as commentators. You're clearly the best option.....sarcasm

Stop complaining! Phone Post

People complain when their favorite fighter get's beaten. "Oh, why is Rogan interviewing the loser, leave him alone. Why didn't Rogan mentioned how thick and tight JDS looked", yadda yadda yadda. Rogan's is the best UFC commentator unless he's commentating a fight where your favorite fighter looses, then he's biased and nonsensical.

If Rogan calls the fight for the guy dominating he is disrespectful to the other fighter and clearly is favoring one fighter.

If he calls the fight for the guy getting his ass kicked he is ignoring the fighter who is winning and is disrespecting the fighter who is actually winning the fight.

Someone is always calling Rogan biased in every fight, maybe he is calling it like he sees it?

He is calling it as he sees it. But there are a lot of layers to a cage fight and I think another perspective, best be a former pro, would be a good compliment to the existing crew

ANT_P1989 -"Also what baffles me is how Cain has this "crazy cardio" BUT couldn't do the damage he did with that punch in the first round ever again thru the rest of the fight.

YES JDS has a GREAT chin, BUT the man was ready to go since that big right hand in the 1st. You're supposed to be this cardio king but couldn't finish a man who HAD HIS HANDS DOWN THE ENTIRE FIGHT AND WAS A ZOMBIE!?

Not discrediting Cain, but of course he looked good, I just think that he had a lot of his takedowns stuffed, couldn't hurt JDS anymore after that 1st round and just brawled his way thru.

I think Overeem is gonna stop Cain.
Phone Post
"

That first punch was a clean counter that caught JDS off guard. Cain definitely hit him cleanly a few times after that, but JDS was more prepared, even if he was exhausted and disheartened.

Ryann Von Doom -

Zuffa wants that Latino market so bad they did everything they could to help sway it. It's not hard to comprehend. 

This.

Any other champ gets starched in a minute to lose his belt would need way more than a win over Antonio Silva to get a rematch.

Dana's reactions on FOX after Cain lost told you everything.

The UFC wants a UFC fighter who can make bank on Cinco de Mayo like boxing had De la Hoya and now Canelo Alvarez.

The UFC is focused on Canada, which is why they are pushing Rory as GSP 2, they are focused on Brazil which is why those cards are heavily tilted with favorable matchups for Brazilian fighters and they desperately want a MMA Canelo Alvarez which is why Cain is so important.

Dana was unhappy Cain lost on FOX.

I don't think he was unhappy JDS lost in the rematch.

Cain will be pushed again so hard it will be as if he lived his entire life in Mexico.

The UFC is damned happy to have Cain as champ again and there will be no push for a rubber match. Phone Post

And how many times did Rogan bring up JDS's heart of a champion? Rogan did his job, and did it well. Hell, he thought JDS was getting his second wind on the fifth! He acknowledged that as well.

Damn, no one here should ever watch boxing if commentator bias annoys them so much. I swear both HBO and Showtime announcers seem to revel in praising one fighter above another and ignoring punches.

GrilliamG - Damn, no one here should ever watch boxing if commentator bias annoys them so much. I swear both HBO and Showtime announcers seem to revel in praising one fighter above another and ignoring punches.

Didn't Merchant had a hard on for De La Hoya? He hated Mayweather as well. Roy Jones also.

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Ryann Von Doom -

Zuffa wants that Latino market so bad they did everything they could to help sway it. It's not hard to comprehend. 

This.

Any other champ gets starched in a minute to lose his belt would need way more than a win over Antonio Silva to get a rematch.

Dana's reactions on FOX after Cain lost told you everything.

The UFC wants a UFC fighter who can make bank on Cinco de Mayo like boxing had De la Hoya and now Canelo Alvarez.

The UFC is focused on Canada, which is why they are pushing Rory as GSP 2, they are focused on Brazil which is why those cards are heavily tilted with favorable matchups for Brazilian fighters and they desperately want a MMA Canelo Alvarez which is why Cain is so important.

Dana was unhappy Cain lost on FOX.

I don't think he was unhappy JDS lost in the rematch.

Cain will be pushed again so hard it will be as if he lived his entire life in Mexico.

The UFC is damned happy to have Cain as champ again and there will be no push for a rubber match. Phone Post

Whether that is true or not.. it has virtually nothing to do with Rogan.

come on guys..get off Joes ass, and give the guy a little break. The guy comes in, and does his job with incredible, genuine passion like none other. If you have ever commentated, it's simply not as easy as it looks. I know Joe makes it look easy. And by the way, I've heard Joe say many great things about JDS.

Jason Reinhardt - come on guys..get off Joes ass, and give the guy a little break. The guy comes in, and does his job with incredible, genuine passion like none other. If you have ever commentated, it's simply not as easy as it looks. I know Joe makes it look easy. And by the way, I've heard Joe say many great things about JDS.

he did a great job but its so clear hes a fan and thats awesome id still have him over every other possible commentator I just felt a definite bias. amazing commentator no matter what anyone says

You guys nitpick so much...he has to say this stuff on the fly, have you never fallen victim of misconstruing what you meant to say?

Have some empathy before you jump down his throat

He complimented JDS' heart multiple times, I did not find him the least bit disrespectful.

fapout - 
Jason Reinhardt - come on guys..get off Joes ass, and give the guy a little break. The guy comes in, and does his job with incredible, genuine passion like none other. If you have ever commentated, it's simply not as easy as it looks. I know Joe makes it look easy. And by the way, I've heard Joe say many great things about JDS.

this happens after every ppv

its retarded.

The worst part is that most of the people who are so quick to criticize can barely churn out a sentence worth reading.. let alone actually hearing.

Everyone crying about the commentary should watch a non UFC show to regain some appreciation for how good Rogan does. His input is always on point and his enthusiasm for what's happening inside the cage is unparalleled. Phone Post

Hansumboy - Rogans commentary during the JDS-Cain fight was beyond awful. He was highly disrespectful towards JDS when he said the whole "this is what happens when the real Cain shows up". As if JDS´ earlier win meant abolutely nothing. JDS was also injured that fight, but of course he made no mention of that.

Its pretty silly that he was acting like Cain is simply the better fighter and writing JDS off in the title picture. Fact of the matter is Cain threw everything he had at JDS but JDS ate it. I think theres a very good chance of JDS winning the rematch if he comes with a better gameplan and doesnt get thrown off his game by Cains early aggressiveness. He just needs that one punch, which is something Cain doesnt have.

I totally agree with you. I was wishing that whole fight that Joe Rogan would STFU. He was getting on my nerves. I will never watch another fight with that guy as commentator.

Cain won that fight but JDS did not do no where near as bad as Rogan was saying. He blocked a ton of takedowns and stood the whole time.

I can see why FOX did nt want Joe Rogan on their channels. He would drag the ratings down.

Reading this really annoys the shit out of me..

What was he supposed to say? Cain was completely dominating him, he's a commentator.. he has to 'commentate'' on what he's seeing.

"Junior is really doing a good job at getting his ass kicked right now"

Is about the only positive thing he could of said for JDS, and I'm a big fan of JDS.

Ryann Von Doom - 

So the people in Mexico watching this tuned in to the English commentating version instead of the Spanish stream??? lol

Cindy

CindyO - 
Ryann Von Doom - 

So the people in Mexico watching this tuned in to the English commentating version instead of the Spanish stream??? lol

Cindy

Hey no using logic you know the rules.

Did I miss something?? Cain dominated the fight so wtf is joe supposed to commentate on? He also gave junior credit when he did rarely land anything. Joes a top class commentator and his passion for mma and jits knowledge is second to none Phone Post

Funny how defensive some people get when you criticize Rogan. People here are acting like I hate the guy. I dont, in fact, that couldnt be further from the truth. His commentating is great and his podcast is the best on earth. Joe Rogan is awesome. But his biggest flaw is that he often sides with one fighter while calling fights. I am sure everyone can agree to this, the examples of this are simply too many too ignore.