Big John and The Punk Khabib/Islam debate gets heated. LOL

Starts around the 2 minute mark. I thought it was hilarious. Josh has trained extensively with both Khabib and Islam at AKA

Who was the better fighter by their 10th UFC fight? Islam or Khabib?

Love it. This is like arguing about what the most badass type of animal in the world.

Siberian Tiger vs. African Lion.

2 Likes

Lol

I like how John wants to compare pre-prime Islam to prime Khabib and acts like he knows who is better at what even though Josh has trained with both of them.

5 Likes

Josh is painfully difficult to listen to. I’m not sure if he’s drunk, punch drunk, or a mix up both. Couple that with his below average intelligence and it’s just embarrassing.

4 Likes

Lions stand no chances against Tigers

2 Likes

I think John was just trying to say that after 10 UFC fights, Khabib was better by the 10th fight than Islam.

Honestly, this entire debate started from Josh HYPING the shit out of Makhachev. He has said several times “Islam is a better version of Khabib, he has striking and actually a better wrestler than Khabib”.

Haha Josh always says he has trouble remembering and jokes around about having CTE. He’s not near as quick witted as Big John which makes for some hilarious back n forths on the podcast, because they both want to be right and have big egos.

Big John is like an encyclopedia when stats are brought up. He’s a wealth of knowledge whereas Josh has the AKA insider info and real fight experience.

1 Like

That was amusing to listen to. Agree on Big John having the quicker wit and broader knowledge.
I like to listen to short clips of their podcast like this. Thats the best way to digest most podcasts these days. An hour or two is just too much time unless the podcast subject matter is something you are really into like that.

1 Like

Actually, that’s the other way around.

1 Like

Funny. lol

But seriously, there is nothing to argue about. Siberian Tiger wins all day, any day.

1 Like

I caught this podcast on my suggestions feed. Their flow seems off. Maybe they will get better. I’m happy that Chael is getting more time on ESPN these days.

Big John is a tool, but he is right. Josh comes across like an idiot and someone who can’t admit that they’re wrong.

I only have time for a couple podcasts per week. Big John & Josh put out 2 shows a week (Sunday and Wednesday) which I listen to entirety on my way to work. But yeah it’s tough, I miss Bispings, Swick has a good one, I got hooked on a lot of podcasts last year but yeah… time constraints.

1 Like

Josh admits he’s a full blown homer when it comes to AKA guys. I think he’s unintentionally hilarious, some Tito-isms at times

I never understood the dislike for Big John. He’s the best referee we’ve seen in the sport, IMO.

1 Like

But their mane helps protect their necks. So they have a slight advantage there.

I saw that on some tv show where they run scenarios to see which animal would win in a fight.

I said Tiger cause it is much bigger but the mane protecting the neck played a role. :man_shrugging:

Personally, don’t know him couldn’t say anything to that.

As a referee he was solid, can’t think of too many fuck ups.

As a personality (podcast host) and someone who puts himself in the media all the time, he has just always been a know it all. He’s always the one who came up with something and somehow was self-appointed as the go to guy when there’s an arbitrary ref call. The guy tends to make everything about himself which is an annoying trait.

Yep, 100%. What about Barbery Lions tho. Or Atlas Lions.
@pidgey

I think he said he works for Showtime and not Bellator , could be wrong though