Big Man VS (2) 100 lbs Chimps

X Choke is so correct. You post something that's already been posted here, and the gatekeepers act as if you're the dork that doesn't have a life.

Sam Pai has a good point. I doubt the chimp could take a blade too well. Maybe if you're a righty you could give up your left arm and when he chomps down plunge that knife into his neck. Hard to plan ahead for something as unpredictable as a chimp attack though.

BTW Tyson once said he wanted to punch a gorilla at a zoo or something...I'd like to see him try that with THAT gorilla lmao.

I am sorry if I went overboard, it just makes no scence that these guys expect that someone is supposed to know every topic that has ever been discussed here and NEVER mention it again.

I am calm now Ohhhhmmmmmmmmmm ooohhhhhmmmmmmmmm ooohhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Chimps are extremely strong, but their strength is way overestimated. It's haphazardly and unfairly based off of one-arm pull measurements, which is probably the strongest movement a chimp can make, and comparatively the weakest movement for a human. Compare leg strength, an average human wins. Compare pushing strength, it would probably be close. The fact is muscle capacity per unit volume is almost exactly the same across species. Tendon and bone thickness as well as overall structure come into play, but not enough to make chimps 10 times stronger.... It's a completely absurd and unscientific estimation.

"It's haphazardly and unfairly based off of one-arm pull measurements, which is probably the strongest movement a chimp can make, and comparatively the weakest movement for a human."

That is a ridiculous statement. Pull strength, especially lever-type motion as used in some of the tests, is an excellent measure of strength,primate or human. It isn't dependant on spinal alignment or pelvic angle as would be a dead lift. The difference in performance under these conditions disproves your other statement, as chimpanzees have set marks between 5 and 10 times human performance, and when adding in overall mass a greater disparity is seen.

" And what would be the best way to deal with this attack?"

Run away as fast as I can. If they trip me up, try and get up and keep running. Hopefully you'll come across something that can help like a chuck of wood or fucking anything.

How bad would that be?

I'm waiting for the Game Pit people to hop on the thread and really get
things going.

I had not heard anything about this (when it happened) nor did I see anything in here about it. I found it to be sad, but also very interesting. So many people in here like to talk about "what if this" and "what if that"........well, this is one time that you don't have to wonder "what if"

Dammit, I can't help myself.........

What if you could put a MMA fighter in that mans position just before the monkeys attacked......

Who would it be and why?

Not TWO monkeys. I think any man would be killed.

Just one full grown and very aggressive chimp

VS Vanderlei Silva (for example)

Which forum member was it that said he could easily beat a baboon? If chimps can do that to you, a baboon will royally fuck you up.

Damn! And i thought monkeys were nice, comedic animals :o

i reckon Silva could beat a chimp.

The coolest thing is that this has been done to death almost as much as Rickson's record ...but it is still a strangely facinating subject.

Anyways, I would imagine fighting an adult man would look like fighting in slow mo to the Chimp.

A man would have no chance against almost any animal unless it was very small, animals do not punch, they cut. Anyone would be a bloody mess in seconds and unable to cut, or stun, or even grab most animals.

I can't believe anyone with a brain would think a man, regardless of his strength level, could beat a 100lb primate. I think we had this thread a while back with Gannon, who thought he could punch the chimp in the face and thwart it's efforts. Hard enough to hit a man, not to mention a chimp jumping and flying all over the place.

An enraged 100lb chimp would chew Fedor up 100 out of 100 times. Bet the ranch on it!

However, if the man were a BJJ blue belt, the chimp would be toast, right?

No doubt the chimp's going to come onto this forum with a story about how he was minding his own business when this guy in a nijitsu-kempo shirt walks up out of nowhere and starts ogling his girl...

Chimp by armbar, rd.2

"That is a ridiculous statement. Pull strength, especially lever-type motion as used in some of the tests, is an excellent measure of strength,primate or human. It isn't dependant on spinal alignment or pelvic angle as would be a dead lift. The difference in performance under these conditions disproves your other statement, as chimpanzees have set marks between 5 and 10 times human performance, and when adding in overall mass a greater disparity is seen."

10 TIMES?!? Completely absurd. Here's a brief write-up by a professor of anatomy on GORILLA strength, which he is hesitant to label as greater than human relative to bodyweight. I specifically point out the following statement which you supposedly disproved: "A general principle in biology is that the basic unit of muscle activity (the sarcomere) is pretty much the same in all animals. That means that the muscle of any animal is just as powerful as the muscle of any other
animal."

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/jul2001/995155256.Zo.r.html

Here's another write-up by Cecil Adams of The Straight Dope. He agrees with me that the data is unscientific, stating "most of the data on chimp strength is anecdotal and decidedly unscientific." Also notice a 165-lb chimp's one-arm pull was measured to be 847 pounds, compared to 210 pounds for a 165 lb man -- a difference of 4x. Again, I believe this to be an unfair comparison, as the chimp's upper body was surely much bigger since humans carry about half their mass in the low body, chimps much less. A 250 pound man would have been more fair for this particular test, as would a broader range of strength tests which incorporate legs.

I suspect that Mike Tyson could have beaten that 65 year old guy too.

Robin.

That happened quite a while ago and yes they ripped his nuts off.