Big Nog to retire by the end of 2015

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira’s mixed martial arts career is coming to an end.

The former PRIDE and UFC heavyweight champion, who built a 34-9-1 (1 no-contest) record since his MMA debut in 1999, announced his plans to retire from the sport by the end of 2015.

Coming off back-to-back losses for the first time in his 46-fight career, "Minotauro" plans to fulfill his UFC contract and move on.

"I know I won’t fight forever," Nogueira told Ag. Fight. "I’m focused on my gym’s business now. It’s a beautiful work, we have 9,000 students, 32 gyms. … I plan to end my career by the end of the next year, I believe. One more year. It’s until the point my body can handle.

"So many injuries, I’m dedicating to other things now. I will decide when the time comes. I have two more fights in my contract, and then I’ll stop (fighting)."

The legendary heavyweight, who fought the who’s who of MMA for over a decade, feels he doesn’t have the recognition he deserves.

"They want to rush my retirement. The fans are very critical in Brazil," he said.

"You see Randy Couture’s career. He has two wins for each loss, and he’s treated like an idol. He’s Capitan American, national hero. I have four wins for each loss, and they say I have to retire. Brazilians are very critical, and I think it’s a bad mentality for the athlete."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/8/22/6054553/antonio-minotauro-nogueira-to-retire-by-the-end-of-2015

Would rather it be the end of 2014, but hey it's a start, I guess.

Legend Phone Post 3.0

Let him ko Schaub 2 more times Phone Post 3.0

MediumRareMistake - Let him ko Schaub 2 more times Phone Post 3.0
Lol this Phone Post 3.0

Pearson'd In My Gray Area -
Lol this Phone Post 3.0
Or submit Dave Herman one more time and Ko Schaub one more time Phone Post 3.0

About three years too late

Randy retired after getting KO"D he should follow suit

I can't take watching him get knocked out like that again, what's he got to prove? Phone Post 3.0

I would be cool with this, but on the off chance that schaub won or even ko'd him I'd kill myself probably lol Phone Post 3.0

wizekraker owns me, it's not normal -
I would be cool with this, but on the off chance that schaub won or even ko'd him I'd kill myself probably lol Phone Post 3.0
That's how I felt when Liddell Ortiz 3 was announced lol Phone Post 3.0

Should have hung them up after knocking out Schaub, would've been a good send off Phone Post 3.0

and Schaub will call him out in 2016.

Lol this Phone Post 3.0

ShaqNoob - and Schaub will call him out in 2016.
There's actually a 50% chance he will indeed do that and demand a rematch in denver Phone Post 3.0

Put Schaub in hand cuffs and give Nog a baseball bat. The Brazilian commission will approve this. Phone Post 3.0

I really hope Brendan sees this thread Phone Post 3.0

as a fan of Big Nog and what he has done for the sport, i think its a wise choice

MysteriousNinjaFromMars - The UFC should give Nog a victory lap , no more dangerous opponents , lets send the guy off with a few wins.

Guy wants a challenge, he's a warrior, so that wouldn't be what he wants. And dude, his opponent is not there to be KOed or subbed for our sadistic pleasure, it's a fair competition between two trained guys that can both win!

It's going to be the end of an era. Nothing but Hespect for Big Nog