Big Nog vs. Cain Velasquez at UFC 108?

Confirmed - http://tatame.com/2009/11/04/Minotauro-vs-Cain-Velasquez-at-UFC-108

Posted a thread about this as a match up a while back...Nog by late sub.

AWESOME FIGHT.

I'd have to take Cain by UD though.

ends - It will be Cain's honor to lose to Nogueira impressively

This.

what the hell is a fighters summit?

joemama - what the hell is a fighters summit?
Company picnic.

Terrible matchmaking, but a great fight, if you get me.

explodingboy - Terrible matchmaking, but a great fight, if you get me.
No, I don't get you. If it's a great fight in the making, that should be an indication of good matchmaking.

Makes perfect sense winner gets the winner of Brock and Carwin for the title.

They should just do Lesnar/Nog. That's the big fight people want to see. Let Carwin fight Cain.

Battle of cardios, this could be an instant classic.

Zedlepln - 
No, I don't get you. If it's a great fight in the making, that should be an indication of good matchmaking.

I think the fight is great on it's own merits, an intriguing match-up.

But I think it would eliminate a title contender too soon. You could give Nog the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. You could give Cain the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. But to have one of them eliminated from contention when there aren't THAT many alternatives seems a little shortsighted.

However given the delay in Lesnar/Carwin I guess you have to give them both a fight in the meantime so I suppose it's a difficult situation.

Nevermind, at least it's another contender out the way for Kongo to fight his way back in there.

explodingboy - 
Zedlepln - 

But I think it would eliminate a title contender too soon. You could give Nog the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. You could give Cain the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. But to have one of them eliminated from contention when there aren't THAT many alternatives seems a little shortsighted.

Makes sense, especially in light of the (lack of) depth in the HW division. However, as a fan, I would much rather see contenders fight other contenders than contenders fight mismatches. And, yeah, maybe Kongo gets back on track faster.

cain via tko

I'd bet the farm on a prime Mino to submit Valsasquez and even now at age 33 I'd have him a 2-1 favorite.

'Brown Pride' by decision. Nog is not without a chance of course.

Oh dang. Good fight!!!

Zedlepln - 
explodingboy - 
Zedlepln - 

Makes sense, especially in light of the (lack of) depth in the HW division. However, as a fan, I would much rather see contenders fight other contenders than contenders fight mismatches. And, yeah, maybe Kongo gets back on track faster.

How about this.

Just give Nog the next title shot. People want to see Brock/Nog. Give the people what they want.

If Mir beats Kongo, let him fight Cain. That winner can fight the winner of Nog/Brock for the title.

If Mir doesn't beat Kongo,have Cain and Dos Santos fight for a title shot.

man this card is beyond stacked

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin
Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Carlos Condit vs. Paul Daley
Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller
Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham
Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout
Dan Lauzon vs. Cole Miller
Ryan Jensen vs. Mark Munoz
Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Pyle