Big Nog vs. Cain Velasquez at UFC 108?

Cant wait for 108.

WHAT!?!?!?! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!! NOG BY SUB OR UD

explodingboy - 
Zedlepln - 
explodingboy - Terrible matchmaking, but a great fight, if you get me.
No, I don't get you. If it's a great fight in the making, that should be an indication of good matchmaking.

I think the fight is great on it's own merits, an intriguing match-up.

But I think it would eliminate a title contender too soon. You could give Nog the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. You could give Cain the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. But to have one of them eliminated from contention when there aren't THAT many alternatives seems a little shortsighted.

However given the delay in Lesnar/Carwin I guess you have to give them both a fight in the meantime so I suppose it's a difficult situation.

Nevermind, at least it's another contender out the way for Kongo to fight his way back in there.

Excellent post explodingboy and a great point.

Either way it looks like the Top 4 HW are now Lesnar/Carwin/Cain/Nog in whatever order.

Qubax - 
explodingboy - 
Zedlepln - 
explodingboy - Terrible matchmaking, but a great fight, if you get me.
No, I don't get you. If it's a great fight in the making, that should be an indication of good matchmaking.

I think the fight is great on it's own merits, an intriguing match-up.

But I think it would eliminate a title contender too soon. You could give Nog the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. You could give Cain the next title shot if you wanted, and no-one would complain. But to have one of them eliminated from contention when there aren't THAT many alternatives seems a little shortsighted.

However given the delay in Lesnar/Carwin I guess you have to give them both a fight in the meantime so I suppose it's a difficult situation.

Nevermind, at least it's another contender out the way for Kongo to fight his way back in there.

Excellent post explodingboy and a great point.

Either way it looks like the Top 4 HW are now Lesnar/Carwin/Cain/Nog in whatever order.

Except JDS has a better resume in the UFC then both Carwin and Cain

JDS/Cain and Nog getting the title shot would make more sense

Cain will hurt him badly but at least we won't see Nog get wrecked by Lesnar

Great Card. Velasquez has nothing to offer Nog. Nog is going to submit him in the 2nd. Paul Daley vs Condit nice. Best Card of the year! haha

Nice fight, the winner of this fight should definitely be in line for the next title shot.

in reallity nog should get a ud or rnd 3 sub, but he's been know to take alot of punishment to get there, and as we seen against rothwell even tho your standing back up and those punches dont bother you the refferee know better and will stop the fight.

Excellent fight imo. It's going to be an interesting one.

i basically thought cain earned his shot after his last win.

here's my list in order of title shots.

carwin
cain
nog
winner of mir/ kongo

and as a bonus just cuz it would be fun to watch throw todd duffe in there at the bottom.

HighlandFightSystems - i basically thought cain earned his shot after his last win.

here's my list in order of title shots.

carwin
cain
nog
winner of mir/ kongo

and as a bonus just cuz it would be fun to watch throw todd duffe in there at the bottom.

Wins over CC and WErdum> Wins over Kongo and Rothwell

Thus JDS>Cain

NO MAZATTI PLEASE.

I wonder if Cain will hesitate to go for the takedown against Nog? This is one that if it went 5 rounds, I'd have little doubt that Nog would pull it out. 3rds, Im saying Cain.

Great test for Cain. I'm leaning towards Nog on this one due to chin of granite, solid striking and lethal subs.

nog by submission in the 1st, cain's weak GnP won't do shit to nog and cain hasn't gone up against a guy with jiu jitsu like nog.

now that is incredible match making!

What a fight I cannot wait!

Nog by submission.

Minotauro is my favorite HW, period.

but Cain is going to be all over him.  hes too much faster, with that wrestling base and good fundamental jiu jitsu.  add in some decent standup and Minotauro's lack of head movement and we have a problem unless Cain gasses.  and im not seeing that either. 

lets not hear any of this 'Cain hits like a bitch' shit, because when have Kongo and Rothwell ever been KOd?  or even dropped?

it took Andrei like 3 rounds of big shots on Ben to get the knockout, does Andrei hit like a bitch?

Cain by judo. Judo who you're messing with homie.

JJz - man this card is beyond stacked

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin
Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
Junior Dos Santos vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Carlos Condit vs. Paul Daley
Tyson Griffin vs. Jim Miller
Martin Kampmann vs. Rory Markham
Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout
Dan Lauzon vs. Cole Miller
Ryan Jensen vs. Mark Munoz
Jake Ellenberger vs. Mike Pyle

Fuck even if Lesnar isn't healthy enough to stay on this card it's still gonna be a great card.