Bigger hype: Brock or Overeem?

And Brock has been beaten by cans?

Brock fought a former UFC Champ in his 2nd fight.

Brock has faced Cain and Carwin in the last year.

Reem has faced Duffee and Rogers.

Brock would also smash Rogers and Duffee.

Overeem. You could laugh at the people claiming Brock number 1. Its just disturbing that people think Overeem should be no. 1 HW.

LOL!

I guess you missed Overeem not even needing a underhook to hold Rogers down.....

Brock takes down both Duffee and Rogers and smashes them, they are not going to be able to spring back to their feet like a fucking cat, like Cain was able to do.

Sinner77 - 
WALES1 - And Brock has been beaten by cans?

Brock fought a former UFC Champ in his 2nd fight.

Brock has faced Cain and Carwin in the last year.

Reem has faced Duffee and Rogers.

Brock would also smash Rogers and Duffee.

Clearly Brock would smash Rogers and Duffee, because we all seen that he loves to fight strikers. And can take a punch like a man.

And Brock would love just to fight strikes.

Brock hates to fight wrestlers than can strike.

I ain't choosing sides but they're the same.

Brock barely has wins to be in top ten, but Overeem has 11 losses is it? All to actual top competition

SexiestManAlive - I ain't choosing sides but they're the same.

Brock barely has wins to be in top ten, but Overeem has 11 losses is it? All to actual top competition

WHAT?????

So, by your logic, if someone wins 3 fights against top competition and another guy loses 11 fights against the same quality of opponents, they are the same? Shannon Ritch will be happy to have a fan like you.

Sinner77 - Lol everyone is saying that Overeem is fighting cans. But no one has yet to mention that Overeem has been calling out the top guys in SF (Fedor and Werdum) for over a year. Is it his fault people are ducking him?

Ding Ding Ding Ding

It is not Overeem's fault that he only fights cans.  But with that said, we can only rank him by who he fights, not by who's fault it is that he only fights cans.  

Great post Sinner77!

Back on topic.  At this point, either Brock or Overeem beat Fedor.  Brock is just a horrible match up for him, and Overeem has simply improved too much for Fedor to hang in there with him.  

Brock Lesnar easily takes Fedor down and normally that wouldn't be so bad for Fedor but the problem is that Brock has really focused on his anti submission game and can easily avoid Fedor's offense from the bottom.  He is a monster from top as demonstrated against Frank Mir when he stymied everything Frank tried and bludgeoned him into submission.  He is too big and too strong for Fedor to deal with at this point of his career. 5 years ago I'd give the edge to Fedor.  Today, Brock stops him inside of one round.  

Overeem is just too big and strong for Fedor to take down, and on the feet, Overeem puts him to sleep.  No shame in any of this, Fedor isn't what he once was and neither is Overeem.  I'll always consider Fedor the very best heavyweight up until a year or two ago and that's pretty remarkable.  

Cain is another guy that beats up Fedor.  Just too much gas tank, too many options from the feet, and too smart/focused.  Outside of those 3, I don't favor anyone else definitively over Fedor at this point.  He's that good. 

I think brock was overated he got a shot after going 1-1 and beat carwin then was demolished by cain. Ubereem however has won most of his fights at heavyweight defended his sf title won the k1 gp title and then got the dream title ubereem is not overrated Phone Post

Brock was rated #1 on Sherdog, and plenty of people here say Overeem is not even top 10.

You tell me which is more hyped.

Brock, because we know now that his hype was bullshit.

WALES1 - LOL!

I guess you missed Overeem not even needing a underhook to hold Rogers down.....

Do you even know what an underhook is?

Why would you need an underhook to hold somebody down?????
(And how the hell would that work anyway since underhooks and overhooks are used in clinch?)

I'm saying its funny how everyone wanted these 2 as the top HW.

At least Brock tries to fight top competition and doesn't pretend to be the best.

"I want 3 titles"

rockwell - 
WALES1 - LOL!

Do you even know what an underhook is?

Why would you need an underhook to hold somebody down?????
(And how the hell would that work anyway since underhooks and overhooks are used in clinch?)

It's simple. You need to control the person on the ground.

I'll see if I can find some vids now.

I'm busy at the mo and this is the best I can do:

http://bridgeshrimpspinturtle.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/half-guard-fighting-off-the-crossfaceunderhook-and-figure-four/

Have you trained before?

It's called a underhook standing and on the ground.

Overeem is the real deal and ko'ing guys in seconds.

Brock is m.i.a. and was last seen not knowing how to react to punches coming at him. Phone Post

WALES1 - It's called a underhook standing and on the ground.

Not really.

And you don't necessarily NEED an 'underhook' to HOLD anyone down anyway so even if your terminology was correct then it's a faux pas.

I've seen plenty of fighters hold down other fighters without needing an 'underhook'. What's so special about Overeems case that warrants specifically pointing out?

I'm not being a dick. Just confused by your use of the word underhook instead of just saying "he held Rogers down really easily".

Regardless, "underhook" is a wrestling term used to describe an arm position relative to the opponent in the clinch.

Have YOU ever trained?

(ok you can proceed to call me whatever nasty names you can come up with to make yourself feel like a man and tell me I'm called Eric now....)

Oh and in the example you provided the guy on the BOTTOM is the one with the "underhook" so how would that apply to "holding someone down"?

In top position an "underhook" would be used to pull the opponent into yourself NOT to "hold him down".

You might be clueless.

AuzzieOsbourne - 

dude relax you're too paranoid of getting counter-replied
this is the internet remember so if you get owned its not that bad

Dude I'm totally chill! It's just that me and WALES always seem to disagree on stuff here. It's no biggie though.

He just resorts to insulting so I pre-empted his response.
He also tried to tell me he "knew" I was some bloke called "Eric" who "followed him around forums"!!!! Hahaha
If anyone is paranoid it's the guy who thinks Eric is chasing him around cyberspace correcting his fallacies on underhooks and Brock NOT being the Greatest HW of all time (as he said in another thread a while back)....hahaha...