Bigger than Yao Ming...

Well... taller at least

Yao's bigger in the pants.

(so I hear)

He's also 83 times better as an NBA player. Goddam, if he ever gets the right guys around him and the right system, watch the fuck out.

bradley's head is the size of a pin (in proportion to his body...)

too bad his work ethic is just as pathetic.

Rockets 123 vs the Hawks 121 3OT

Yao

49mins 15-21fg 11-13ft 16rb 7ast 2blks 41pts

Francis

58min 5-20fg 1-10 3pt 5-6ft 8rbs 9ast 6pf 3stl 16pts

if ONLY yao were on another team.. AAAANY other team in the league, just not the rockets (who have the two gayest guards in the league)

George Murresann (sp) was 7'8" and actually had some very good game but his knees just wouldn't hold up

Slick - Manute did have some game. He could change the way the other team played offense. He still holds some of blocks records. Don Nelson did use him as a gimmick some with the 3 point thing but its not like he could do any worse from the arch than he did from the post.

He was in the league for 10 years also

"I find it amazing that Shawn Bradley is still in the league, but I guess the body doesn't take too much damage if you only average around 8 minutes a game."

Bradley actually fills a good spot for the mavs and still changes a lot of shots in the middle. He isn't a full time center but I think he has put in a lot of good minutes for the Mavs the last few years

Yao has to be the best 7'5"+ player so far, but I fear his body won't hold up.hmmm.... I disagree. look at Yao's pins. his legs are HUGE. the problem with the tall guys is usually their legs (bowie with the ankle and sampson with the kness, I think... maybe I'm wrong). Yao's knees look the size of bowling balls and his thighs, calves and ankles are THICK. I don't think you'll see his body break down early. the only thing that might be at risk would be his feet (a la Walton)? but I think walton was an extreme case.and I don't think muresan was any better a rebounder than yao - give yao a year or two to pack on 30 more pounds (if he can) and see if he doesn't average 10+ boards even if he keeps playing 33 mins per game. yao has 100x the touch that muresan had too. no comparison there IMO...

^ agree. In addition, Yao is not a high flyer. He does not exert himself as hard as Ralph Sampson. Ralph liked to jump and dunk. Yao is more finesse. I have never seen him get above a foot off the ground. He uses his height instead of his leapers. Yao will not get as many knee and ankle injuries as previous big men.

Shawn Bradley is the same way, just much weaker.

"Manute vs Muresan. Zuffa make it happen!"

I'll take Manute.

Did you see that jab on Celebrity Boxing?

Yao is having a better year than Shaq. If he played with a halfway decent PF and a good PG the Rockets would a serious title contender.

"Yao is having a better year than Shaq"

Please explain how.

The only thing Yao Ming has on Shaq is FT%

" agree. In addition, Yao is not a high flyer. He does not exert himself as hard as Ralph Sampson. Ralph liked to jump and dunk. Yao is more finesse. I have never seen him get above a foot off the ground. He uses his height instead of his leapers. Yao will not get as many knee and ankle injuries as previous big men."

You think this may explain some of his weakness in terms of rebounding and blocking shots???

^in relation to shot blocking and rebounding, I think Yao is just adjusting to a different game. Growing up and playing professionally in China, Yao played more of a classical basketball game. In the USA, he is playing a active banging game. Remember that Yao is only 23. He has shown numerous flashes of brilliance. The kid will overcome this.

Yao does seem like he is built to handle his height and weight, but playing year round ball is eventually going to catch up to him. Hopefully he can eventually get out of having to play for China during the offseason.

^agree

Dallas is turning Bradley into a basketball player. He's getting a good mid range jumper, He drops 85% of his free throws, and he's starting to play some D.