Biggest Fall From Grace? Best Rise From the Ashes?

Maybe Randy had the biggest fall. The guy was nearly everyone's hero at one point.

Best rise, Kimbo is the first one that comes to mind. Got incredible hate for his Internet fame. I think he earned a lot of respect for working his ass off and never complaining during TUF.

why do you think Randy had a big fall? Who did he tarnish himself to besides Dana?

Mark Hunt.

Came on the scene with amazing performances against Wand and Cro Cop while starting his career 5-1.

Then went in the crapper for the next five years and lost six straight. He performed so poorly that Zuffa was willing to pay him just to go away.

Then rose from the ashes and went 4-0 and was on the brink of a title shot before losing to JDS in his most recent bout.

Fall -

Fedor. The Werdum loss made everyone realize that he WAS human, after all. It was all downhill for a while after that fight..

A case could be made for Chuck, too. When the UFC matched him with grapplers most of the time during his run, he laid most out (except the first fight with Randy) but when Rampage came over it was all downhill for him.

He became the nail instead of being the hammer.

Rise -

Vitor. Vitor was inconsistent for years, and then he just captured some form and became a stone cold killer again (Silva loss aside). Dude is on serious form at the moment.

forrestfan - why do you think Randy had a big fall? Who did he tarnish himself to besides Dana?

I don't know Randy, clearly. But I think the perception is that he is not the most fan friendly guy. I've read stories that he isn't. The tattoos and the afghan scarfs after he gained mainstream fame seemed a contrast to his working man identity that a lot of fans admired. I guess his marriages seemed....out of character.

I know that sounds disrespectful to him. I dont want to come off that way. I only see the public persona and the heresay. So. Yeah.

A fall should go out to Mirko, too.

I know he was not that far removed from his prime when he arrived in the UFC (I think he was content with his GP win) but damn did Gonzaga mentally ruin him. Add to the fact that he never adapted to the cage (well he did spend many years in a ring) and it was a bad few years for him.

Tim Sylvia is another one that fell from grace.

Mir should be mentioned for a rise.

He got owned against Pe De Pano (should never have happened) but he came back with some good wins seeing as he was in a bad motorcycle accident.

Tilla - A fall should go out to Mirko, too.

I know he was not that far removed from his prime when he arrived in the UFC (I think he was content with his GP win) but damn did Gonzaga mentally ruin him. Add to the fact that he never adapted to the cage (well he did spend many years in a ring) and it was a bad few years for him.

Tim Sylvia is another one that fell from grace.

Mir should be mentioned for a rise.

He got owned against Pe De Pano (should never have happened) but he came back with some good wins seeing as he was in a bad motorcycle accident.

Voted up. Mir's a great answer. Lost to Vera in the first. Crazy how he's bounced back. Great story.

Cheers, man! I'll vote you up later as I honestly think this topic is ace! ;-)

I watched Randy walk out into the crowd and talk with every fan that approached him for maybe five hours straight after his sons last Strikeforce fight when he easily could have just stayed backstage like everyone else. This base assumption that Randy is a dick to fans is false.

Biggest rise would have to be Anderson imo. Almost quit the sport after Pride and had to get talked into staying by the Nogs. The rest is history.

1 for silva.

Came into UFC with an 80% win/lose.
Still very great but then going on a 16 fight win streak is incredible Phone Post 3.0

Matt Serra...for both unfortunately. Phone Post 3.0

fall: Rampage

Mark Kerr's fall was pretty bad. Frank Shamrocks rise was amazing, the way he took out Kevin Jackson and just reigned in the UFC. Randy's rise was also fast, everybody thought belfort would take him out and he destroyed him. There was a poll done the night of the fight and only 2 people picked Couture to win that fight.

forrestfan - fall: Rampage

rise: Rampage

I would say TJ grant. When he first got to the UFC he was a middle of the pack guy at 170. Made the cut to 155 and has been on a tear ever since. Might even Dethrone Bendo. Phone Post 3.0

Tilla - Fall -

Fedor. The Werdum loss made everyone realize that he WAS human, after all. It was all downhill for a while after that fight..

A case could be made for Chuck, too. When the UFC matched him with grapplers most of the time during his run, he laid most out (except the first fight with Randy) but when Rampage came over it was all downhill for him.

He became the nail instead of being the hammer.

Rise -

Vitor. Vitor was inconsistent for years, and then he just captured some form and became a stone cold killer again (Silva loss aside). Dude is on serious form at the moment.
Rampage made Chuck look like he was shot. Phone Post 3.0

rise AND fall.

Mark Coleman. any non tuf noob should know nobody has had the triumphs and the disappointments of the real Hammer.

he first skyrocketed to the place of the baddest man alive by winning ufc tournies and beating dan severn in a supermatch. nobody, not even the brazilians wanted to fuck with him.

then he fell from grace, getting beat in one of the biggest upsets ever by mo smith and then ko'd to bolivia by petey williams and lost out of the ufc with loss to the rock rizzo.

nobody thought he could ever be anything more. people bet their houses against him.... mark reminded people later in his career never to do that ..... ever.

he became the baddest man on the planet by winning the greatest tourney to that date... including tapping out the king of tournies in igor vovchanchyn and then going on a run before being dethroned again by nog, crocop , fedor.....

Sakuraba

Burkman