Biggest gate in North American MMA history and yet

The numbers don't lie. The card was HUGE and it absolutely fucking delivered. Yet this place is so full of negative retards all they want to do is bitch. The entire main card was amazing. There were two incredible flying knee KOs. An instant classic fight with Robbie and Rory. A young charismatic guy taking another step toward greatness.

Instead of celebrating it let's put on tinfoil hats and make the same ridiculous threads over and over about negative things like Herb was paid off or stopped it way early. Mendes took a dive etc.

Love him or hate him Conor put asses in seats and sold the hell out of this show. It brought in more press and more viewers and money than anything since Brock and it wasn't just a good ppv it was AMAZING! If that card didn't win over fans I don't know what will. Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken -

Conor didn't sell anything, the UFC did. If the UFC put the same amount of advertising and exposure to any other athelete in the ufc they could of done just as big of gate/numbers.

No Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken -

Conor didn't sell anything, the UFC did. If the UFC put the same amount of advertising and exposure to any other athelete in the ufc they could of done just as big of gate/numbers.

Lmao shhhhhhhh troll Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken -

HAHAHAHAHA.

No Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken -

Troll Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken -

And another negative post, what is wrong with you people? Most of this forum looks at everything with the glass half empty, I don't get it Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken - 

this...they put half as much promotion into jones vs cormier which may not be the biggest ever but was there biggest event in a long long time. and neither of those guys even really TRIED to sell that fight minus the bullshit "scuffle"

if the ufc put there hype machine and resources behind there champions and contenders more often, to build stars alongside the ufc brand, they would be able to pull in a million ppv buys more regularly...

not to mention the card was entirely stacked...that did have a lot too do with it. the next biggest draw in jones pulls out of a fight and they cancel the whole event because they pinched pennies putting the card together...

they promoted pettis like he was an absolute anhiallator and like RDA didnt have a snowballs chance, and now they have a guy who wasnt expected to win at the top of a division with no buzz around him.

glad connor is getting the buzz but people are delusional to think that "IT" factor doesnt have something to do with the fancy outfits, expensive houses and cars, and how often the ufc pays a cameraman to follow you around editing your promos together.

clearly some fighters make it harder to market..being non english speaking etc...but the ufc has never even attempted to promote guys like that as much as they quietly root for them to lose in lieu of an easier way of self promotion

Good post OP.

Case in point, the first response. Phone Post 3.0

The UG is a cess pit these days. That was the best night of fights I've ever witnessed and you come on here and it's wall to wall trolling, conspiracy theories about fixed fights and abusing fighters.

The volume of horrible cunts around this place is staggering.

Rock the Gaspare -
Hadouken -

And another negative post, what is wrong with you people? Most of this forum looks at everything with the glass half empty, I don't get it Phone Post 3.0
Bring up Nick Diaz. See if anyone actually talks about his fighting rather than weed and the 209. Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken -

So Conor wasn't going on every media outlet he could selling this? Yes the UFC put a lot of promotion behind him. But he did a ton of the work. Phone Post 3.0

VinegarStrokes - The numbers don't lie. The card was HUGE and it absolutely fucking delivered. Yet this place is so full of negative retards all they want to do is bitch. The entire main card was amazing. There were two incredible flying knee KOs. An instant classic fight with Robbie and Rory. A young charismatic guy taking another step toward greatness.

Instead of celebrating it let's put on tinfoil hats and make the same ridiculous threads over and over about negative things like Herb was paid off or stopped it way early. Mendes took a dive etc.

Love him or hate him Conor put asses in seats and sold the hell out of this show. It brought in more press and more viewers and money than anything since Brock and it wasn't just a good ppv it was AMAZING! If that card didn't win over fans I don't know what will. Phone Post 3.0
Your post makes a great point....it's gotta be hard to make that post without sounding hypocritical lol. It might be impossible to make a positive post about people being negative, but I like that you said it Phone Post 3.0

VinegarStrokes - 
Hadouken -

So Conor wasn't going on every media outlet he could selling this? Yes the UFC put a lot of promotion behind him. But he did a ton of the work. Phone Post 3.0

but wasnt he selling every UFC sponsored product and getting paid for it unlike every other fighter? maybe give them a few bones and they...like robbie lawler, rory, or one of the other GREAT fighters could have found some way to be able to promote something as prestigious as "Game of War"...my hat goes off to conor he had a TON of pressure on him and did what he had to do and put the time in, but i think given the ability to build on there personalities with these types of opportunities could really help many others just as it has for connor. hopefully its the new model and they will be reinvesting a lot of the big money from cards like this, and inevitably aldo vs connor into there stars and contenders as well as champions...none of which (besides connors 2nd place belt) do they currently seem to be ready to promote as stars the way connor has.

AnotherDecision -
Hadouken - 

this...they put half as much promotion into jones vs cormier which may not be the biggest ever but was there biggest event in a long long time. and neither of those guys even really TRIED to sell that fight minus the bullshit "scuffle"

if the ufc put there hype machine and resources behind there champions and contenders more often, to build stars alongside the ufc brand, they would be able to pull in a million ppv buys more regularly...

not to mention the card was entirely stacked...that did have a lot too do with it. the next biggest draw in jones pulls out of a fight and they cancel the whole event because they pinched pennies putting the card together...

they promoted pettis like he was an absolute anhiallator and like RDA didnt have a snowballs chance, and now they have a guy who wasnt expected to win at the top of a division with no buzz around him.

glad connor is getting the buzz but people are delusional to think that "IT" factor doesnt have something to do with the fancy outfits, expensive houses and cars, and how often the ufc pays a cameraman to follow you around editing your promos together.

clearly some fighters make it harder to market..being non english speaking etc...but the ufc has never even attempted to promote guys like that as much as they quietly root for them to lose in lieu of an easier way of self promotion
The fuck is wrong with both of you? To answer the 2nd poster jones and dc were fucking EVERYWHERE promoting that fight. I saw that ESPN and shuffle video everywhere. Guess what? It did great business. In order to get the machine to back you have to make noise. The guys that make noise get the promotions it's fucking simple. That's how individual sports work. This isn't the NFL where the belief is the name on the front of jersey matters more than the back. This an individual sport and only you are going to promote you. Phone Post 3.0

commonsense517 - 
AnotherDecision -
Hadouken - 

The fuck is wrong with both of you? To answer the 2nd poster jones and dc were fucking EVERYWHERE promoting that fight. I saw that ESPN and shuffle video everywhere. Guess what? It did great business. In order to get the machine to back you have to make noise. The guys that make noise get the promotions it's fucking simple. That's how individual sports work. This isn't the NFL where the belief is the name on the front of jersey matters more than the back. This an individual sport and only you are going to promote you. Phone Post 3.0

congratulations, your name is gray and you know dick. i know what the new age of mma is like, and its why im distant and spend little money or mind on it. the ufc did put a lot into DC and jones compared to the other 60 cards a year, but id say it was half the promotion of this fight...which had another title fight on it that went nearly entirely unpromoted. you really sound like a petulant teenager with your "what do you expect" attitude, what i expect is nothing new nor is it something im fighting the sport about...but you can pretty easily tell when theyre force feeding there golden boy silver spoons to shit out, while other warriors who have put there time in just dont get there due. im not asking for overhyping everyone, just giving some folks there due. i wouldnt expect you to understand, your fucking retarded.

If you are complaining at last nights card, you will never enjoy mma. Not the right sport for you. Phone Post 3.0

TexasBadAss - If you are complaining at last nights card, you will never enjoy mma. Not the right sport for you. Phone Post 3.0
This. It was unanimously the best card ever among my friends and we have watched basically every card since ufc 90 Phone Post 3.0

From Brown and Thatch on it was one exciting fight after another. It was finish after finish in back and forth wars. And yet there is a lot of people complaining. Phone Post 3.0

AnotherDecision -
commonsense517 - 
AnotherDecision -
Hadouken - 

congratulations, your name is gray and you know dick. i know what the new age of mma is like, and its why im distant and spend little money or mind on it. the ufc did put a lot into DC and jones compared to the other 60 cards a year, but id say it was half the promotion of this fight...which had another title fight on it that went nearly entirely unpromoted. you really sound like a petulant teenager with your "what do you expect" attitude, what i expect is nothing new nor is it something im fighting the sport about...but you can pretty easily tell when theyre force feeding there golden boy silver spoons to shit out, while other warriors who have put there time in just dont get there due. im not asking for overhyping everyone, just giving some folks there due. i wouldnt expect you to understand, your fucking retarded.
So 70% of your response is to talk shit about me and not accept the fact that the business model is inclined to put money behind guys that will make the company money? Spew as much crap as you want but if I'm running a company I'm not putting money behind a guy like Aldo (who I'm a big fan of) or mark hunt (also a fan of) if they won't put in the time and effort to get out there and sell a fight. Phone Post 3.0

Hadouken - 

You're in denial if you dont think the fighters and their drama has nothing to do with fight promotion.

Let go of the hate and insecurity.