Equal bets [$655]
majhol calls [$655]

** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]

majhol checks.
Equal bets [$695]
majhol is all-In.
Equal calls [$1679.75]

Equal shows [ As, Qh ]a pair of Aces.

majhol shows [ Qc, Jc ]a straight Ten to Ace.

majhol wins $6971.50 from the main pot with a straight, Ten to Ace.

Total loss: $3,469.75

What did you put him on ?

those seemed like pot sized bets, dude must have shit for brains to keep calling. i hope u bagged and tagged that cock so u can jump on his table and ruin him later

Naughty, he was a huge fish, so I didnt need to "put him on" anything - most of the time he had shit.

Regarding the river call, I had seen him bluff rivers a couple times as a last ditch effort to win the pot. Plus I was getting 3 to 1.

Should've taken the check on the river. Looks as though you can't beat much, unless you were trying to induce a bluff?

ouch man, that sucks. At least if that's the way he plays, then you know you can win it back off him later

i don't know if this is the wrong play,

but i usually check the river at this point if i only have top pair for this very reason.

i figure if they stick around this long calling raises they must have something.

do you play this different if the guy wasn't a fish?

I would have checked the river...then again i'm a pussy and would never play at those stakes.

In my mind i would have put him on trips.

thanks was just curious. PR plays bigger stakes than anyone on this thread so I think he knows what he's doing !

"Naughty, he was a huge fish, so I didnt need to "put him on" anything - most of the time he had shit.

Regarding the river call, I had seen him bluff rivers a couple times as a last ditch effort to win the pot. Plus I was getting 3 to 1. "

Yeah normally against reasonable players I would check the river, or check the turn and call a river bet.

I did almost check the river, becuase the pot was getting big, but this guy would pay off $700 with almost any pair, so a vlaue bet was mandatory. Many many players dont value bet the river enough... you lose a lot of value checking the river.

No offense, but your value bet tipped off your hand, and he stacked you. He outplayed you on the river.

For the record, he has a small window of a range for hands.

Ax suited, KJ and KQ isn't in there. AT/AJ isn't in there.Suited connectors are def. in there. TT or 88 coul be as well, but poorly played.

Your positional re-raise tipped a pair (a big one,you aren't raising there with JJ), or AK imo. So now he knows what you have, and you have no idea on him.

Flop comes beautiful for him, a DGSSD. He also knows you hit that ace, if not trips. He obv isn't chasing a flush here. His card hits the river, and you bite thinking TPTK is good. You value bet, and he jammed.. he shoulda put some more in on the flop, imo...

"No offense, but your value bet tipped off your hand, and he stacked you. He outplayed you on the river."

rofl @ this. First of all, when he checks the river, he hasn't seen my value bet yet. And then when I bet he shoves with the NUTS, which isnt that brilliant of a play.

"For the record, he has a small window of a range for hands."

You have no idea how big a fish this guy was. He was running at 85/9, that means he plays 85% of his hands, but only raises preflop 9% of them. He also would call most flop bets with any pair any draw, yes thats even if he has 22 and the flop if AKQ.

Hey, PR, how much money do you make per year playing poker and how big is your bankroll?

Anyway, gotta run. I've gotta tell Tito Ortiz why he totally sucks as a fighter and give Crocop some advice on how to improve his kicking.

lol @ Flash.

Great analysis phydeau.

"(BTW PR, you should have checked behind on the river. Top pair isn't a hand to go broke with.)"

Against a decent opponent I agree with you 100%. Against this guy, NO WAY IN HELL. Maybe I'll dig up some other HH's on this guy so you guys can see what a fish he was.

Seat 4: majhol ( $5066.50 )

Seat 5: Equal ( $2838 )

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to Equal [ Qs Td ]

LUCKYSTR1KES folds.
lastLazyGun folds.
majhol calls [$10]
Equal raises [$50]
i_Fish_ folds.
majhol calls [$45]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 3d, 9c, Js ]

Equal bets [$110]
majhol calls [$110]

** Dealing Turn ** [ Qd ]

Equal bets [$240]
majhol calls [$240]

** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]

Equal bets [$650]
majhol calls [$650]

Equal shows [ Qs, Td ]a straight Nine to King.

majhol doesn't show [ Ks, 9d ]two pairs, Kings and Nines.

Equal wins $2118 from the main pot with a straight, Nine to King.

Here he open limps (bad), and calls a preflop raise out of position with K9o (AWFUL). He calls the flop which is fine, but then calls the turn (AWFUL). River is probably fine.

Seat 4: majhol ( $6979.50 )
Seat 5: Equal ( $2007 )

** Dealing down cards **

Dealt to Equal [ As Ks ]

Equal raises [$45]
LUCKYSTR1KES folds.
gongtai folds.
lastLazyGun folds.
majhol calls [$35]

** Dealing Flop ** [ 7d, Kh, 5h ]

majhol bets [$30]
Equal raises [$120]
majhol calls [$90]

** Dealing Turn ** [ 8c ]

majhol checks.
Equal bets [$290]
majhol calls [$290]

** Dealing River ** [ 3s ]

majhol bets [$420]
Equal calls [$420]

majhol shows [ 6d, Jh ]high card King.

Equal shows [ As, Ks ]a pair of Kings.

Equal wins $1753 from the main pot with a pair of Kings.

Here he calls a preflop raise with jack six offsuit. The BETS the flop with NO PAIR NO DRAW, and THEN calls a RAISE. Then he calls a turn bet AGAIN out of position with only a straight draw. Then HE DONK BETS THE RIVER WITH JACK HIGH into a guy that raised preflop, raised the flop and potted the turn. and his bet is so small on the river, less than half the pot, I'm getting over 3 to 1 to call.

Just those two hands plus the original show dude does not understand the fundamentals. He's the MMA equivalent of a fighter that tries to trade with Liddell but out-wrestle Hughes.

BTW phydeau I recommend at least 50 buyins for NL. :)

You seem to have a good grasp on the game... why you struggling to beat the lowest limits?

"And then when I bet he shoves with the NUTS, which isnt that brilliant of a play."

This is the only part i disagree with. You have represented a strong hand and with him checkraising all in he isn't over betting the pot....like you said you were getting 3-1 on the call. Considering the probable strength of your hand and the size of the pot I think this was his only play on the river.