Biggest Missed Opportunity in MMA

After watching his career enter the shadow realm this weekend I couldn’t help think “Why didn’t Jeremy Stephens ever throw a bottle or jump over the table at Conor?” during the infamous UFC 205 press conference. Could have made himself a millionaire and not the punchline of the most famous MMA one-liner in history.

3 Likes

He froze…he didn’t expect that barb from Conor and the mental midget couldn’t think on the fly.

7 Likes

Biggest missed opportunity was Rickson vs Sakuraba & Fedor vs Brock.

7 Likes

Who?

Still pissed we never got to see Jones vs Rumble

2 Likes

A healthy Cain

1 Like

Rumor has it that Randleman got offered a shot at Tito’s title and got so excited he broke his hand punching a wall causing him to miss the fight. If true i would say that was a big one i think he would have likely beaten Tito.

4 Likes

Fedor vs. Brock, Anderson vs. GSP, GSP vs. Khabib, Randy vs. Crocop.

Maybe Cyborg vs. Ronda or yamma 2 for the shitshows.

3 Likes

Khabib vs Ferguson considering all the times that fight got booked and fell through.

5 Likes

Fedor/Couture

4 Likes

Brock Lesnar getting into MMA training right after college

1 Like

when jones toe broke in half vs chael… chael was almost champ
maybe if he had pointed out the toe to the ref during the round…

2 Likes

As far as missed fight opportunities…

Fedor/Couture

Prime Nick Diaz vs Mayhem Miller

Evan Tanner vs Matt Hughes (Hughes was going to move up to 185 and coach TUF against Tanner, but his friend Rich Franklin won the fight)

Tony vs Khabib anytime before 2017.

Anderson vs GSP. Joe Rogan even said on air in Abu Dhabi “if Anderson Silva wins this fight, GSP is going to move up to 185 and fight him”. But then he had a lackluster fight, Dana threatened to cut him. Fight slipped away.

That Silva GSP thing was never close to happening imo. Joe said that but I don’t think it was true. Of Dana and GSP had wanted it it would have happened

2 Likes

Tito vs guy metzer 2

Fedor vs couture/Barnett/Brock

Ken shamrock dropping out of two tournaments. That’s one thing that always got me about him. As great as he was he never won the ufc tournament

Tito & Guy are 1-1.

3 Likes

That’s right I forgot bout the first fight. Ortiz vs mezger 3 then

Pele had the fight in a he bag, then loses it

1 Like

RDA not cashing in the Mcgregor fight and possibly stopping the Conor train dead in its tracks.

2 Likes

Kimbo vs Liddell, Tito or the James Toney UFC fight

James Toney vs Liddell