Biggest name you've trained with..

KickPunchr -

Hominick, Stout, and Horodecki for me. The Adrenalin/Tomp

I never got to train with Hominick, but I saw him training at the gym once. He was unbelievably fast. I had no clue who he was at the time. 

rolled with most of the guys ar Serras as well as Matt and Nick.Hybrid Jon,Greg DePasquale.Space Monkey Brian Borzell

Royce but it was more of a seminar .. some of the really talented  fighters I've trained with was Ricardo lamas, Myles jury , sean sherk, Matt Hughes ,  daronCruickshank, Cody staman 

1 Like

I've trained with a lot of great MMA and BJJ peeps including some BJJ legends.

Lets see but biggest name?

Probably Rickson back in 98. For MMA would likely be BJ Penn or Robbie Lawler. I've been fortunate to train with a lot of notable MMA fighters and BJJ greats only because IMHO, it was really a small circle back then, Now they are big names..back then if you trained with them people would say that's pretty kool, nowadays they say "No way! You trained with Royler Gracie?" Or Royce? 

Probably cause I'm getting pretty old. 

1 Like

Josh Barnett and Erik Paulson 

1 Like

Antoni Hardonk. Dude is f-ing huge with legs like tree trunks. Super nice guy.

BasBang - Antoni Hardonk. Dude is f-ing huge with legs like tree trunks. Super nice guy.

I couldn't imagine trying to check one of his kicks.

DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

Dawodu, guys an animal 

The German guy ?  Rolled w him few times he's ok I guess lol

Not really "trained with" but did a seminar with Rob Kaman. Used to read about him in the martial arts magazines when I was a kid and even at over 40 I was totally in awe meeting my childhood idle. He was a really nice guy and taught some great stuff

trained at same gym as saenchai in Thailand and that was awesome too.

2breath2feel -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

Dawodu, guys an animal 

Hakeem Dawodu. Trains out of Calgary, AB

uniquetechnique -

Probably Rickson back in 98. For MMA would likely be BJ Penn or Robbie Lawler. I've been fortunate to train with a lot of notable MMA fighters and BJJ greats only because IMHO, it was really a small circle back then, Now they are big names..back then if you trained with them people would say that's pretty kool, nowadays they say "No way! You trained with Royler Gracie?" Or Royce? 

Wow, hell of a list. You must have some good stories!!

soreshins -
2breath2feel -
DontLeaveItToTheJudges -

Dawodu, guys an animal 

Hakeem Dawodu. Trains out of Calgary, AB

Lol ok . I think zawudu or something like that is who I'm thinking of 

Samoa -

Enson Inoue

Enson is the man !!

uniquetechnique -

I'm from this era too

cool !!

I went to a John Danaher seminar and he patted my head and told me I was doing a good job. Made me wonder if he thought I was autistic. 

3 Likes

Firas Zahabi

1 Like
BJTT-BigDaddy -

I went to a John Danaher seminar and he patted my head and told me I was doing a good job. Made me wonder if he thought I was autistic. 

Yes!

MayorPirkle -

Firas Zahabi

One of the best coaches ever. 

Hard to say but if I break it down by art in case anyone is curious about a particular teacher (These were definitely teachers teaching a student lessons not "training partners"):

Gracie Jiujitsu: Helio, Carlson, Rorion, Relson, Royce, Rickson, Ryron, Rener

Sport Brazilian Jiujitsu: Marcelo Garcia, Eddie Bravo, Soneca

Wrestling: Ben Askren

Judo: Keiko Fukuda, Kodokan teachers, Jimmy Pedro, Fred Sato

Muay Thai: Chai Sirichute

Wing Chun: Francis Fong

JKD/Kali: Dan Inosanto

Aikido: Ueshiba Kisshomaru

Tae Kwon Do: Moo H. Kim

1 Like
dinkledorf -
Acidic -

Cecil Peoples lol he was funny as fuck and blind as a bat

honestly though Manny g

Manny looked so fucking strong in his prime. After TUF I thought he was going to run through everybody

He's a fucking tank. He was just not in the right weight class & wasn't as tall as listed at all. His KO over Jorge santago and Mike brown was impressive as fuck