Biggest Pis Off's

It's exam time, so I don't have a ton of time to research, but here is a passage that generally explains what I'm trying to get at:

"Whereas professionals tend to create, conceptualize, consult and instruct, most Americans do not enjoy a high degree of independence in their work as they merely follow set instructions.[7][24] Many of these working class workers are most commonly, due to their income, called middle-middle or statistical middle class. Class models such as the ones brought forth by Dennis Gilbert or Thompson and Hickey estimate that roughly 53% of Americans are members of the working or lower classes.[2][6]

It is the nature of their work and lack of influence that leads some to come to the conclusion that most Americans are working class. The majority of workers are not paid to share their thoughts and ideas as much as professionals. They are commonly closely supervised and do not enjoy a great deal of independence in their jobs. They are also not commonly paid to think and their thoughts are not often sought by their employer organizations or clients, which leads to a lack of influence. A dentist's office offers itself as an example.[7] In May 2004, dentists had a median income of $129,920, indicating a high degree of scarcity for qualified personnel. The opinion and thoughts of dentists, much like those of other professionals, are sought after by their organization and clients. The dentist creates a diagnosis, consults the patient, and conceptualizes a treatment.[26] Dental hygienists made roughly $28 an hour, about $56,000 annually or $36,000 as many do not work forty hours a week. Unlike dentists, dental hygienists do not have much influence over the treatment of patients.[27] They merely carry out routine procedures and follow the dentists' instructions. As a result dental hygienists may be referred to as being working class, even though two successful dental hygienists could out earn one dentist. Similar relationships can be observed in other occupations, such as between professors, journalists, and economists on the one hand, and their researchers on the other."

the term 'working class' being slowly changed into 'middle class' is an interesting phenomenon. Its a way to control the masses (i.e. you and me). There are a million other examples of this type of linguistic changes to placeate the public.

What pisses me off? Nothing. Its alll good ! (puff puff) :)

You can always pay for the service and deduct the cost of it on your medical expenses at income tax time.

BTW, dual income, no kids. = DINK.

That acronym always makes me laugh.

Anyway, I work with Ontario Works clients every day and I also was married to an Ontario Works employee.

You would not believe the stories...

"Your just using terms and statistic to prove your point."

This made me chuckle.

Today I waited forever for an elevator, I was the first to be waiting and when the damn thing finally comes all the people who waited after me piled into it, before I did. It almost had no room for me to get on, so I just barged on and claimed my spot.

There was 4 elevators and the one that came wasn't right near me so others had no consideration for myself who had been waiting forever.

Fitch nuthuggers piss me off!!!

Another thing that pisses me off is:

An old co-op student comes into your workplace to shoot the shit with another staff worker. The problem is, is that she was a lazy ass, who consumed space in the office, created more work than necessary, talked shit, created office drama, and is an idiot.

Everyone dislikes her execept that staff membershe visits, the problem is that staff member is great and just doesn't care and enjoys the company.

I am seating here right now having to hear her voice and it Pisses me off.....

You are a very angry person. The only thing anger got my dad was diabetes, angina and sleep apnea. I recommend a lifestyle change. Move to the islands..........

As a professional in the consumer research industry I must say that income has only a small impact on the distinction between working class and middle class. Education and job occupation are generally considered to have much more to do with the "class" than $. I.e. a high school educated GM employee will typically make more than or equal to a university educated teacher. Only the teacher is middle class. It has to do with behaviors and perceptions more than power all of course of which are very broad generalizations.

It also seems to me that people on this thread think being working class is bad... why?

As an aside - median household income in Canada in 2001 = $47,071 so the $50,000 mark wasn't to bad for a middle value pick.

The fact JHR and ShowdownJoe don't post on the Canadian forum very often anymore pisses me off too!

the condom flew across the room because it was pissed off.

Going to DQ today and getting a Oreo Blizzard, she puts a lid on it as I am driving, I get home and there's barely any Oreo's. Not a single big piece, mere sand in ice cream. What a RIP OFF when you pay close to $5 for it.

"the condom flew across the room because it was pissed off."

LMAO Rowan!!