Biggest Pride Mismatch Ever?

Schilt vs Shoji

Sapp/Minatauro

I know Mino won, but a 170 lb weight differential shouldn't be allowed.

If it is, bring on the 30 lb'ers.  I'll take 'em all!

"I heard the same "No, really, he's awesome" stuff about Kanehara and Tamura."

Kanehara doesn't have a good style for Pride rules. He does great under RINGS rules, but I knew Vanderlei would kick his ass.

I also knew Vanderlei would kick Tamura's ass. I was surprised it went past the first round. Tamura has never done well against strikers, and also doesn't do well against bigger fighters (a double whammy for fighting Vanderlei).

But Minowa can take one hell of a shot and he deals well with a size difference. He's incredibly strong. Vanderlei will win. But it'll be exciting and Minowa will give a good show of it.

LOL@'Theanswer'.

RYAN G,

My bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

coleman vs goes was a pretty good mismatch

...or a Kerr

Minowa vs Jackson was a pretty good fight, even tho he took a beating i thought it was the best fight of the show. Its too bad the guy is extremely fun to watch and pride sets up these awful matches where people will think he is just another can

Anybody against a Japanese guy is usually a mismatch.

Minowa took a horrible beating from Rampage. It looked a lot like the Frye-Betteti and Horn-Takase fights. That was a very irresponsible match for Pride to put together.

But...it only figures that he'd be fighting Vanderlei next. Minowa is going to get hurt really bad.

I don't know if Minowa would be Top 10 at 170 or not. I know Tamura and Rampage had serious size on him...but they also seemed to be the more skilled and athletic fighters.

But, I got to give Minowa some props. Rampage kneed him hard in the head like 25 times and spiked him on his head a couple of times. He's a tough mother fucker...and a little crazy as well I think...LOL

These type of matches are comparable to the Coliseum days when the Christians were feed to the lions.
Its for entertainment purposes.

People dont give minowa enough credit, he is a good fighter and very exciting.

Although I do expect vanderlei to beat him no problem, minowa would be tough for any fighter at 185. At 170 theres no telling how good he could be.

Those odds do look like takase vs anderson silva odds :)

"Vanderlei Silva vs. Minowa has got to be the biggest Pride mismatch EVER, and its the main event of Bushido!"

Minowa will do better than Saku did atleast...

japanese tomato can fighters (with the exception of sakuraba) it's a mismatch usually.

yep