Biggest reason a WMMA UFC headliner is a mistake

in before another WNBA comparison Phone Post

I think it should be co main. Machida vs Hendo is just a much bigger fight.

Im not an DFW fan but hes a visionary if he wants this to work he will make it work no matter what the haters say. As much as I hate most of the BS he does. Im proud how much MMA has grown because of him

Henderson vs. Feijao lost viewers after the Carmouche vs. Coenen fight.

You're crazy if you think Henderson vs. Machida is going to be a bigger fight to the average person than Rousey's UFC debut.

Wait for the week of the fight. It'll be obvious to everyone but the most stubborn and dense.

In my experience announcing... the WMMA fights always do great with the crowd.

Invicta has done very well, bringing WMMA to the mainstream. Putting relatively unknown fighters on, and getting great reviews.

These ladies fight hard. I've only seen a few women's fights, where it seems like someone is giving up. I don't know if it's pain tolerance, grit, or what... but they generally don't give up.

Rousey/Carmouche does bigger numbers than most Hendo fights (and I love Hendo), but Rousey is polarizing. All over the media, and has more presence than Carano ever did.

Dana doesn't generally jump into something, unless he knows it'll work. This will work.

dipsheet - The arena will be half empty as folks exit following Hendo/Machida. This will look horrible on TV.
Put the first UFC women's bout on the undercard & make the hardcores "sit through it". They'll then know what they have & stick around for the next one.
This is not a slam on WMMA, of which I'm a fan. It's just a good idea

Plus their periods attract bears Phone Post

Still have zero interest in watching Rousey vs *insert random woman I've never heard of*.

The fight is a gimmic and thats the basis theyre trying to sell it on.  Its not being billed as Rousey vs Carmouche, its being billed as 'First female UFC champ' vs 'First openly gay fighter in the UFC'.