Biggest scandal in chess history

Not even close to being the biggest chess scandal.

Did people forget toilet gate (yes, that’s a thing)? The 1984 match interrupted was also a huge scandal.

1 Like

This story reminds me of the “scandal” with the Donkey Kong dork that was apparently cheating using an emulator

1 Like

Do expound. I’ve never hear of toilet gate. And which 1984 match are you talking about?

2 Likes

I’ve also looked at the Carlsen-Niemann game closely. No evidence that Niemann cheated (he blundered twice a winning position). That said, he has cheated in the past on at least 2 occasions, so I understand the suspicions.

2 Likes

Toilet gate: Topalov vs Kramnik | 2006 World Chess Championship - Chess.com

The 1984 match: Karpov was leading 5-0 in the first-to-6 match. Kasparov won 3 games to make it 5-3 and rumours came out that Karpov was exhausted. The president of FIDE unilaterally declared the match void on a whim.

2 Likes

for anyone trying to catch up;

Unfortunately, I can’t watch it at the moment.

Can anyone give me the quick recap please?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I thought the biggest scandal was when the reclusive Bobby Fischer surfaced after 9/11 to say how awesome it was and America deserved it?

“ This flew under most people’s radar until September 11, 2001. On the day of the attacks, Fischer was invited onto Filipino radio for an interview, and here’s some of what he had to say:

Yes, well, this is all wonderful news. It’s time for the fucking US to get their heads kicked in. It’s time to finish off the US once and for all.

Yes, I applaud the act. . . . Fuck the US. I want to see the US wiped out.

The United States is based on lies. It’s based on theft. Look at all I have done for the US. Nobody has single-handedly done more for the US than me. I really believe this. You know, when I won the World Championship in 1972, the United States had an image of a football country, a baseball country, but nobody thought of it as an intellectual country. I turned that all around single-handedly, right?

But I’m hoping for a Seven Days in May scenario, where sane people will take over the US. . . . Sane people, military people. Yes. They will imprison the Jews, they will execute several hundred thousand of them at least.

I say, death to President Bush! I say death to the United States. Fuck the United States! Fuck the Jews! The Jews are a criminal people. They mutilate their children. They’re murderous, criminal, thieving, lying bastards. They made up the Holocaust. There’s not a word of truth to it. . . . This is a wonderful day. Fuck the United States. Cry, you crybabies! Whine, you bastards! Now your time is coming.[2]

3 Likes

The JQ has been known to drive people insane

2 Likes

niemann didnt make the final, could have had another match-up with magnus

magnus declined to talk about the niemann thing but said he was impressed with his play and that his mentor must be doing a very good job (sounded like a veiled accusation maybe)

It was definitely a veiled accusation. Dlugy, his mentor, was busted for cheating online.

3 Likes

My bad. That was just my dinner. Didnt mean to cause such a misunderstanding.

2 Likes

the latest drama - a “former 2800+ player” analyzed niemann’s games and he supposedly had way more 100% and 90% games than you would ever expect

as i understand it a “100% game” is when every move you make is one of the top 3 moves possible according to the computer analyzation program they use, 90% obviously then means 90% of your moves are top 3 possible

im trying to find the exact tweet i saw to confirm i read it right, i think i have it correct tho - something like “top GM’s might have 1 or 2 100% games ever and hans has had 10 in the last 3 years and a ton more 90% games than anyone else”

2 Likes

oh and magnus has said that he will be “clearing things up some time this week” - whatever that means.

Untitled

1 Like

Mother fucker is a cheating piece of shit

1 Like

Free Hans!!!

Fuck Hans Cheatermann

Autocorrect changed “MANAGER” to “manager”?

Clearly you screwed up and are blaming it on computers, much like Magnus Carlson.

But since Google and all the tech companies shadowban us and suspend our accounts if we tell the truth too much, it’s possible for them to send instructions to your individual phone making the autocorrect mess you up constantly. Mine just decides I should use a different word even if I typed it correctly.

1 Like