• Nuclear or biological war
  • Over population
  • Global pandemic
  • Elite killing us off
  • Covid 20
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

I think it will be peak oil and resource depletion. Seems to be what causes most civilizations to decline the most. Without abundant cheap oil I think we lose 70% of the population pretty quickly

1 Like

Could be the fact that we live on a rock with a finite lifespan.

1 Like

Would deforestation fall in the resource depletion category?

Does overpopulation fall into resource depletion?

American Military Industrial Complex.

1 Like

Depends. Wood was once the fuel of civilizations. They used it to smelt metals like iron, silver and gold. When they ran out of trees some societies like England lucked out and discovered coal , then oil. There is nothing to replace oil though so shit is going to go backwards, hopefully it is gradual where we can de grow our economy and society

Marxism

4 Likes

Good answer but I think this is tied to the elite. No bucks no bombs

Overpopulation is the cause of most of those problems and the one that’s hardest to solve without some severely autoritarian or unethical policies.

3 Likes

The Undertaker

3 Likes

You know retards have been predicting peak oil for over 100 years now, right?

1 Like

Yeah, but it’s a real thing. There isn’t an infinite supply of oil. At some point we run out of it.

Asteroid ftw.

I was thinking more of the Earths oxygen output shitting the bed once the rainforests are gone

Democrats

3 Likes

AI

1 Like

Social media

1 Like

Fortunately there’s a process through which this gets naturally addressed.

As oil (or any other resource, process/method, etc) starts to become scarce, its price naturally increases. When the price of the currently popular resource increases, alternative solutions which were previously cost prohibitive, become viable. As the new solutions becomes viable and gain in acceptance/popularity, competition to the market drives efficiencies, and brings prices down.

Now I’m not saying we should use up all the oil, or that we should wait to explore alternatives. Just that there’s a process that resource depletion naturally follows that leads to alternatives arising

2 Likes