Bill Cosby is Such a Dummy

He's being completely honest in his deposition. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my life.

"Did you have romantic relations with the 19 year old girl."

Cosby: "oh hell yeah she was hot."

"Did you have quaaludes?"

Cosby: "yes indeed but I never took them, I only gave them to girls I party with."

I have never seen such an honest deposition. Which begs the question. If you're a rapist but you're an extremely honest rapist, are you a moral person?

My mind is boggled at his responses. Does he even have counsel? Phone Post 3.0

Uhh....no. It does not beg that question. Phone Post 3.0

You need to have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up Phone Post 3.0

actionj83 - Uhh....no. It does not beg that question. Phone Post 3.0
Lol at voting me down for making an observation Phone Post 3.0

How do you know he's completely honest? It's a deposition. He could be leaving things out despite disclosing what he has. Phone Post 3.0

I've never bothered to vote anyone down, and sure as fuck wouldn't start with you. Phone Post 3.0

"Begs the question" does not mean "raises the question".

I think Cosby honestly believes:

-drugging women was a culturally acceptable means of getting laid;
-showing up to his room implies consent for same;
-he's not guilty.

...& I think in some of those cases, he might actually have been right.

Certainly seems to be the legal argument he's taken.

& no, being honest about your violent actions does not make them morally sound. Was that a legitimate question?

Scientific breakthrough: sociopath doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong.

BarkLikeADog - & no, being honest about your violent actions does not make them morally sound. Was that a legitimate question?
Lol Phone Post 3.0

I don't think Quaaludes were some date rape only drug like you see them as. They were a depressant party drug, like booze. So perhaps in his head him admitting to giving them is just like saying "yeah I'd buy drinks for girls I wanted to have sex with, a few drinks makes it easier and more likely".
I think his argument is that he did give them, he did have sex, but it wasn't rape. That's a much more difficult to disprove position than him claiming he never had sex with them, or never had Quaaludes, both of which can be falsified. His argument then boils down to the old "she was inebriated and consented - but was it rape" saga.

Not saying I agree with him btw, just trying to shed some light on why he's happy to admit that.

Quaaludes were a party drug. The ecstasy of the day. Not a date rape drug. They called them disco biscuits. My mom talked about taking them when she was partying in the 70's.

Basically, I read it like this: Cosby said he bought drugs for girls he partied with to let them get high. He never said he slipped girls the drugs.

Skpotamus - Quaaludes were a party drug. The ecstasy of the day. Not a date rape drug. They called them disco biscuits. My mom talked about taking them when she was partying in the 70's.

Basically, I read it like this: Cosby said he bought drugs for girls he partied with to let them get high. He never said he slipped girls the drugs.
Your mum was drugged by Bill Cosby?!
I guess % wise you're probably not alone on this forum. Phone Post 3.0

Skpotamus - Quaaludes were a party drug. The ecstasy of the day. Not a date rape drug. They called them disco biscuits. My mom talked about taking them when she was partying in the 70's.

So basically your mom told you that she was... never mind bro. Phone Post 3.0

How do you know he's a rapist?

Maybe all the women were whores and did shit for dope.

I've seen a lot of women do that.

NicolasRGC - Scientific breakthrough: sociopath doesn't realize what he's doing is wrong.
Nice haha Phone Post 3.0

OriginalTUFer - ryans has the correct.

Unfortunately, they are trying to use a modern "legal" concept to judge his previous behavior. What he did was perfectly fine back in the day, so it's against public policy to try to retroactively criminalize his conduct.

Perhaps there's evidence out there, but I don't believe he slipped anyone drugs, so I don't believe he did anything worthy of punishment. Phone Post 3.0

Depends how fucked up they were. Was it just a party drug indeed or did he slip them that much that they didn't know what they were doing anymore? And how do you prove this 40 years later? One thing's for sure this guy is a perv, question is is he a rapist.

2005 deposition:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2158445-cosby-deposition.html Phone Post 3.0