Bill O'reilly and evolution

Today on his radio show he said any "sane, rationale, person" believes in evolution right after saying, "we come from gorillas, primates, whatever..."

We came from gorillas?

He's a theistic evolutionist...

You'd have good MMA skills..

Bill's much better than Hannity. I enjoy watching the former, and hate watching the latter.

Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, same difference. Both are liars (either knowingly or unknowingly but I assume the latter) who spew propaganda to cover their precious leaders back.

wow, everyone's a liar?

It's funny how only biologist and their kool aid drinking fan base are the only ones to properly articulate evolution.

Man, I took evolution through out hs and college yet no one ever articulates it in practical terms unless it's Stephen Hawkings or one of his cult of personality worshippers.

Most people who believe in evolution think we come from "monkeys" as opposed to of course the more correct "primates".

How many lay people think we come from "monkey's" as opposed to "primates"? Most people do not draw a distinction. Does it matter? Whether one says we cam from furry monkey like animals or from a primordial soup or from inanimate objects that somehow spontaneously begat life...does it matter?

Thirdy, I think his point is that the word monkey VS the words common ape ancerstor is not going to make the difference in convincing someone or not regardless of which is the correct explanation of the theory. But I get what you mean.

3rd-Would it matter if I completely altered Biblical verses and represented them as authentic?

me: only if you held them to be equal in terms of truthfulness and relevance ;-)

amen.

---"Most people who believe in evolution think we come from "monkeys" as opposed to of course the more correct "primates".

Rooster, I'm so proud of you!

Prof.

Helwig wrote:

---"Thirdy, I think his point is that the word monkey VS the words common ape ancerstor is not going to make the difference in convincing someone or not regardless of which is the correct explanation of the theory.

While in some cases that certainly would be true it's still a useful correction. It's so confusing for all those people who think we came from monkeys. It's amazing how often you hear: "Hey, if we came from monkeys how come there are still monkeys around. This evolution stuff doesn't make any sense."

Explaining that apes, monkeys and humans shared a common ancestor from which we all branched off at least clears away (or should) a pretty common area of confusion.

Prof.

Gee-I thought he was a flaming fundy? what? at least thats what the libs say

There's nothing wrong with being a theist and acknowledging evolution.

See Prof, I listen when we debate :-)

Jonwell, I think it's inconsistent to be a Christian and believe in Evolution. It may not be inconsistent to be a theistic and believe in evolution though.

---"See Prof, I listen when we debate :-)

Thanks, that's gratifying and, to my mind, you show some more willingness to listen than a number of other conservative Christians.

I'd like to return the favour: I certainly listen to your points and find it important to learn about your views as well. My only problem is that what I learn from one Christian about Christianity often does not inform me in conversations with the next Christian, as Christian's have such a varied, wide-ranging set of belief's.
I don't mean that derisively; it's just a practical problem for me when trying to "learn" about Christianity.

Prof.

Absolutely. I"m a conservative Christian and in agreement with about 80% of doctrine, but I'm on the outskirts as well on some pretty major stuff. I guess that's the beauty of being a free thinking adult. We are not all going to exactly believe the same thing. This forum challenges us, strengthens us, encourages us, weakens us, etc. I have learned that I have to be much more precise arguing against evolution and I can't prove anything because of emotion or because I know or feel that it's right.

It's fun. I respect ya.

It is all nonsense no matter how you put it or what you call it.

What is all nonsense?

rooster- Christian, probably yes. Non specific theist= no conflict.