Billy Joe Saunders vs Chris Eubank Jr

Frames4Life - Little prediction, in the not too distant future, people on this very thread will be scratching their heads as to how these two were even allowed to share the ring.

Billy will head down the divisions, Chris will head up.

On a side note, I'm a trainer & nutritionist for a boxing gym and I work with a lot of boxers with romany/gypsy/traveller heritage. Can any of you guys name me one gypsy fighter, past or present, that's ever been bang on with their physique and conditioning?

I'm struggling for just one. Best I've got so far is hosea burton, who is just skin and bone. Phone Post 3.0

Andy Lee?

LordSeano -
Frames4Life - Little prediction, in the not too distant future, people on this very thread will be scratching their heads as to how these two were even allowed to share the ring.

On a side note, I'm a trainer & nutritionist for a boxing gym and I work with a lot of boxers with romany/gypsy/traveller heritage. Can any of you guys name me one gypsy fighter, past or present, that's ever been bang on with their physique and conditioning?

I'm struggling for just one. Best I've got so far is hosea burton, who is just skin and bone. Phone Post 3.0

Andy Lee?
One of the better ones, for sure. Hardly a specimen though, is he?.

Martin J Ward is the best shout. He's in decent shape.

There's defo something cultural that's holding them back, I reckon cooking techniques and just a general ignorance with regard to nutrition, or at least the significance of it. Phone Post 3.0

Eubank looks a lot bigger but Saunders looks in shape

Promo

Saunders swears on his kids life that he will quit boxing if Eubank goes 5 rounds with

What time is Eubank likely to fight? Who is this fighting now? How many other fights before Eubank?

Sykes v Walsh finished, Buglioni v Robinson just finishing now , Mitchell Smith up next, then Skeete v Frankie Gavin.

I'd say Chris v Billy after that, maybe 2215 ??

Something like that. Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life - I'm a huge fan of Billy but sadly there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that Chris will beat Billy.

I'm expecting Saunders to fade in the second half of the fight. Don't think he will have the size or power to trouble Chris and his conditioning is horrible.

He's going to learn the hard way and I think he'll come again at welterweight. Phone Post 3.0
Wanted to quote this Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life - Little prediction, in the not too distant future, people on this very thread will be scratching their heads as to how these two were even allowed to share the ring.

One more quote Phone Post 3.0

Scored it for Chris by one round and feel completely justified in the pattern of the fight.

Tough fight for both guys.

Still think Billy has hit his level at middleweight , still think sky is the limit for Chris.

Billy was good for his win tonight though, pleased for him.

Riddle me this, who would you pick in a rematch?? Yeah !

Called this fight perfectly, again. Phone Post 3.0

Got him at the right time and there is nothing wrong with that. Phone Post 3.0

Also, rawling was horrible on commentary.

Anyone with a brain knew that was a pick 'em decision at the end. Phone Post 3.0

BoxNation commentators are fucking awful.

And that fight was so boring. Honestly, they should have just put the gloves on Snr and let him at Saunders. I think he would actually have performed better than Jnr.

"there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that Chris will beat Billy"

"You will be shocked at the difference in physicality, speed, power, fitness etc"

"Little prediction, in the not too distant future, people on this very thread will be scratching their heads as to how these two were even allowed to share the ring."

"Called this fight perfectly, again"

Boxing forums version of Comical Ali

ShamusO'nyou - "there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that Chris will beat Billy"

"You will be shocked at the difference in physicality, speed, power, fitness etc"

"Little prediction, in the not too distant future, people on this very thread will be scratching their heads as to how these two were even allowed to share the ring."

All 100% true.

I don't know what more you want.

Let's see which of these two men reach the top, they are both about 25 years old.

Let's see what happens.

Billy boxed ok at mid-long range, was horrible inside, horrible conditioning again. Got mauled and bullied in the 2nd half of the fight against a guy that had never been in a fight before.

Just about nicked it against a very very green opponent with no real experience and no one with a human brain would pick Saunders in a rematch.

Saunders has hit his level at middleweight, check!!

Eubank took over in the second half of the fight. Check!!

Saunders horrible conditioning, check!!

Saunders undersized at the championship distance, check!!!

Sky is the limit for Chris imo. He'll keep improving. Saunders will not have an impact at middleweight.

Like I said, I had Eubank by one round but he let Billy nick the early rounds before his horrible limitations came pouring out again. It's just experience.

Frames nailed it again. Phone Post 3.0

Some people need to turn the volume to mute and just watch the fight.

This was not a good performance from Saunders, he got worked over and scraped though via Eubanks lack of experience. Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life -
ShamusO'nyou - "there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that Chris will beat Billy"

All 100% true.

Let's see which of these two men reach the top, they are both about 25 years old.

Let's see what happens.

Billy boxed ok at mid-long range, was horrible inside, horrible conditioning again. Got mauled and bullied in the 2nd half of the fight against a guy that had never been in a fight before.

Just about nicked it against a very very green opponent with no real experience and no one with a human brain would pick Saunders in a rematch.

Sky is the limit for Chris imo. He'll keep improving. Saunders will not have an impact at middleweight.

Like I said, I had Eubank by one round but he let Billy nick the early rounds before his horrible limitations came pouring out again. It's just experience.

This is an epic level of denial Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck -
Frames4Life -

All 100% true.

Let's see what happens.

This is an epic level of denial Phone Post 3.0
Who do you think is going to have the better career now then ?

They are the same age and just boxed so this should be really easy for you to answer.

You haven't even said who you thought won or who you think performed better.

Although you've been very careful not to disagree with anything I've said so you definitely watched the fight lol.

For a Saunders fan like myself, it was grim viewing from round 5 onwards, all my fears and concerns confirmed.

You DID watch the fight, right?

I'm not going to argue the result, nor would I use a judges decision to try and prove my knowledge to people, just because it's convenient to do so on an occasion. You can't have it both ways, if the judges are retards when they score it differently, then they are retards when they score it the same.

Billy took a beating down the home straight, just like the prophet Frames foretold in his scriptures to the apostles. Phone Post 3.0

Frames I'm gonna have to disagree mate.
I couldn't believe one judge scored it in favour of Eubank.
I Had it 6-1 after the 7th and I think I gave Eubank 3/4 of the last rounds.
BJS jab was in his face, if he'd stuck to his jab the fight would have been even wider.
had no clue how to deal with the southpaw jab. He was just lunging in with crude, wild, lead left hooks.
BJS made Eubank look a novice on times. Didn't take him to the ropes and try and bully him nowhere near enough as he needed to. That was the only time he had success.

Although I do think Eubank has talent, if he faces someone with a bit of bite on their punches I think he'll be in trouble.
I don't think he's inherited his dad's chin. Phone Post 3.0

Before Frames moved to England and became a boxing trainer and nutritionist he was the Iraqi information minister.

Found a wee video of him in action on YouTube