Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth

Anyone playing this game? I just bought a Switch the other day and grabbed this with it. Never thought I would like a top down style game but I am balls deep at the moment!!

Not sure if the consoles have this but if they do make sure to get the afterbirth+ dlc expansion. Adds 50+ items, another playable character, and a lot more.

I picked it up at launch and leveled up enough to finish the game and haven't played much since. I picked up one of the steam versions awhile ago too so I was already familiar with the game so you may get more mileage out of it than I did.

I think it's a really fun game and the structure of a relatively short (especially if you die early) arcade style top down shooter with an extra layer of character progression is something I enjoy. It reminds me of the classic "Radiant Silvergun" for the Sega Saturn in that way.

I got it on switch as well at launch.  Very fun game.  I haven't playd it much because the switch if fucking loaded with great games at the moment, but its a super fun game thats really hard with a ton of depth once you figure out how it works.

The Destroyer88 - Not sure if the consoles have this but if they do make sure to get the afterbirth+ dlc expansion. Adds 50+ items, another playable character, and a lot more.

The switch version comes with all the DLC up to this point.

I've really been loving Ittle Dew 2 on the Switch, its similar looking to Isaac but more of a traditional Zelda style gameplay.

I'm currently playing Splatoon 2, stardew valley, rocket league and Mario oddysee a lot.  

Stardew valley is a nearly perfect game. Can't wait for the Co op update.

The Destroyer88 - Stardew valley is a nearly perfect game. Can't wait for the Co op update.

I'm interested in how they are going to do it and if it will actually make the game more fun or interesting.  Only time will tell.

Ive been playing stardew valley like crazy

its really fun

What is stardew about been playing Isaac since launch on Xbox great game 

Ojsblackglove -

Very open farming game where you inherit a farm and basically get to decide what to do with it.  Its done in a 16 bit SNES top down art style with really chill music and a whole town of people to interact with.   Its got RPG elements, but its completely up to you how you want to play the game.  Its relaxing and addicting at the same time.

Man, the game is so unforgiving but once you start understanding the items and the enemy mechanics it gets so deep. So many characters to finish with which will keep me coming back.

Completely overlooked stardew but I’ll check it out.

Been playing Mario Kart with my girl. Online battles keep us entertained for hours. So good.

Got that snipperclips game too which is alright to play with your partner or whatever but it’s hard to play when you have other great options.

LeatherHandsChanz -

Been playing Mario Kart with my girl. Online battles keep us entertained for hours. So good.

Got that snipperclips game too which is alright to play with your partner or whatever but it’s hard to play when you have other great options.

Mario Kart gets real when you play online against other good players.  Its basically a super intense rush to not get hit with 10 shells in a row. 

Hurtsogood -
Ojsblackglove -

Very open farming game where you inherit a farm and basically get to decide what to do with it.  Its done in a 16 bit SNES top down art style with really chill music and a whole town of people to interact with.   Its got RPG elements, but its completely up to you how you want to play the game.  Its relaxing and addicting at the same time.

Thanks man VU gonna have to try it out!

Hurtsogood -
LeatherHandsChanz -

Mario Kart gets real when you play online against other good players.  Its basically a super intense rush to not get hit with 10 shells in a row. 

Yeah, it will be good when I get a bit sharper and know the maps better. Doing a lot better since I changed up my kart and driver up though. Using bowser-land ship and a pretty standard glider.

what you running?

LeatherHandsChanz -
Hurtsogood -
LeatherHandsChanz -

Yeah, it will be good when I get a bit sharper and know the maps better. Doing a lot better since I changed up my kart and driver up though. Using bowser-land ship and a pretty standard glider.

what you running?

I like Morton with a standard Kart when I'm playing online usually.  I like that top end speed basically drift boost as much as possible throughout the course.

If you ever play 200 cc the same cars don't work as well, though.  Its much faster so you have to play with cars that handle really tight if you want to stay on the course.

I like the big guys because their top end speed can be so high and they can smash right through smaller guys when you colide.

Isaac is 100% my jam. I'm almost at 1000 hours and I still come across crazy new item synergies that keep it fresh. Looking forward to picking it up on switch and starting all over, lol. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

MahatmaPetey - Isaac is 100% my jam. I'm almost at 1000 hours and I still come across crazy new item synergies that keep it fresh. Looking forward to picking it up on switch and starting all over, lol. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Petey how do you feel about Afterbirth +?

I don't really dig it