Birchak: Ban on IVs is F@$%ing $#!^^*

If someone is afraid to fight someone their own size, they should find a new hobby/job.

They should do weigh-ins on the day of the fight and ban weigh cutting. It would prolong lives and careers.

Weight cutting is for cowards. Phone Post 3.0

Hey birchak- don't cut so much weight then.

Nobody is forcing you to cut so much. Either fight in your real weight class or go somewhere else Phone Post 3.0

Who is he? Phone Post 3.0

wow, wow, wow....

"I had a very good friend of mine got knocked out because he didn't rehydrate properly."

Holy shit, pardon in advance for fighter bashing but this kid is a fucking idiot.

I figured a lot of fighters would be pissed. I really don't care because I don't use IV's but just about everyone I know, does Phone Post 3.0

JimmersonzGlove - How will they enforce this? Phone Post 3.0
By fining and suspending everyone who has plasticizers in their post fight drug test Phone Post 3.0

camozzi - I figured a lot of fighters would be pissed. I really don't care because I don't use IV's but just about everyone I know, does Phone Post 3.0
According to the UG you know a lot of cowardly pussies and fuck them (for some reason) and let's add more red tape just because. Phone Post 3.0

They may bitch but their kidneys will thank them.

I'm willing to assume that like myself most of us here aren't doctors, but even basic college level health or science courses are enough to know how important water is to us. Seriously, needing 3+ bags through an IV to rehydrate within 24hrs is DANGEROUS. There could be nasty irreversible long term effects from that intense weight cutting.

We have fighters trying to skip a whole weight class and fight two classes below their normal weight just to be the bigger guy. How often does that backfire, leaving them exhausted and giving the fans a shitty performance because they were too tired/weak/sick and then just use the same excuse "rough weight cut".

Michael Chase - 
RenanViaEarlyStoppage - His arguments make no sense. Phone Post 3.0
This x1000 Phone Post 3.0

It looked like a commercial with no thought behind it, his arguments made no sense. Saying guys will have to go up in weight because they cant cut ridiculous amounts of weight and rehydrate is what most fans want to see happen..... and that was his main complaint. Hilarious

Jimmy Wrassler -
Michael Chase - 
RenanViaEarlyStoppage - His arguments make no sense. Phone Post 3.0
This x1000 Phone Post 3.0

It looked like a commercial with no thought behind it, his arguments made no sense. Saying guys will have to go up in weight because they cant cut ridiculous amounts of weight and rehydrate is what most fans want to see happen..... and that was his main complaint. Hilarious
Yup this
Essentially he said:
'Wait, if I can't use multiple IV bags to rehydrate how am I going to be able to game the weigh in system as hard?' Phone Post 3.0

You know what's "F@$%ing $#!^^*"

having two athletes the same size profoundly dehydrate themselves before a fight to be an equally smaller size for a brief moment only to rehydrate back to their original size.

All in the name of a rule, ie - weight classes, which is designed to promote fighter safety in the first place.

Rapid Extreme Weight Cuts need to become a part of this sport's history.

AC's should consider forcing all fighters to pass a hydration test while making weight.  Yes it will disrupt current weight class preferneces for fighters but it will also go a long way in helping the weight class requirements fulfill their intended purpose.

More guys are using EPO these days too. Combine that with extreme weight cutting and it's a recipe for kidney failure or a stroke. Crazy dangerous. Fighters have already died, had seizures, etc. from cutting. It's as dangerous as hitting a guy when he is already KO'd. Different kind of danger but health wise, it's just as serious.

JimmersonzGlove -
mada - if you can't naturally rehydrate within 24+ hours then you are cutting too much weight and it's unsafe. When you are too dumb to protect yourself then you have the regulators step in to save you. Thats just how I see it.

Spot on summary and kind of sad since the athletic commissions can barely count to potato.
It's a good thing though because dudes like this can't even count to carrot Phone Post 3.0

People arguing against this... How stupid are you? Especially the ones complaining about big government? Common. You seriously can't be that stupid. Common. Phone Post 3.0

This guy clearly gets it... Phone Post 3.0

Herbish1 - Maybe fight in your proper weight class, so you don't have to cut so much weight to the point you need an IV to rehydrate.

I actually like this. These guys want their cake and eat it to. You want to be able to fight 30 pounds above your weigh in weight, but you don't want your chin or cardio to be effected. There should be consequences. Go ahead cut that much weight, be the bigger stronger guy, but you won't have the cardio to last a whole fight.

Or cut 10-12 pounds, come in fresh and energetic and be able to go hard the whole fight. Phone Post 3.0

Spot on.

RedaJaNai -
Herbish1 - Maybe fight in your proper weight class, so you don't have to cut so much weight to the point you need an IV to rehydrate.

I actually like this. These guys want their cake and eat it to. You want to be able to fight 30 pounds above your weigh in weight, but you don't want your chin or cardio to be effected. There should be consequences. Go ahead cut that much weight, be the bigger stronger guy, but you won't have the cardio to last a whole fight.

Or cut 10-12 pounds, come in fresh and energetic and be able to go hard the whole fight. Phone Post 3.0

Spot on.
Yeah fuck those guys!

Smh Phone Post 3.0

Stop cutting all that weight homie.

A cyclist has been tested this night at 1.29 AM
so good luck for the UFC fighters.

ErikMagraken -

You know what's "F@$%ing $#!^^*"

having two athletes the same size profoundly dehydrate themselves before a fight to be an equally smaller size for a brief moment only to rehydrate back to their original size.

All in the name of a rule, ie - weight classes, which is designed to promote fighter safety in the first place.

Rapid Extreme Weight Cuts need to become a part of this sport's history.

AC's should consider forcing all fighters to pass a hydration test while making weight.  Yes it will disrupt current weight class preferneces for fighters but it will also go a long way in helping the weight class requirements fulfill their intended purpose.

THIS!!! Phone Post 3.0