Bisping $425k / Nick Diaz $200k. lost respect

Michael Bisping: $425,000 ($275,000 to show, $150,000 to win)

Jason Miller: $45,000

Bisping def. Miller via technical knockout

Nick Diaz: $200,000 (no win bonus) def. BJ Penn: $150,000

hard to respect whoever is in charge of contract negotiations when a guy like nick diaz who fights the best available opponents all times any time and only wants the biggest fights against the toughest competition... When he was in strikeforce he was begging them to bring in top talent for him to face. And no difference in the UFC he wants to fight the best of the best to prove he is the best in the world at his weight class. after beating bj penn (Former 2x ufc champion) who was ranked #7 in the world at WW at the time of the fight, hes screaming "Where you at Georges? where you at mother f****r ? " and he gets 200,000 for that pay per view main event with no bonus

Then a guy like Michael Bisping who repeatedly lands illegal blows (Knee to the head of downed opponent on TUF show, Knee to head of downed Rivera) Then he gets $425,000 dollars for beating another unranked opponent in Mayhem Miller on a spike TUF finale card, not even pay per view? I love mayhem miller and all but lets face it the last 2 fights he won were against 32 year old Tim Stout 12 wins 10 losses and a way past prime 26 wins 16 losses  41/42 year old Sakuraba. Then after defeating Mayhem he doesnt call out the champion Anderson Silva he says he still has a lot to work on before he can face anderson silva.

Ive always supported the UFC whole-heartidly bought every pay per view and supported them no matter what.

But seeing this makes me sick and leaves a bad taste in my mouth as far as how much i can respect whoever is in charge of contract negotiations for Zuffa.

Whats Bisping gonna get $500,000 to fight Damien Maia?  and Nick Diaz get $200,000 to fight Carlos Condit for the ufc WW interem title?

If you disagree with me then feel free to fire away and state your opinion but i feel it would be hard to argue the above ^^^

Another whiny post by CesarGracieJewJitsu, what a suprise.

truevalon -  Another whiny post by CesarGracieJewJitsu, what a suprise.

fire away with the insults, i can take the heat,

but id like to hear how and why you disagree...

How does Michael bisping deserve $425,000 to fight an unranked opponent in mayhem miller?

and Nick Diaz only deserve $200,000 to fight the #7 ranked guy in the world at his division while on a 10 fight win streak?

cant wait to hear your answer...

CesarGracieJewJitsu - 
truevalon -  Another whiny post by CesarGracieJewJitsu, what a suprise.

fire away with the insults, i can take the heat,

but id like to hear how and why you disagree...

How does Michael bisping deserve $425,000 to fight an unranked opponent in mayhem miller?

and Nick Diaz only deserve $200,000 to fight the #7 ranked guy in the world at his division while on a 10 fight win streak?

cant wait to hear your answer...

1. Bisping has a better agent negotiating his contract

2. Bisping has 15 UFC fights while Diaz has not fought in the UFC in almost 6 years.

3. Contracts, how do they work?

4. Bisping, while he has some attitude, at least shows up when he is required.

How do you know Nick's contract is a UFC contract? You realize when the UFC buys orgs like the WEC, Pride and Strikeforce they don't rip up the existing contracts right? They honor the terms until they are up for renewal.

Play the game Nick, play the game. Phone Post

bryanand - How do you know Nick's contract is a UFC contract? You realize when the UFC buys orgs like the WEC, Pride and Strikeforce they don't rip up the existing contracts right? They honor the terms until they are up for renewal.

Diaz was paid more in his UFC fight than his last Strikeforce fight so he probably has a new contract.

Bisping brings in the british money. Diaz isn't a draw yet. Phone Post

I love Diaz, 209 4 Life.

But, I can see how Bisping gets the whole UK crowd to watch. Bigger audience = bigger check. Phone Post

More people know who Michael Bisping is.

Hence the bigger name, star power and paycheck to match.

Nick could have earned far more had he shown for a press conference. Phone Post

bryanand - How do you know Nick's contract is a UFC contract? You realize when the UFC buys orgs like the WEC, Pride and Strikeforce they don't rip up the existing contracts right? They honor the terms until they are up for renewal.

Nick Diaz Signs New Contract To Fight For The UFC And Strikeforce, But Not Boxing

var addthis_product = 'wpp-261';
var addthis_config = {"data_track_clickback":true};

The MMA world is currently buzzing from the still hot-off-the-press news that Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz will be fighting UFC 170lb champ Georges St.Pierre at UFC 137 in October, but how exactly did the deal come about?

Diaz’ manager Cesar Gracie has informed USAToday that a new eight-fight contract for his client was the catalyst for the fight to become a reality.

According to Gracie, Diaz new deal with Zuffa allows him to continue fighting for Strikeforce and to compete in the UFC. The agreement also removes a previous clause that allowed Diaz to compete in boxing.

Only months ago Diaz had signed a lucrative new deal with Strikeforce that earned him $150,000 per fight. The outspoken fighter has publicly stated on numerous occasions that he’s still not being paid enough however, and by threatening to compete in boxing instead it seems that he’s given himself the perfect leverage to get what he really wanted – a bigger payday and bigger fights.

Diaz would have got championship money had he turned up to the press conferences. ...... Phone Post

truevalon - 

you do make some good points and im not a stubborn asshole so i will give u props for ur 4 points made, other than contracts how do they work cuz that was kinda dickish...

but my last question and this is what ive been asking all along, and what inspired this thread to be made

im speaking on the value of them as fighters, all the UK draw and everything else aside... just if the company was fair and was to pay the fighters what they felt they were worth based on Rank,strength of schedule, rank of the opponent they are facing, performance during the fight etc. the way it should be done.

Do you truly believe that Michael Bisping deserved to earn $425,000 to fight an unranked opponent in mayhem miller whos last wins were against 32 yr old 12wins 10 loss tim stout and Sakuraba 26 wins 16 losses 41 years old... and someone like nick on 10 fight win streak fighting the #7 ranked WW in the world in a title contender fight on pay per view as the main event only deserves $200,000  ????

101% agreed Phone Post

Clive -  Diaz would have got championship money had he turned up to the press conferences. ...... Phone Post

so im asking why does Michael Bisping get championship money to fight unranked Mayhem Miller  who was 3wins - 2 losses and 1 nc in last 6 fights on a spike tv tuf finale card at that?

i dont think bisping should have even been scheduled to fight mayhem in the first place, then pay him championship money for it? lame