Bisping Criticizes Holland’s Orlando Performance

Whether on purpose or not, it was a smart career move. The audience loved it and the commentators were talking about fight of the year.

1 Like

I think he may have some sort of disorder. The way he talks about his childhood it’s like he was one of those kids who was expelled from every school he was in. That’s not normal lol

Maybe for the immediate, but he took bad damage, and once the chin is compromised it will be easier to knock him out in future fights. Not sure where you can find it but Josh Thompson described how the beating Tony Ferguson gave him ruined his career and he wishes he would have tapped to strikes to stop the trauma

1 Like

All those metrics should take into consideration how much money they’re projected to make. A short career can when playing your cards right be much more lucrative than a long one. It’s the entertainment industry and the gap in fighter pay is huge because some are bigger draws than others.

1 Like

sage northcutt.

2 Likes

That was a gimmick to everyone decently knowledgeable. You knew it was about hype and his look and that there was nothing otherwise special about him. He was like Ernie Reyes jr. 2.0 in accessibility and charisma.

On another episode he went into more detail where he describes more of the aftereffects of how he hated training after that fight and that GSP tapping to strikes against Serra was smart

1 Like

“My career changed after the Tony Ferguson fight. I didn’t like to be hit, I hated training, I didn’t like to be sparred. I didn’t want to be hit by anybody. It was one of those life-changing fights where in training, it was no longer fun anymore. And that’s hard for fighters to swallow.”
that’s josh thompson, purely honest and humble.

2 Likes

Yup, Hollands fight iq is in the single digits. That said, I honestly think winning to him is secondary - he wants to be entertaining and put on great fights. He is very successful in that regard

I do not want to see Holland become a smarter fighter - I do not want to see him taking people down to score points

I don’t get the hate on Holland, but I agree with Bisping. Holland shouldn’t have givem up those spots, but that’s on him and the fight is over. I don’t think he’s an overrated prospect at all. He fought for a while with no one paying attention until the Jacare ko, and then it’s like people think he’s next for the title because he gets main event spots. I’ve never seen the ufc really pushing him as “title material” but more of a Cowboy style gate keeper. Kevin fights fun more than smart, but does some wild shit that we’d never see if his priorities were reversed. He gets top billing because his fights usually make you say holy shit. I personally love watching him and think last night was a great example of why win or lose.

2 Likes

I don’t think Holland has a low fight IQ, he wanted to put on a show for us and he did that.

2 Likes

Who is hating on him? He’s mostly getting praise on here