Bisping is a tough matchup for GSP

Bisping gave Chael - who was a huge, roided out, incredibly strong MW - hell with his TDD. Granted, GSP's double is more predicated on timing than power. But that's not a great sign for the GOAT MMA Wrestler's chances of scoring the TD.

On the feet, Bisping is a frustrating ring general. His kicks to the knee and jab might give GSP trouble.

For any complaints about the justifications for this fight (perfectly valid), it's really intriguing stylistically.

Yup

I wonder if we'll see GSP return to his striking roots in this fight. Bisping almost certainly won't take GSP down (not because the Count has bad wrestling but because GSP's TDD is top notch). Maybe this is a stand up battle?

I wonder if GSP will work the level change-upper cut transition that Mendes uses so well.

Especially with the ring rust!

Willin - Especially with the ring rust!

Gosh, with a fighter/athlete like GSP you really don't know the extent to which ring rust will matter.

The guy has never been unprepared for a fight. He has never been out of shape. He has never not been ready (Serra KO notwithstanding).

He absolutely could be rusty. Or he could look like Cruz versus TJ.

The guy just did a training camp to get ready for his training camp. I think he will be ready. Plus he looked good against a very dangerous Condit after a long layoff, and by the time they fight, Bisping will have been out 9 months to a year.

Man I don't know about this fight at this stage and gsp moving up. Wish he stayed retired lol

GSP is gonna absolutely school Bisping. 

FatsMcGee - The guy just did a training camp to get ready for his training camp. I think he will be ready. Plus he looked good against a very dangerous Condit after a long layoff, and by the time they fight, Bisping will have been out 9 months to a year.

It's a really good point.

Another point is that GSP and Firas aren't dumb. They have clear reasons why they think they can win.

Nobody mentioned that Bisping could take GSP down in the later rounds.

Donoghue88 - 

Nobody mentioned that Bisping could take GSP down in the later rounds.

I guess it's possible. But GSP is really hard to take down.