Bisping’s Simone Biles criticism gets direct response from Olympic champion gymnast

Bisping’s right. Folding to pressure happens, but it should not be praised or celebrated in any way.

31 Likes

This chick is talking to Bisping about competing injured like he doesn’t know about it.

Motherfucker won a belt with one eye against a guy who brutally knocked him out before on like a week notice.

31 Likes

This.

I was never a Bisping fan, but he knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

13 Likes

If you ever get bored, read his book Quitters Never Win.

He talks about fighting with one eye for 10+ fights, always in fear of the doctors saying no one time which would have meant his career would be over, and how he basically has one good knee and the other had risk of having his leg amputated.

It will make you a fan.

4 Likes

Agree completely…I’m not gonna crush her if she doesn’t want to compete, but I’m not loving all the “OMG she’s so amazing and brave!!” takes I’m hearing. Henry Cejudo made a post too, saying that he won his gold medal with a badly injured shoulder, and thinks she should have competed. It’s not like it’s just dickheads who don’t have a clue talking about it.

As for Dominique’s comments…her situation is completely different. Dominique was a kid…a 14 year old child who was physically injured, and nobody was looking out for her. Simone Biles is a 24 year old woman who makes an estimated 300K annually, and has a net worth of about $6M…and when she gave her interview, she said she’s been really stressed out, and it’s supposed to be fun, and it’s not fun for her right now (paraphrasing).

She shouldn’t be compared to the 14 year old kids who were forced to compete hurt. She should be compared to other professional athletes who are worth millions of dollars…and it’s not like she was having a bad showing, she was the top scorer in the individual competition.

Like I said, if she didn’t want to be there, was struggling mentally, I have no issue with her pulling herself out of competition…but let’s not celebrate it like she’s doing something heroic for women’s gymnastics. If someone like Tom Brady benched himself in the middle of the superbowl because he wasn’t there mentally and was worried he was going to get hurt, there wouldn’t be anyone praising him for being so brave.

11 Likes

Someone needs to ask that woman if she regrets not quitting.

1 Like

Rockhold didn’t brutally KO Bisping - he rocked him then subbed him.

1 Like

I think there are tons of examples in the olympics of children being pushed to a point I wouldn’t want my child pushed. I get it completely…if my child fell the way Dominique did and nobody looked after her, I’d want to strangle people. I completely agree that the treatment of some of these 13-15 year old kids was disgusting…I guess they feel like Simone pulling out put a spotlight on it, and will help the kids in the future. I get that…but again, we’re talking about 2 different things.

A 24 year old millionaire pulled herself from competition, saying she wasn’t into it mentally. That’s not the same thing as forcing a child to compete while physically injured.

6 Likes

1 arm guillotine no less…lol

1 Like

oh my bad, I thought he head kicked him like vitor

fuckin thank you… people are ignoring the age factor among other things

1 Like

I think that started the sub sequence

This and I’m totally baffled as to why people have such a hard problem with this …

1 Like

Certainly she has a lot of pressure on her, but she shouldn’t win another medal for quitting.

This brave victim bullshit needs to stop being hailed as hero mentality.

2 Likes

Watched Joe Rogan and he said the reason she is not competing is because she takes Ritalin for ADHD, has been for years, won 4 gold medals being able to take it last Olympics. In Tokyo it is banned so she can’t take it and is why she quit.

At first I thought she was an absolute pussy for quitting but now I understand, if this is all true of course.

2 Likes