Bisping's eye is more messed up than I thought

I don’t believe he has ever walked in a cage and had a physical advantage over his opponent, except for conditioning. He couldn’t cash in on his cardio unless he lasted to the later rounds.

When you think of all his success, that fact really speaks to his mental grit, physical toughness and professionalism. Always prepared and always refining his skill.

Sad

RollHighAllDay - Like a true count.
I really hope that one day they can put that eye right for him.

I am so thankful to have been able to watch all his fights over the years. I appreciate his career more than most, always an active fighter you got your money worth out of the count.

didnt like him at 1st. he grew on me to be one of my favs now. MUCH respect. TRUE WARRIOR!

stanneh -
RollHighAllDay - Like a true count.
I really hope that one day they can put that eye right for him.

I am so thankful to have been able to watch all his fights over the years. I appreciate his career more than most, always an active fighter you got your money worth out of the count.

Didn’t click quote sorry dude.

Shit app strikes again!

IronWill -

It’s pretty fucked up when you realise the shot that hurt him with GSP and the one the put him out with Gastelum came from the side of his bad eye. Look at that photo, he could probably hardly see them coming. All the respect in the world for Bisping as a fighter and as a man. We’re all flawed, Mike definitely has a temper but he is a genuinely good man.

Check out ‘believe you me’, he has a great podcast.

Gsp actually said in a post fight interview part of the gameplan was to go for that side due to him not being able to see properly. Then the mic went to bisping and he just ignored the eye issue excuse that was presented to him.

Possibly because he doesn't want to make excuses but probably because he knows he shouldn't really be able to pass the medical without some shenanigans and wants to keep attention away, possibly even both. 

Either way I think he's earned his money from the ufc plus he won the title with one eye!! Have that rockhold you smug cunt, haha. 

ill miss him when he retires!

RKing85 -

Shawn Michaels eat your heart out.

Lol

he's a warrior - really no debating that

Karma is a bitch. 

no one deserves their pay more than a fighter or a pro football player. people rarely escape those careers undamaged. 

bisping has been a helluva fighter. wishing him the best.

My dad has a detached retina issue as well. A few surgeries later, he has about 20% vision left in his eye. Bisping has balls of steel in order to fight with one eye

Suicidalforlife -

Never liked him after he coached TUF, came across badly both times, especially opposite Hendo.

As a fighter, the man deserves massive respect though, tough as it gets in this sport, mentally and physically. 

To fall short in so many #1 contender fights and then to finally get a shot on short notice has to be difficult , he absolutely believed in himself in that fight.

One of the best upsets ever.

Is it hard though? When you've failed so many times taking a fight on a short notice means nothing because nobody expects you to win.

He had absolutely no pressure in that fight.

I forget when he started having issues w/ that eye.

Was it after Hendo almost killed him?

JohnMc1 - Dude should have retired when he won the Belt. It looks like the surgery might not do anything to save his sight in his eye now.

And lose out on the million+ payday agaisnt GSP?

Only mistake he made was the Gastelum fight.

Imagine the desire toughness and balls it takes to fight again after blinding an eye.