Bit of a Dilemma, Opinions?

Saturday I'm at my mums and my 4 year old daughter is in the kitchen when something bangs into the back door growling. A pitbull has somehow gotten into the back yard, gotten trapped and started losing its shit.

My daughters terrified, I can't go outside to open the gate for the dog as it's going mad, so I call the police. I don't know who's dog it is, so I do that.

Police come round and I find out off a neighbour that the dog belongs to another neighbour. The police ask me who, I won't tell them because I actually like the guy and don't want him to get in shit.

I go get him myself and the police assure him he can have the dog back, but he'll have to register her at a cost of £25 ($50ish) a year.

A few days pass and I find out he's got to pay £700 just to get her back and then the £25 a year on top. He's been to my mums house and said he wants me to help pay.

I didn't know it was his dog.

I only let the police round if they promised me they wouldn't put the dog down.

I don't wanna pay shit.

My mum thinks I should give him something as a good will gesture, she's concerned because he's been in prison and has a reputation.

He's likely to be aggressive when I see him, but here's the problem; he's had serious head trauma in the past and if I end up hitting him, it could fuck him up. I don't want my life to get fucked up for that. I could lose my job, get arrested and all kinds of shit.

...so wat do?

Tl;dr - Phoned cops on random aggressive dog. Dog belongs to ex con. Ex con wants money. Don't wanna pay. Mum worried.

step 1 invent time machine

step 2 ask cops to put dog down isntead of save dog

problem solved

That actually could end up being a sticky wicket

Stopped reading at pit bull. You should have shot it in the face. 

Fuck that guy, don't pay him shit. 

If he gets aggressive with you, punch him in the head and rape him to show dominance. 

If the dog is with him, at the time, rape the dog, too. 

Yeah don't have guns over here, nor time machines. No idea what a sticky wicket is.

Basically I don't think I should have to pay and I wanna know if you guys think that's justified, or if I should pay something?

KickAssMcRad - AKA Idon't Portal -

Fuck that guy, don't pay him shit. 

If he gets aggressive with you, punch him in the head and rape him to show dominance. 

If the dog is with him, at the time, rape the dog, too. 

This is an option

Z NEDCMK1 -

Tell him to go fuck himself.

He owns a dog that may be problematic, and it got loose.

It is his responsibility, not yours.

This is the way I see it.

TFK_Fanboy - fuck that noise.

you let guy know you nor your mom are paying shit to him. he should've had his aggressive dog under control

if that does not work/you don't want to get confrontational, let the police know the ex-con is harassing your mom asking for money to get his dog back
Good idea.

TFK_Fanboy -
DanCrase - Yeah don't have guns over here, nor time machines. No idea what a sticky wicket is.

Basically I don't think I should have to pay and I wanna know if you guys think that's justified, or if I should pay something?

you already did the guy a favor. his dog is not dead thanks to you. he should be gratful
Yeah if only he saw it like that. He just sees the cost. I didn't want the dog to die just for getting trapped and panicking.

Don't pay and he probably won't get the dog back. Your mom wants you to pay the guy so the dog can get out again and cause a problem. Maybe someone better will adopt the dog. 

Let me get this straight, his dog endangers your family and you are thinking of paying him money ?

Take your balls out of your mum's purse ,or wherever you store them . Tell the guy to fuck off . His problem for having a aggressive dog and being a cunt owner.

fastnotch331 - Let me get this straight, his dog endangers your family and you are thinking of paying him money ?

Take your balls out of your mum's purse ,or wherever you store them . Tell the guy to fuck off . His problem for having a aggressive dog and being a cunt owner.
The only consideration comes from the fact it's the street my mum lives on, not me.

Like I say, he's had brain injuries in the past and I doubt he'd get physical; but if he does he could end up badly hurt and here in the UK the law doesn't believe in self defence.

I'm not thinking of paying him, as stated, but I'm wondering if I should or not.

Has he convict actually spoken to you? Don't do anything you don't want to. It will diminish you in your own eyes if you do. Stand your ground. 

DanCrase -
fastnotch331 - Let me get this straight, his dog endangers your family and you are thinking of paying him money ?

The only consideration comes from the fact it's the street my mum lives on, not me.

Like I say, he's had brain injuries in the past and I doubt he'd get physical; but if he does he could end up badly hurt and here in the UK the law doesn't believe in self defence.

I'm not thinking of paying him, as stated, but I'm wondering if I should or not.
Do you train ? I don't know what to tell you man , wish I had more advice then don't pay him but UK laws are way different than the US. Make a report to the police every time he comes around looking for money and threats . Get your mum some camera's to catch him being a fool maybe ? I know you are trying to look out for mum and keep the peace, some people you just can't give into or it gets worse . Good luck man sorry for being a cunt before.

Rhymenoceros - This is a tricky one. Obviously it's all his fault, but you're going to have to be diplomatic because it's your mom's house, and you don't want to create a problem for her with some crazy neighbor.

If you cow to this guy he's going to think he can walk all over you guys. If you tell him straight to fuck off he may do something to your mom's house.

Here's what I suggest: Tell him the dog caused some damage to the garden (I used a Britishism there to make you more comfortable) and to the back door of your mom's house. Tell him he needs to pay for it, but settle for him paying for his dog and you paying to fix the damage.
It's a plan, but he's not balanced enough to go for it

If your daughter had gone in the back yard before you knew the dog was trapped, it very likely would have killed her. Fuck that guy and his piece of shit dog.

fastnotch331 -
DanCrase -

Do you train ? I don't know what to tell you man , wish I had more advice then don't pay him but UK laws are way different than the US. Make a report to the police every time he comes around looking for money and threats . Get your mum some camera's to catch him being a fool maybe ? I know you are trying to look out for mum and keep the peace, some people you just can't give into or it gets worse . Good luck man sorry for being a cunt before.
No worries mate.

I'm not afraid of this guy physically, in fact I'm worried he may end up with real damage if it gets physical due to the fact he has trauma induced brain issues already and the law here would send me down for defending myself.

My concern is more if he vandalised anything of my mums or gives her shit.

Soup and Beer - If your daughter had gone in the back yard before you knew the dog was trapped, it very likely would have killed her. Fuck that guy and his piece of shit dog.
Exactly

DanCrase -
fastnotch331 -
DanCrase -

No worries mate.

I'm not afraid of this guy physically, in fact I'm worried he may end up with real damage if it gets physical due to the fact he has trauma induced brain issues already and the law here would send me down for defending myself.

My concern is more if he vandalised anything of my mums or gives her shit.
Ya , look into the camera's and catch him in the act then they can send him back to prision . I'd stand firm on not giving him any money . Good luck mate.